Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,534

Jamouse

vonseux wrote:

Faron wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

I was wondering just how good people think this game is. I've been considering picking it up for a long time but it' basically this or Resi Revelations, anyone?

Many people, including me, considers Xenoblade as one of the best RPG:s ever. Revelations haven't been released yet so it's impossible to say anything about that yet.

Not my oppinion, even after 20 hours of gamelay the combat felt arbitrary if not scripted, itens and equips makes no real difference, the side quests were all boring collectionism, the story is simply good-vs-evil cliché. I'm not the biggest rpg fan so I dropped the game with no regrets, I was forcing myself to like the game but it felt like the Game was playing ME; it has lots of quality on sound, graphics, overworld; but on story, combat and challange, itens and equip Arc Rise Fantasia is a better game.

The quests get a lot better as your affinity with the area gets higher. It was a real drag getting to about a three star affinity with frontier village, but after that quests got a lot more enjoyable.
MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING
I'm up to one of the Egil battles (The one where he is controlling the mechonis,yaldabaoth, i think), and i'm having a lot of trouble. I'm currently using Riki-Sharla-Dunban, but what would be the best team for the battle? Please help.

Jamouse

edhe

In the past few days (contrary to my signature - I haven't actually been playing Xenoblade up until recently) I've been without a computer, and have been playing this again.

I've been anticipating the end for at least 20 hours (I thought the game was wrapping up at around the eryth sea originally, then the mechon forward base), but I'm definitely nearing the end now.

In answer to your question, @Jamouse, I've been playing through the game as Shulk with Reyn and Sharla, and the battle you speak of was pretty easy for me. I found it easy, because the boss wasn't constantly spamming ether attacks that my monado block skills can't defend from.

I usually rely on tactical use of arts (like backslash or side slash - I don't know their actual names) to raise the combo meter. Sharla helps keep the team's health up (either through her AI or throuh the team combo), while Reyn helps divert attention away from me, as I get in a few more back slashes.

When it comes to combos, Shulk and Reyn are perfectly suited to each other, as they share many like-coloured moves - suitable for damaging the enemy (red, mainly) while bringing the combo meter up. Sharla isn't completely useless in this team up - on my game, she's just learnt a high powered red move of her own, but the three of my main characters have a series of moves that break, then topple and then stun the opponent. Sharla's red move has a chance of one-shotting any enemy that is stunned, but this is useless in boss and unique battles.

It may be a case of changing your characters around, but if you've been playing through a large part of the game as those three, I understand if it might be hard to adapt to new characters
In summary (if you haven't already), look at your characters' arts, and see if there are any that work together. Re-arrange your characters in the party list if neccesary (for example, Riki may be occupying your second slot, when he may be better in third during a combo). And definitely mop up any goons the boss may summon.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

kkslider5552000

oh yeah I pre-ordered the game a little while ago. April can't come soon enough (...well actually it can, I haven't finished any of my Christmas games and I got 2 more games, plus there's a 3DS game or two and Rhythm Heaven Fever...)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

edhe

Beaten!!

I had so much trouble with a particular boss near the end (one who summons loads of elemental enemies, has a spinning attack that topples you and everyone else in the team - no matter how far away you are and likes to knock or push your teammates into a pool of acid where they slowly die) which required me to switch up my team a bit, but I was largely able to complete the rest of the game solely with Shulk, Reyn and Sharla.

As for sidequests and diversions, I didn't really get many of them done. I look forward to doing that on my next playthrough. I just wanted to get the game finished so I can play it again properly (albeit with a different primary character.

I've started again (with a new game, mind you) and will be playing through as Reyn. It's quite easy to adapt to him as a playstyle, because I can really focus on tanking.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

FonistofCruxis

edhe wrote:

Beaten!!

I had so much trouble with a particular boss near the end (one who summons loads of elemental enemies, has a spinning attack that topples you and everyone else in the team - no matter how far away you are and likes to knock or push your teammates into a pool of acid where they slowly die) which required me to switch up my team a bit, but I was largely able to complete the rest of the game solely with Shulk, Reyn and Sharla.

As for sidequests and diversions, I didn't really get many of them done. I look forward to doing that on my next playthrough. I just wanted to get the game finished so I can play it again properly (albeit with a different primary character.

I've started again (with a new game, mind you) and will be playing through as Reyn. It's quite easy to adapt to him as a playstyle, because I can really focus on tanking.

I had trouble with Lorithia too. She is one of the most frustrating bosses I've ever faced! It took hours of level grinding and attemts at beating her until I finally did it with Shulk, Rikki and Sharla at level 77. It was especially annoying with the way it takes longer to level up in XBC than in other rpgs I've played.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

JDavies

Getting nostalgic by reading the american posts of anticipation, it truly is an amazing game. I would try the +game or even start a completely new one, but it ate so much time the first round through, it wouldn´t be done to the end. Hope the US´ll enjoy it as much as the europeans and the aussies have. Oh well...

JDavies

Nintendo Network ID: JDavies

PhoenixUltra

I can't wait for US release of Xenoblade, then cheer for the other two games. The last story and Pandora's tower to be released hopefully. How come Xenoblade is not listed for pre-order on Amazon yet?

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

CanisWolfred

nintendofreak4 wrote:

I can't wait for US release of Xenoblade, then cheer for the other two games. The last story and Pandora's tower to be released hopefully. How come Xenoblade is not listed for pre-order on Amazon yet?

Because it's not being sold through Amazon. Only Gamestop and Nintendo's own online store.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

nintendofreak4 wrote:

Because Gamestop is the only retailer aside from Nintendo (and Play Asia for some reason) that can sell it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jamouse

I feel betrayed by this game. So many of my favourite characters betrayed me .

Jamouse

JohnDoe123

Xenoblade looks awsome, but I can't see myself having the time to play it.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

SamuraiShyGuy

EmpireIndustries wrote:

I'm thinking the same thing. I have so many other games to play, and I really need to get a job. I still may end up getting it though.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Grubdog

It's worth it! Xenoblade is good enough to take over your life, I loved every second of it. Life's too short for poor games and job procrastinating.

Edited on by theblackdragon

pietriots.com - where serious gamers have fun with their puppies

Nintendo Network ID: GRUBDOG | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Really really looking forward to this one. I haven't played anything on my Wii since I beat skyward sword over a month ago. I've been trying to stay away from any news of this game so I can experience it the way it should be. Finally a great RPG on the Wii system. Better late then never I guess!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BenAV

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

EmpireIndustries wrote:

I'm thinking the same thing. I have so many other games to play, and I really need to get a job. I still may end up getting it though.

Make the time.
It's definitely worth it!

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

A game like this isn't to bad. Anything with the name Elder Scrolls in it will be a game I don't have time for anymore! I can play a couple of hours and feel like I've done something unlike oblivion where it takes sometimes that long just to explore one cave you happen across.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

czoom

Its coming to USA soon so we will all be able to play it. Heard many good things about it.

czoom

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.