Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,475

AuthorMessage

BenAV

401. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

What do you guys think the chances are for a HD remake for wii u.

Pretty unlikely I'd say.
That'd be pretty awesome though if they took the time to do a really good job with it as the game's graphics are probably the only aspect that isn't near perfect.
The game seems to have received a lot of 9s and 9.5s as far as reviews goes but if it had upgraded graphics I'd expect a lot of those could be 10s.

Still, I'd much prefer a sequel than a remake, preferably using the same characters and such... But I don't see that happening either. :(

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

402. Posted:

90s_Gamer wrote:

This game just entered my top-10 of all-time favorite games EVER. I never played an RPG that was deeper, bigger and more overwhelming than this one. I consider it vastly superior to games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI, and that says a lot I guess... And that soundtrack...that SOUNDTRACK....!!!

Isn't it a bit early to be saying that about a game that will/has take/taken many over 100 hours? You can't have got that far in just two days.

I'm nearing the end of the game now (in the Bionis interior for the 2nd time) and since the end doesn't seem far away, I'll come back here when I've beaten it to give my final judgement but I'll just say that currently its a 9/10 and either 93 or 94% for me.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

JGMR

403. Posted:

Well, after passing the 20 hour mark yesterday (of non-stop gaming) it became absolutely clear that this is not an 'average, mediocre' title... I'm currently at the Satori March @ night.... :o This game was meant to give players a sense of amazement, and it's creators deliver exactly that. The further I go, the more impressed I become about this work of art.

Even when I stopped playing now, it would be regarded by me as the best RPG ever - without a shadow of doubt..

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

404. Posted:

I Hate NOA.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

405. Posted:

I Hate NOA.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

406. Posted:

I beat Xenoblade Chronicles today. Just in time for Zelda.

Took me 170 hours and 55 minutes.
Found 410 sidequests and completed 405 of them.
My characters are Level 99, Dunban is 98, Shulk is the weakest with only LV97.
I found 127/150 achievements.
Completed the item book.
Have almost all talents and skills maxed out.
Unlocked NEWGAME+.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

407. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

I beat Xenoblade Chronicles today. Just in time for Zelda.

Took me 170 hours and 55 minutes.
Found 410 sidequests and completed 405 of them.
My characters are Level 99, Dunban is 98, Shulk is the weakest with only LV97.
I found 127/150 achievements.
Completed the item book.
Have almost all talents and skills maxed out.
Unlocked NEWGAME+.

What did you think of the game overall?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

408. Posted:

Content-wise it is a 10/10. I mean, it was 170 hours to me, and there's still stuff left to do, so, to complete this game it might be 200 hours or more.
And I think the soundtrack is outstanding. So that's another 10 from me. Exploring, scope, characters, world design, and story - that's all another 10.

As for flaws, well, I hoped there were more puzzles like in Zelda, but it's all about battle and fetch quests.
Some sidequest items, enemies and NPCs did take a long time to find (you don't have many indicators in where to find some things in this huge world), and I'm somewhat opposed to missable items and locations that you can never visit again after certain points in the story. Well, I guess it's not meant to be a OCD game - not on your first playthrough anyway.
My biggest issue was that even with your big backpack things get messy in there after quite some time, and the menu controls and item/equipment management was kind of a chore.
The jewel forging, while being fun in the beginning, was another piece of work later on. Again, with better menu controls/interface and features it wouldn't be such a chore (Monster Hunter Tri had many menus and item management as well, but the menus there were a lot more accessible.)
All in all the great things outweigh the not-so-good by far.
Personally I can see myself loading the disc from time to time just for the music - beaming from one place to another to hear my favourite tunes - so if there's one deciding factor that has kept me craving for more and make this a 10 instead of a 9 it's the games soundtrack.

10/10

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

409. Posted:

I will say while this changes my opinion of nothing else, I (barely) understand people from Europe enjoying us not getting this game, as it's good revenge for not getting the excellent Radiant Historia (...but at least that is region-free).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

410. Posted:

I need some help with Lorithia who is the most infuriatingly hard rpg boss I've ever faced. I'm the same level as her (75) and I've tried numerous tactics that I've seen on the internet and I've can still barely take out a quarter of her health. Many people have mentioned using cyclone to take out the ether cloud like enemies or using Melia but those methods didn't work. How did you guys beat her?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

411. Posted:

I finally beat Lorithia yesterday and it was immensely satisfying after all the tries it took and was probably one of the most satisfying moments in a game for me. My party was level 77 when I beat her and I was playing as Shulk and had Rikki and Sharla with me. Although, I'm now stuck on the story quest on Prison island called 'Chasing Dickson' so please could one of you help with that.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

412. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I need some help with Lorithia who is the most infuriatingly hard rpg boss I've ever faced. I'm the same level as her (75) and I've tried numerous tactics that I've seen on the internet and I've can still barely take out a quarter of her health. Many people have mentioned using cyclone to take out the ether cloud like enemies or using Melia but those methods didn't work. How did you guys beat her?

I waltzed up to it and kicked its as in minutes. I was lvl 97 at the time though.

The one i cant beat is a big spider in Tephra cave, but if I go into more detail I will spoil it for you.

Not sure if I have done chasing Dixon yet, as I got to a point where it told me I wouldnt be able to return and decided I needed to go back and clear up all the other quests before proceeding.

Edited on by RetroRich

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

413. Posted:

I've done that quest now. The problem was just that I didn't notice the way to the switch needed to complete the quest but I realized my mistake today.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

414. Posted:

What level should I be before the point of no return which is the transporter on 5F on Prison island? Also, is it true that you can't save after you've gone past the point of no return?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

415. Posted:

I dont know, but to me point of no return means you cant come back and do anything else. So no more leveling, no more quests, no more restoration of colony six, no more work on affinitiy etc. I am gonna get everyone up to level 99 and do all the quests I can before i go up that elevator, and max out all the afinity for all characters.

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

416. Posted:

I was wondering just how good people think this game is. I've been considering picking it up for a long time but it' basically this or Resi Revelations, anyone?

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

417. Posted:

@RetroRich After playing it for so long, I just want to complete it now so I can get on with other games but I may save onto two files before going through the point of no return so that I can do everything else when I get back to it.

@MiracleBlaze Its an RPG I would highly recommend as its got an inventive and complex battle system, an interesting storyline, (even if it takes a while to really get interesting) a good cast of characters, some lovely graphics for the Wii, a fantastic soundtrack and some wonderfully designed areas. I definitely wouldn't give it a 10/10 like some would though but a solid 9/10 because while it is a very good game it has some annoying flaws. For example, this is the first action-rpg I've played where I've had problems with the ally AI and unless you've done almost all or all the optional things (and since there is so much not everyone will want to; I've done some but nowhere near all optional things int the game and I'm very close to the end of it) you'll have to do hours of tedious level grinding towards the end of it. The sidequests also feel quantity over quality to me.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Faron

418. Posted:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

I was wondering just how good people think this game is. I've been considering picking it up for a long time but it' basically this or Resi Revelations, anyone?

Many people, including me, considers Xenoblade as one of the best RPG:s ever. Revelations haven't been released yet so it's impossible to say anything about that yet.

Faron

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

419. Posted:

@Faron Thanks! If I get a few more people saying it's great, I suppose I'll have to pick it up! I know it got an amazing Metacritic score anyway, so I suppose I'll probably have to get it soon. :-)

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

420. Posted:

@MircaleBlaze I've edited my post to give my opinion on it. I hope I haven't discouraged you with the flaws I mentioned as overall it is a great game but I just thought you should be aware of its flaws.

Neilloggery