Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 381 to 400 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

381. Posted:

edhe wrote:

Yeah, for such an acclaimed and anticipated game, I saw next to no advertising from Nintendo.

What the hell were they thinking?

Does NoA actually advertise their games, or do, like Nintendo UK, only care about dancing games and Z-List celebrities.

well other than Excitebots they advertised them. I mean Rhythm Heaven had Beyonce in a commercial.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

382. Posted:

I saw adverts for XBC on numerous websites and also saw adverts for it in some magazines.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

383. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I saw adverts for XBC on numerous websites and also saw adverts for it in some magazines.

oh, well that's surprising. I question how much those ads mattered (Drill Dozer had online ads, and we all know what a huge hit DRILL DOZER was) but at least there was effort.

Unlike NOA, who thinks that "niche" games don't sell just because they thought for some bizarre reason Sin and Punishment 2 was gonna be a big hit.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

edhe

384. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

edhe wrote:

Yeah, for such an acclaimed and anticipated game, I saw next to no advertising from Nintendo.

Does NoA actually advertise their games, or do, like Nintendo UK, only care about dancing games and Z-List celebrities.

well other than Excitebots they advertised them. I mean Rhythm Heaven had Beyonce in a commercial.

I must have phrased that wrong. Instead, I'll simply express my exasperation at how Nintendo (UK) didn't bother to mass market the game. @mariofanatic128, print and websites are fine, but the sort of people who read them were probably already aware of the game. It is hard to say whether TV ads would have really helped to boost sales of the game and awareness of the Wii as a console that's more than just for casuals.

It would have been nice to see an advert for a Wii game on UK TV that isn't a Ubisoft dance/sing game or one of the big two Nintendo games (Mario / Zelda).

@tendoboy1984 God knows, I've tried to protect people from spoilers by asking people to mask them. I assume you've read a spoiler from earlier in the thread, and I'm sorry for you. Unlike Vonseux, I believe North America may still get this game yet. I mean it's not like it has a depiction of a terrorist attack like in Disaster: Day of Crisis (also developed by Monolith).

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

385. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

oh, well that's surprising. I question how much those ads mattered (Drill Dozer had online ads, and we all know what a huge hit DRILL DOZER was) but at least there was effort.

Unlike NOA, who thinks that "niche" games don't sell just because they thought for some bizarre reason Sin and Punishment 2 was gonna be a big hit.

Wut?

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

386. Posted:

I'd take S&P2 over Xenoblade any day if Xenoblade was out in NA.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

387. Posted:

edhe wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

edhe wrote:

I must have phrased that wrong. Instead, I'll simply express my exasperation at how Nintendo (UK) didn't bother to mass market the game. @mariofanatic128, print and websites are fine, but the sort of people who read them were probably already aware of the game. It is hard to say whether TV ads would have really helped to boost sales of the game and awareness of the Wii as a console that's more than just for casuals.

It would have been nice to see an advert for a Wii game on UK TV that isn't a Ubisoft dance/sing game or one of the big two Nintendo games (Mario / Zelda).

I'm not sure if this was NoE's doing or not but when it first came out there was a stand in GAME that just had copies of XBC.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

388. Posted:

Just went on VGChartz. The sale figures are at 98,124 copies sold. at this rate it should sell 100,000 copies with ease by next week.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

389. Posted:

I'm having trouble getting the snow elements I need for the colony 6 reconstruction and I know you can get them from snow nebulae in Valak mountain but I can't find them. Could anyone help with this?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Reala

390. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I'm having trouble getting the snow elements I need for the colony 6 reconstruction and I know you can get them from snow nebulae in Valak mountain but I can't find them. Could anyone help with this?

Possible Spoiler
pretty sure snow element comes from reef neubula, north of that tower you camp at.

Reala

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

391. Posted:

Reala wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Possible Spoiler
pretty sure snow element comes from reef neubula, north of that tower you camp at.

Thanks, I'll try them then.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

392. Posted:

It was so frustrating today! I made a few attempts at the boss fight against Yaldabaoth/Egil in Mechonis core and the one attempt where it seemed like I had a good chance of winning, my bloody Wii decided to reset itself. :(

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

393. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

It was so frustrating today! I made a few attempts at the boss fight against Yaldabaoth/Egil in Mechonis core and the one attempt where it seemed like I had a good chance of winning, my bloody Wii decided to reset itself. :(

I encountered the same glitch in "Bionis Inside". A sudden reset. Never saw such a weird bug in a Wii game.
I had to replay that lost hour and now I save more often.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

JGMR

394. Posted:

So, I finally unboxed my 'Classic Edition' today (The red controller will not be used because it's a collectors item). I'm incredibly impressed so far especially by it's soundtrack. However I've run into trouble with the first Mechon encounter in Colony 9; my attacks do only 1 point of damage... :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Linkstrikesback

395. Posted:

90s_Gamer wrote:

So, I finally unboxed my 'Classic Edition' today (The red controller will not be used because it's a collectors item). I'm incredibly impressed so far especially by it's soundtrack. However I've run into trouble with the first Mechon encounter in Colony 9; my attacks do only 1 point of damage... :p

Use an attack with Shulk that inflicts break (Stream edge for example) then wait for Reyn to use Wild Down to topple the enemy, then you can do actual damage to them. (Or vice versa)

Faling that, run.

Linkstrikesback

AuthorMessage

BenAV

396. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I encountered the same glitch in "Bionis Inside". A sudden reset. Never saw such a weird bug in a Wii game.
I had to replay that lost hour and now I save more often.

This happened to me too when I first reached Makna Forest.
If I recall I lost a couple of hours of gameplay so that kind of sucked.
After that point I made sure to save pretty frequently in case it happened again but that's the only time it's happened to me in over 100 hours.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

JGMR

397. Posted:

Linkstrikesback wrote:

90s_Gamer wrote:

Use an attack with Shulk that inflicts break (Stream edge for example) then wait for Reyn to use Wild Down to topple the enemy, then you can do actual damage to them. (Or vice versa)

Faling that, run.

Thanks. Seems that a little bit of patience helps at times. :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

398. Posted:

This game just entered my top-10 of all-time favorite games EVER. I never played an RPG that was deeper, bigger and more overwhelming than this one. I consider it vastly superior to games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI, and that says a lot I guess... And that soundtrack...that SOUNDTRACK....!!!

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

BenAV

399. Posted:

90s_Gamer wrote:

This game just entered my top-10 of all-time favorite games EVER. I never played an RPG that was deeper, bigger and more overwhelming than this one. I consider it vastly superior to games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI, and that says a lot I guess... And that soundtrack...that SOUNDTRACK....!!!

I totally agree with everything you just said.
Easily my favourite RPG that I've ever played and right up there with my all time favourite games, right with the best of Mario and Zelda.
The soundtrack is amazing.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

400. Posted:

What do you guys think the chances are for a HD remake for wii u.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70