Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 341 to 360 of 1,491

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

341. Posted:

I'll just say that you're the only person I've met who isn't impressed with this game, out of my real-life friends and the 5 forums I frequent. Take that for what you will.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

342. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I'll just say that you're the only person I've met who isn't impressed with this game, out of my real-life friends and the 5 forums I frequent. Take that for what you will.

Impressed? Yes. Greatest thing since sliced bread? No.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Cia

343. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

the story that makes it great.

"Evil robbot killed my girlfriend - destroy them all with my magic sword"

*Am I the only to think the story here is the most simplistic and maniqueist? Really! Arc Rise Fantasia has better story than fighting an evil robot called Metal Face

You should play the game through before commenting the story. You could make absolutely any story sound bad by saying it like you did. Xenoblade's world is made of two great titans. Isn't that original? The story is rarely cheesy and well executed. The execution of any story is more important than the story itself. That's why most Zelda games have such an epic feel to them- not because their stories are original, but because they are so well made.

Also, chasing metal face is just part of the story. The real central theme is solving the mystery of Bionis and Mechonis.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

AuthorMessage

edhe

344. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX magic sword"

*Am I the only to think the story here is the most simplistic and maniqueist? Really! Arc Rise Fantasia has better story than fighting an evil robot called Metal Face

Jeez! This is the second time I've had to ask someone to please remove that spoiler.

@Faron , you too please (in your quote of Vonseux). For the sake of the American gamers who may yet play this game.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

345. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX magic sword"

I don't think you should judge the games story so early on. Some rpgs have stories which start out okay but get a lot better as the game goes along so I don't think you should jump to conclusions on the story of an rpg so quickly, especially when its a really long one like this one. A prime example of this to me would be Tales of Symphonia (my favourite game of all time) as the story of that game starts out just decent but gets significantly better later on and just keeps getting better and becomes a game with a fantastic storyline. Although, while I have seen others who enjoyed that games story as much as I did, I have seen a few people who didn't like it but not many.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

edhe

346. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

vonseux wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX magic sword"

I don't think you should judge the games story so early on. Some rpgs have stories which start out okay but get a lot better as the game goes along so I don't think you should jump to conclusions on the story of an rpg so quickly, especially when its a really long one like this one. A prime example of this to me would be Tales of Symphonia (my favourite game of all time) as the story of that game starts out just decent but gets significantly better later on and just keeps getting better and becomes a game with a fantastic storyline. Although, while I have seen others who enjoyed that games story as much as I did, I have seen a few people who didn't like it but not many.

Darn tooting! Xenoblade has a pretty interesting story. But I don't want to dwell on it, because I sincerely don't want to spoil a thing for anyone who happens on this thread, looking for general thought on the game.

Thanks for masking the spoiler in your reply, @mariofanatic128 .

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

347. Posted:

The story is good.

Stating that "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX magic sword" shows that you have only scratched the surface of the game (or, if you have played more than 10 hours, you didn't understand what you played). That's just the sparkle that starts the fire, a platform to launch the adventure. Very soon the characters start to question that very intention and the plot takes a totally different turn.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

Henmii

348. Posted:

I think it's time for me to chime in: The game is really impressive! It's very hard to get into with the fighting system and all (that's why I am not such a big rpg fan, with the exception of the Mario and Luigi and the Paper Mario series. + I do like real-time battles more. Like the way it is in the Zelda games, for example), but stick with it and it pulls you in! I have already played it for more then 30 hours and I feel like I have just seen a small portion of the game. The world is gigantic, with almost no loading times, no invisible walls. If you see something you can get there, so it has massive freedom. And your Wii doesn't rattle either, it all goes silky smooth. The battles are fun, but the best part is the exploration. Graphics are around the Twilight princess/Monster hunter 3 level, wich seems to be the maximum for realistic graphics on the Wii. Voice-acting is good. And so is the music! I also like that the enemies only attack when you choose to attack them (with the exception of some enemies). But at the same time: What did those creatures do wrong? The Mechon are the true enemies, not the monsters!

And there is a gigantic village with many people you can talk to and help out. All with their own problems. All with their own day rhythms (think of Majora's mask. It also has a day/night system). It's great fun!

This will keep me going for a long time!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

349. Posted:

I heard that some people here in America actually got a copy of Monado,because somehow a handful accidentally got shipped out to a few stores :o
All I have to say is I'm happy for those of you who were fortunate enough to get a copy ;)

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com
48,900+ Posts
477 Reviews
4,320+ News Articles
400+ Exclusive Articles And Features
310 Members
805+ Twitter Followers!
771 Facebook Likes!
http://www.wiiwarewave.com/t4221-power-on-podcast-001-interview-with-yacht-club-games

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

350. Posted:

My wii has returned so I was able to get back to this epic game today!

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Henmii

351. Posted:

"I heard that some people here in America actually got a copy of Monado,because somehow a handful accidentally got shipped out to a few stores :o
All I have to say is I'm happy for those of you who were fortunate enough to get a copy ;)"

I didn't hear this, but if this is true I am also happy for them!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

352. Posted:

Rukiafan wrote:

I heard that some people here in America actually got a copy of Monado,because somehow a handful accidentally got shipped out to a few stores :o
All I have to say is I'm happy for those of you who were fortunate enough to get a copy ;)

Even if they did, it wouldn't matter because it's region-coded

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

353. Posted:

I need some help finding Basin cave in Satorl marsh to get the last radiant needed for the High Entia ritual that you have to do to get into the Bionis interior. Some guides say to go west from the Sororal statues, follow the river until you get to a short slope, go up that and then cross a bridge but I didn't find those guides helpful and ended up getting into an area with enemies that were above level 80 as well as other areas that didn't lead to Basin cave so please could someone help me?

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

BenAV

354. Posted:

I'd love to help but off the top of my head I really can't remember that. D:
If you can't find help then just keep searching around and you're bound to find it eventually.
At least you might go up a level or two on the way. :P

Sorry that I couldn't be of any help!

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Burny

355. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I need some help finding Basin cave in Satorl marsh to get the last radiant needed for the High Entia ritual that you have to do to get into the Bionis interior. Some guides say to go west from the Sororal statues, follow the river until you get to a short slope, go up that and then cross a bridge but I didn't find those guides helpful and ended up getting into an area with enemies that were above level 80 as well as other areas that didn't lead to Basin cave so please could someone help me?

Look at this map. What you're looking for is probably that snaky river to the west of the statues (X: 1100-1200, Y: 800-900).

I must say the game simply rocks. It somehow manages to be grand in scale and still relatively down to earth at the same time. And by "down to earth" I don't mean the story is just "Evil robbot killed my girlfriend - destroy them all with my magic sword". It expands a lot beyond that - although depending on play style that might take some 30-40 hours - but manages to remain a grand adventure (so far) rather than becoming an over-engineered wannabe melodrama. Environments are among the best I've seen in any videogame. It's not so much the size, but rather the design and diversity. It's so much more than rolling hills or plains delimited by 3-4m high rock banks. Turning the fossilized bodies of two titans into the game's world was a brilliant idea. :) The real downside to the sheer size of each area is that traversing them at first actually takes a lot of time - until you've discovered enough landmarks to warp around conveniently.

My party is around lvl 68 at the moment. I've gone back to do a lot of sidequests. So far, the reward has been two additional Monado techniques that aren't related to the story. Already spent more than 80 hours and I've got the feeling that it's going to take 100+ if I keep actually doing those sidequests.

Edited on by Burny

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

356. Posted:

@Burny Thanks, I never noticed that river.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

BenAV

357. Posted:

@Burny Now you made me want to play again, right now... But I can't because I'm going to head off to the Nintendo Connection Tour soon.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Reala

358. Posted:

Just to let you know there's a xenoblade survey via email from club Nintendo to earn 50 stars, also this game might just replace Little Kings Story as my fav wii game.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

359. Posted:

So this might be relevent news

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site&cat=71&y...

admittedly, I don't exactly completely agree but this still amuses me.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

360. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

So this might be relevent news

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site&cat=71&y...

admittedly, I don't exactly completely agree but this still amuses me.

Its fantastic to see XBC that high but I wish ToS was higher on that page and that TWEWY was even on that page.

Neilloggery