Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,499

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,441. Posted:

I believe I've figured out the problem. This video shows how to get through the boss with the exact same setup I have except the armor (and I'm a level higher). But notice that Xord never used a massive future sight attack that required warning party members. How do I get that to happen for me? Because that's the problem I keep having is that Xord kills the other two with the first two minutes, and I can't warn them without using up the gauge. If I can get him to not use those future sight attacks, I'd be able to get through.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,442. Posted:

FINALLY! I did it at last! Now I can finally move on with this game! :D

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowFox254

1,443. Posted:

I really need to finish my 2nd run of the game. Aiming for 100%.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,444. Posted:

Wow, just wow. I'm in the Satori Marsh, and, just, wow. I actually stopped several times and stood awestruck at the beauty of the landscape and accompanying music when it turned to night. Absolutely breathtaking.

I finally understand why this game is considered a masterpiece, and I still am not even halfway through it. Back before I defeated Xord in the mines I kept holding off playing this because it didn't seem fun anymore. Now I'm excited to continue the adventure! :D

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xyphon22

1,445. Posted:

I really need to get back into this. I'm on about my third or fourth time that I've stopped playing for a couple of months simply because it's such a big game (and I am completely stuck not being able to beat the enemies I am currently at, which is just a little farther than where you are at @WingedSnagret, so if you beat them first you'll have to let me know). The problem is always remembering what I'm doing and how to play when I jump back in.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,446. Posted:

The Manka Forest, which is the farthest I'm at now, is my new favorite place. Gorgeous. I also found it funny that I gained a level just by going up Frontier Village, though after facing and defeating the Telethia (the adult one) I'm glad it happened.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowFox254

1,447. Posted:

@WingedSnagret: Yeah, Manka Forest is awesome; one of the best place to explore (waterfalls, lakes, the landscape is amazing) and the music (especially at night is fantastic). How I wish I had amnesia, so I can re-experience the game. :)

Edited on by ShadowFox254

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,448. Posted:

@ShadowFox254 I'm at, idk whatever Melia's home/palace thing is called. I've played for so long that I have a headache... Which is a good thing overall, but I'm in desperate need of some Ibuprofen.

Anyway, the point is that every time I think a location is the best in the game, the next tops it. The most amazing thing is this is all on the Wii. Just imagine what amazing feats X is gonna pull off in glorious HD!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ejamer

1,449. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

@ShadowFox254 I'm at, idk whatever Melia's home/palace thing is called. I've played for so long that I have a headache... Which is a good thing overall, but I'm in desperate need of some Ibuprofen.

Anyway, the point is that every time I think a location is the best in the game, the next tops it. The most amazing thing is this is all on the Wii. Just imagine what amazing feats X is gonna pull off in glorious HD!

Wow, you are making progress fast! Totally agree with you though: every time you think you've seen the best the game has to offer, it ups the ante shortly after. Xenoblade is a fantastic game. Hope you continue enjoying it - there is a long way left to go. :)

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xyphon22

1,450. Posted:

Alright, I need some serious help here. I just started playing for the first time in probably a couple of months because I was stuck not being able to beat some enemies. MINOR PLOT SPOILERS (Sorry, I don't know how to do that spoiler thing). I'm at the High Entia City after I had to go save the lighthouse keeper, and they sent the Entia assassins to kill all of us. I can't do a thing against them, they outnumber us 5 to 3, and after taking so much time off I also don't know what I'm doing really. So I decided I would do I was trying to avoid doing: go out and ignore the storyline and just do some quests to level up (even though all of my party and the enemies are about the same level 35). When I tried to leave, I cannot get out of the Eryth Sea. I can't find anyplace to go to leave. So I'm stuck not being able to go do any quests and I can't come close to beating the enemies I need to beat to advance the story. Can anyone help me with either or both of these problems? Thanks.

Edit: I saw someone on GameFAQs said the secret to this fight is to NOT use Shulk because the Monado is basically useless against them. I really don't want to do this because when I play RPGs, I like to feel like I am the main character because it gets me into the story more, so I don't want to play as someone other than Shulk. Has anyone had success while still using Shulk? Maybe if I equip a different weapon for this fight?

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

1,451. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

I don't want to play as someone other than Shulk.

this is a terrible idea considering the length of the game

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,452. Posted:

So I just finished the Prison Island section. How far am I in the main game (as in not counting side quests and such)? Halfway? At least a third?

I'm also at level 43. Is that good progress? Still need to figure out how to expand on upgrading arts and how to make better armor...

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xyphon22

1,453. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

So I just finished the Prison Island section. How far am I in the main game (as in not counting side quests and such)? Halfway? At least a third?

I'm also at level 43. Is that good progress? Still need to figure out how to expand on upgrading arts and how to make better armor...

So now that you are farther than me, how did you beat those guys? Was it as simple as not using Shulk, or did you do something else?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,454. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

So I just finished the Prison Island section. How far am I in the main game (as in not counting side quests and such)? Halfway? At least a third?

I'm also at level 43. Is that good progress? Still need to figure out how to expand on upgrading arts and how to make better armor...

So now that you are farther than me, how did you beat those guys? Was it as simple as not using Shulk, or did you do something else?

Actually, I did use Shulk. Maybe I was just higher leveled then normal (I spend a lot of time fighting monsters for XP), but during the majority of the fight the assassinations kept missing. If I remember correctly I focused on keeping the team healed, and had Shulk use his regular attacks to build up chain attacks to do the Break/Topple combo.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xyphon22

1,455. Posted:

How do you keep your team healed? It always just seems random when Sharla finally decides to heal us, and she's usually dead before she can get it done.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,456. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

How do you keep your team healed? It always just seems random when Sharla finally decides to heal us, and she's usually dead before she can get it done.

I max out the levels on her healing arts (to heal more per turn plus faster refresh rate), the same for Shulk's Light Heal. When her health gets low I use Light Heal to keep her alive unless Shulk himself is barely hanging on.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HappyHappyist

1,457. Posted:

i've noticed that just about everyone anywhere is just about praising this game for everything thats in it. everywhere on youtube, everywhere on NLife, game has glowing reviews, EVERYWHERE, etc. i knew absolutely nothing about the game before i bought it because i avoided the reviews and didn't let anyone spoil the game for me because i might play it. and i bought it yesterday at gamestop ($90 used WTF). and i... honestly, is it THAT good? combat is okay, i can't complain about it, but the script is atrocious, and the voice acting is not that good. i've made some progress in the game, not too much, but those two things bugged me right off the bat. but i must ask, is the game that good? no spoilers please, if its required to spoil the game to explain, just say something like, "keep playing and you'll see."

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

1,458. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

combat is okay, i can't complain about it, but the script is atrocious, and the voice acting is not that good. i've made some progress in the game, not too much, but those two things bugged me right off the bat. but i must ask, is the game that good? no spoilers please, if its required to spoil the game to explain, just say something like, "keep playing and you'll see."

you're wrong and should feel bad: voice acting. And it has the japanese voice acting available anyway.

the script is not atrocious and I can't even say this as a joke, you are just wrong. I've seen muuuuuuuuch worse quite easily in gaming. Occasionally they'll be a moment that's a little too cliched and cheesey but otherwise its fine.

Combat gets better the more you get into it I feel.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HappyHappyist

1,459. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

combat is okay, i can't complain about it, but the script is atrocious, and the voice acting is not that good. i've made some progress in the game, not too much, but those two things bugged me right off the bat. but i must ask, is the game that good? no spoilers please, if its required to spoil the game to explain, just say something like, "keep playing and you'll see."

you're wrong and should feel bad: voice acting. And it has the japanese voice acting available anyway.

the script is not atrocious and I can't even say this as a joke, you are just wrong. I've seen muuuuuuuuch worse quite easily in gaming. Occasionally they'll be a moment that's a little too cliched and cheesey but otherwise its fine.

Combat gets better the more you get into it I feel.

are you listening to the same dubbing i'm listening to? because i don't think you are. the dubbing is pretty awful, at least from what i've seen. and i've seen script and voice acting in modern games muuuuuuuuuch better than this. i mean, its not as bad as say Mario Sunshine, but its nowhere near as good as what i've heard from several other modern games.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SomeBitTripFan

1,460. Posted:

The voice acting is rather "love it/hate it" from my understanding. If you can't bear it, switch to Japanese. Keep in mind, this game didn't have an endless pool of cash to use, so don't expect AAA. The game itself is fantastic, my personal favorite, but you can't expect perfection.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan