Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,472

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,441. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Now to explain my outburst. So I've stopped playing this for at least a few months, but now decided to get back into it. I immediately remembered why I quit the first time.

I'm at the boss battle with Xord in the Ether Mines, and no matter how many times I try I keep losing! I even know what to do: fill up the Party Gauge and Chain Attack the usual Break/Topple bit. My team is even at level 26 and I use Enchant at the start. But for some reason nothing I do works. Even if I manage to correctly get those gauge boosting events (where you press B at the right moment), Xord keeps spamming those hard-hitting moves and ends up killing my other two members before I can get the freaking gauge filled.

And I've watched a YouTube video where somebody with the exact same strategy and movesets I have win the battle (at a level lower then me no less) within five minutes. Do I need better armor/crystals? What am I doing wrong?!

I'm STILL stuck here!!! I'm legitimately trying so hard to continue this game, I really am, but this is just unbearably frustrating!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

1,442. Posted:

Equip more strength up gems, and less of every other gem. That way you can get him out during the first topple. It is worth it to beat Xord though, the following cutscene is one of my favorites. :)

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,443. Posted:

I believe I've figured out the problem. This video shows how to get through the boss with the exact same setup I have except the armor (and I'm a level higher). But notice that Xord never used a massive future sight attack that required warning party members. How do I get that to happen for me? Because that's the problem I keep having is that Xord kills the other two with the first two minutes, and I can't warn them without using up the gauge. If I can get him to not use those future sight attacks, I'd be able to get through.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

1,444. Posted:

All enemies' attacks are determined by their AI, usually through a RNG, except for the situation where they have a preset attack that triggers after a certain amount of time/health is gone. There's not any real way to manipulate their AI excluding the aggro system.

You could also fill up your party gauge outside of the battle by fighting more low leveled dudes, then use it to topple him, then immediately start filling it up again.

Edited on by Maskeraid

My Maskloggery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,445. Posted:

FINALLY! I did it at last! Now I can finally move on with this game! :D

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

1,446. Posted:

I knew you could do it man! Have fun with the rest of Xenoblade! :)

My Maskloggery

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

1,447. Posted:

I really need to finish my 2nd run of the game. Aiming for 100%.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,448. Posted:

Wow, just wow. I'm in the Satori Marsh, and, just, wow. I actually stopped several times and stood awestruck at the beauty of the landscape and accompanying music when it turned to night. Absolutely breathtaking.

I finally understand why this game is considered a masterpiece, and I still am not even halfway through it. Back before I defeated Xord in the mines I kept holding off playing this because it didn't seem fun anymore. Now I'm excited to continue the adventure! :D

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,449. Posted:

I really need to get back into this. I'm on about my third or fourth time that I've stopped playing for a couple of months simply because it's such a big game (and I am completely stuck not being able to beat the enemies I am currently at, which is just a little farther than where you are at @WingedSnagret, so if you beat them first you'll have to let me know). The problem is always remembering what I'm doing and how to play when I jump back in.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,450. Posted:

The Manka Forest, which is the farthest I'm at now, is my new favorite place. Gorgeous. I also found it funny that I gained a level just by going up Frontier Village, though after facing and defeating the Telethia (the adult one) I'm glad it happened.

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

1,451. Posted:

@WingedSnagret: Yeah, Manka Forest is awesome; one of the best place to explore (waterfalls, lakes, the landscape is amazing) and the music (especially at night is fantastic). How I wish I had amnesia, so I can re-experience the game. :)

Edited on by ShadowFox254

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,452. Posted:

@ShadowFox254 I'm at, idk whatever Melia's home/palace thing is called. I've played for so long that I have a headache... Which is a good thing overall, but I'm in desperate need of some Ibuprofen.

Anyway, the point is that every time I think a location is the best in the game, the next tops it. The most amazing thing is this is all on the Wii. Just imagine what amazing feats X is gonna pull off in glorious HD!

AuthorMessage

ejamer

1,453. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

@ShadowFox254 I'm at, idk whatever Melia's home/palace thing is called. I've played for so long that I have a headache... Which is a good thing overall, but I'm in desperate need of some Ibuprofen.

Anyway, the point is that every time I think a location is the best in the game, the next tops it. The most amazing thing is this is all on the Wii. Just imagine what amazing feats X is gonna pull off in glorious HD!

Wow, you are making progress fast! Totally agree with you though: every time you think you've seen the best the game has to offer, it ups the ante shortly after. Xenoblade is a fantastic game. Hope you continue enjoying it - there is a long way left to go. :)

ejamer

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,454. Posted:

Alright, I need some serious help here. I just started playing for the first time in probably a couple of months because I was stuck not being able to beat some enemies. MINOR PLOT SPOILERS (Sorry, I don't know how to do that spoiler thing). I'm at the High Entia City after I had to go save the lighthouse keeper, and they sent the Entia assassins to kill all of us. I can't do a thing against them, they outnumber us 5 to 3, and after taking so much time off I also don't know what I'm doing really. So I decided I would do I was trying to avoid doing: go out and ignore the storyline and just do some quests to level up (even though all of my party and the enemies are about the same level 35). When I tried to leave, I cannot get out of the Eryth Sea. I can't find anyplace to go to leave. So I'm stuck not being able to go do any quests and I can't come close to beating the enemies I need to beat to advance the story. Can anyone help me with either or both of these problems? Thanks.

Edit: I saw someone on GameFAQs said the secret to this fight is to NOT use Shulk because the Monado is basically useless against them. I really don't want to do this because when I play RPGs, I like to feel like I am the main character because it gets me into the story more, so I don't want to play as someone other than Shulk. Has anyone had success while still using Shulk? Maybe if I equip a different weapon for this fight?

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,455. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

I don't want to play as someone other than Shulk.

this is a terrible idea considering the length of the game

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,456. Posted:

So I just finished the Prison Island section. How far am I in the main game (as in not counting side quests and such)? Halfway? At least a third?

I'm also at level 43. Is that good progress? Still need to figure out how to expand on upgrading arts and how to make better armor...

Edited on by WingedSnagret

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,457. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

So I just finished the Prison Island section. How far am I in the main game (as in not counting side quests and such)? Halfway? At least a third?

I'm also at level 43. Is that good progress? Still need to figure out how to expand on upgrading arts and how to make better armor...

So now that you are farther than me, how did you beat those guys? Was it as simple as not using Shulk, or did you do something else?

Xyphon22

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,458. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

So now that you are farther than me, how did you beat those guys? Was it as simple as not using Shulk, or did you do something else?

Actually, I did use Shulk. Maybe I was just higher leveled then normal (I spend a lot of time fighting monsters for XP), but during the majority of the fight the assassinations kept missing. If I remember correctly I focused on keeping the team healed, and had Shulk use his regular attacks to build up chain attacks to do the Break/Topple combo.

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,459. Posted:

How do you keep your team healed? It always just seems random when Sharla finally decides to heal us, and she's usually dead before she can get it done.

Xyphon22

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,460. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

How do you keep your team healed? It always just seems random when Sharla finally decides to heal us, and she's usually dead before she can get it done.

I max out the levels on her healing arts (to heal more per turn plus faster refresh rate), the same for Shulk's Light Heal. When her health gets low I use Light Heal to keep her alive unless Shulk himself is barely hanging on.