Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,421. Posted:

This will make some people happy,..and potentially a few people angry.

http://www.destructoid.com/gamestop-to-sell-xenoblade-metroid...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

yojo

1,422. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Oh if only NL did not have the profanity language block...
Anywho, I probably will be picking up a copy of Xenoblade just to have a NA version, plus maybe the eBay prices will go down that day (hopefully)!
EDIT: Just in case you are wondering, the average eBay price has dropped a little to around 60-70 bucks.

Edited on by yojo

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

AuthorMessage

triforcepower73

1,423. Posted:

I did it. I DID IT!!! I FOUND A SIRIUS ANEMONE!!!!! AFTER 3 WEEKS OF SEARCHING FOR IT I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :,) I'm so happy.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"

3DS Friend Code: 1246-9651-1758 | Nintendo Network ID: bryceybryce

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,424. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Whether you played $40 or $100 you cannot complain about the price you paid for all the hours of entertainment and joy this game brought to your life.

triforcepower73 wrote:

I did it. I DID IT!!! I FOUND A SIRIUS ANEMONE!!!!! AFTER 3 WEEKS OF SEARCHING FOR IT I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :,) I'm so happy.

I applaud you, after a day of not finding one item I would have just looked it up online.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Epona14

1,425. Posted:

Um...is there a list of all surprise quests in Xenoblade Chronicles? :)

I live next door to the NL member Rukiafan :)
Also a member of http://www.wiiwarewave.com/

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

1,426. Posted:

@Epona14: Here you go. http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Surprise_Quests

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Gso

1,427. Posted:

OMG OMG!

Oh wait there's no Gamestop in my country...

Forever alone :(

Gso

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,428. Posted:

SORT OF SPOILERS BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE IT WON'T MAKE SENSE TO AMERICAN/EUROPEAN PLAYERS WHO HAVEN'T MADE IT UP TO THIS POINT

Did I ever mention how much I love hanging around the Black Wreckage? I don't know why, perhaps it's just the symbolism that keeps me there. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Discostew

1,429. Posted:

I've considered getting Xenoblade Chronicles today from Gamestop for $40 (Black Friday), but I can't help but think that some time down the road, it may do a MH3 -> MH3U move from Wii to Wii U, in that it will at the very least be rendered at 1080p with Gamepad/Pro controller support.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,430. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

I've considered getting Xenoblade Chronicles today from Gamestop for $40 (Black Friday), but I can't help but think that some time down the road, it may do a MH3 -> MH3U move from Wii to Wii U, in that it will at the very least be rendered at 1080p with Gamepad/Pro controller support.

and if that doesn't happen, hope it isn't 100+ bucks online

AuthorMessage

Discostew

1,431. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Discostew wrote:

and if that doesn't happen, hope it isn't 100+ bucks online

I wonder how much Gamestop would give me if I bought it today for $40 and sold it another day when the price goes back up to $70....

I guess I should ask this...

Being a fan of the earlier Final Fantasy games and other Square RPGs games prior to the Playstation era, would you think I'd like this game?

AuthorMessage

Discostew

1,432. Posted:

Well, ended up getting it, though I was surprised by the response of the employees handling the transaction. Normal responses were given, like "I can't believe we're selling it for that much", as it was a BF deal of $40 vs $70. I asked if I could check the disc and such, he said sure, and as I was checking it and he was ringing it up, I thought I heard him say (with regard to the condition), "They pretty much took the wrapping off, so it's like new"....I kid you not. I wish I had my phone out and was recording the conversation. I wouldn't call it an admittance, but the suspicion rolling around of them having received a new stock of reprints, opening them up, and slapping "Pre-owned" on them so they could sell for $70+ doesn't seem as far-fetched anymore.

Anyways, the disc looked superb with the exception of a thumbprint along the edges, and all the booklets/manuals were included. There was even a CN card in it with a code. I asked about whether the code had been used, and he said "I don't think so." I don't want to register it yet unless I can hold off on completing the survey until after next July, as that's when the new CN cycle begins.

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

1,433. Posted:

@Discostew Congratulations on a great buy. I have little doubt that you won't enjoy the game, though with Gamstop, you do have a period of seven days to take it back if you don't. And no, it doesn't really sound far fetched when you say that. I've got nothing against Gamestop myself, but I sometimes have a slight feeling they are trying to nickle and dime you at every turn. Course, I've been in a few, so it's not every one, but still...

Anyways, I look forward to hearing what you may think. :)

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,434. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

Being a fan of the earlier Final Fantasy games and other Square RPGs games prior to the Playstation era, would you think I'd like this game?

In terms of the fact that you like good JRPGs, sure, but this game is very much a game that's doing its own thing and is only story-wise even comparable to old school FF or the like (mainly because every other JRPG owes their storytelling to FFIV and beyond practically). It's very much a game trying to keep the spirit of JRPGs but doing something good and new and different with it, mainly by taking ideas from non-JRPG RPGs and FFXII and seeing how well they can use that while still ultimately making a JRPG that people would immediately qualify as a JRPG.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,435. Posted:

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Now to explain my outburst. So I've stopped playing this for at least a few months, but now decided to get back into it. I immediately remembered why I quit the first time.

I'm at the boss battle with Xord in the Ether Mines, and no matter how many times I try I keep losing! I even know what to do: fill up the Party Gauge and Chain Attack the usual Break/Topple bit. My team is even at level 26 and I use Enchant at the start. But for some reason nothing I do works. Even if I manage to correctly get those gauge boosting events (where you press B at the right moment), Xord keeps spamming those hard-hitting moves and ends up killing my other two members before I can get the freaking gauge filled.

And I've watched a YouTube video where somebody with the exact same strategy and movesets I have win the battle (at a level lower then me no less) within five minutes. Do I need better armor/crystals? What am I doing wrong?!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

1,436. Posted:

It's been exactly 2 years since the announcement of localization in North America for Xenoblade. What a reason to celebrate!

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

1,437. Posted:

@WingedSnagret : It's a hard fight. I recommend playing as Sharla for this, and only this, fight. Spam Thunder Bullet on Xord, it will actually do damage. Other than that, heal everyone. Have you been upgrading everyone's attacks?

Edit: Oh! Try fighting other enemies in the Ether Mine and run into battle with a full Party Gauge from those fights. That will seriously help.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,438. Posted:

@Wings I'd say keep doing what you're doing, it's how I did it. Make sure you kill his goons though, and you kinda have to give Xord everything when he's down. If you can't beat the fish boss at the top though, you won't beat Xord. I'd suggest going back and seeing if you can wreck him. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

ejamer

1,439. Posted:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

@WingedSnagret : It's a hard fight. I recommend playing as Sharla for this, and only this, fight. Spam Thunder Bullet on Xord, it will actually do damage. Other than that, heal everyone. Have you been upgrading everyone's attacks?

Edit: Oh! Try fighting other enemies in the Ether Mine and run into battle with a full Party Gauge from those fights. That will seriously help.

The first time I played, I hadn't been upgrading attacks for my party members and found Xord to be extremely difficult. As soon as everyone was upgraded, he dropped like a fly. Not sure if that's your problem, but it's a really good suggestion.

Playing as Sharla is probably also a good idea since you can control healing instead of relying on AI.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,440. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Now to explain my outburst. So I've stopped playing this for at least a few months, but now decided to get back into it. I immediately remembered why I quit the first time.

I'm at the boss battle with Xord in the Ether Mines, and no matter how many times I try I keep losing! I even know what to do: fill up the Party Gauge and Chain Attack the usual Break/Topple bit. My team is even at level 26 and I use Enchant at the start. But for some reason nothing I do works. Even if I manage to correctly get those gauge boosting events (where you press B at the right moment), Xord keeps spamming those hard-hitting moves and ends up killing my other two members before I can get the freaking gauge filled.

And I've watched a YouTube video where somebody with the exact same strategy and movesets I have win the battle (at a level lower then me no less) within five minutes. Do I need better armor/crystals? What am I doing wrong?!

I'm STILL stuck here!!! I'm legitimately trying so hard to continue this game, I really am, but this is just unbearably frustrating!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64