Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,491

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,361. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Is it just me, or does the Bionis center (the giant drilling, turning metal rod) look like its at the crotch of the thing?

Anyway, the battle music is practically stuck in my brain now...

I presume you mean the ether mines? And which battle music, one of the boss ones? :3

Ether mines, that's what it was. Couldn't quite remember the name. Anyway, just the regular boss music, since that's the music I hear 90% of the time.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,362. Posted:

@OldMan-Tech & @WingedFish: That is awesome you guys were able to work out a reasonable price for the game. I admit I am to selfish and would want top dollar for either a copy of my disc only (thanks @theblackdragon) or sealed copy. I don't plan on parting with either though.

Anyway, I left off a couple months ago at the Fallen Arm so I am really looking forward to picking it up again and getting back at it and completing it while the wife and kid are visiting her family for a couple weeks. Hopefully I wont have any issues since it has been a little while. lol

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

yojo

1,363. Posted:

(Spoiler Alert)
Having trouble with the part where the high entia try to assassinate you. I can never do more than 1 damage to them, but Reyn sometimes can hurt them. How do you kill them?

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

AuthorMessage

yojo

1,364. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

Where can I still get this at an affordable price?!

I don't know about "affordable", but cheap comparative to the regular price, I found mine for 52 pounds (which was about 80 bucks with shipping). Its just about checking ebay every day, and eventually getting it for about 30 bucks cheaper. If you hack your wii to play games from all regions (which is easy and only requires a computer and a SD card) you can just get one from Europe and its the exact same game.

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

1,365. Posted:

yojo wrote:

(Spoiler Alert)
Having trouble with the part where the high entia try to assassinate you. I can never do more than 1 damage to them, but Reyn sometimes can hurt them. How do you kill them?

Oh that portion took me forever. I think what I ended up doing is using Riki Reyn and Sharla, but I'm not positive. It took me quite a few tries.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,366. Posted:

Kagamine wrote:

yojo wrote:

(Spoiler Alert)

Oh that portion took me forever. I think what I ended up doing is using Riki Reyn and Sharla, but I'm not positive. It took me quite a few tries.

I cannot remember who I used, I think it was Dunban, Reyn, and Sharla. Don't use Shulk because if I remember correctly he cannot damage them. Just make sure to focus on one at a time. Took me a few tries too.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,367. Posted:

Just made it to Agniratha, the story keeps just keeps getting better and better. Don't want to stop playing.

On another note, Gamestop selling Xenoblade for $90.00 used. http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/xenoblade-chronicles-gamest...

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

1,368. Posted:

20 hours in. i haven't even scratched the surface yet, have I?

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,369. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

20 hours in. i haven't even scratched the surface yet, have I?

Most likely not.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,370. Posted:

Man, I am really paying for my insolence right now.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,371. Posted:

Alright, so what is the minimum level I should be at when entering the PONR? I think I'm good at 90 hours and ready to wrap this up.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,372. Posted:

PONR, you should be at 80 minimum, but I didn't beat the game until i think i hit 85 or 86 iirc. i also had to do a lot of switching up the characters in my party, available gems/armor, available moves, and i had to be absolutely on my other doods in order to help them out during battle with B presses.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Scanning

1,373. Posted:

Is this game like Monster Hunter Tri? If so, then I'm not interested.

Woops.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,374. Posted:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

Is this game like Monster Hunter Tri?

Nope. It's basically a JRPG with an MMO combat system that has a western RPG sidequest system and open world-like maps.

I never really got the Monster Hunter comparison that the game seems to get. The look is slightly similar if you squint at it and you do technically hunt monsters for some quests but other than that, they're very different.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,375. Posted:

Possible Spoilers maybe since I am talking about the end.

Well I have finally "beat" the game. Clocked in 102 hours and was at Level 81 when I started beyond the PONR. My area affinity was pretty sad with only the Hidden Machina Village at 4 stars. The other areas were still at either one or two so I didn't do to much sidequesting but still visited most locations other than Valak Mountain area.

As for my impressions well, pretty much my mind has never been so blown from a video game before. The twists and turns throughout the game were amazing. I haven't played many RPG's past the original Playstation so I don't know if this level of crazy stuff happening is standard for this genre but considered me impressed. The locations were jaw dropping. Yeah, I know some people had issues with the graphics but I think playing it on my Wii U improved the look of the environments so much that I didn't have any issues or complaints. The rocks on Prison Island actually looked "HD." This game has the best video game soundtrack I have ever heard and another benefit of playing on the Wii U was I could hook it up to my surround sound which was bonus. Between the music and the environments, I had no issues going back to revisit places again. The variety of the characters and arts helped keep the game from ever getting stale for me. The amount of options in the game was ridiculous, not used to that. It took me until I got to around level 75 to figure how to trade. Haha...

Shulk should've totally ended up with Melia. :P

End of Possible Spoilers

It's a little bitter sweet having finished the game and leaving the world that I spent so much time in that I really, really, enjoyed. :)

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,376. Posted:

I think I got mostly 4 stars (maybe one 5 star) rating for areas. From what I remember. Arguable how much it is worthwhile to do that much sidequesting. Most of the nopon village quests can just go die though...trying to find NPCs in that place or rare items in the forest...ugh...

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,377. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I think I got mostly 4 stars (maybe one 5 star) rating for areas. From what I remember. Arguable how much it is worthwhile to do that much sidequesting. Most of the nopon village quests can just go die though...trying to find NPCs in that place or rare items in the forest...ugh...

How many hours were you at? As soon as I couldn't find Shimmering Forte I was pretty much done with the Makna Forest but I loved that area. Go figure.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,378. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

How many hours were you at? As soon as I couldn't find Shimmering Forte I was pretty much done with the Makna Forest but I loved that area. Go figure.

130 or so hours. Admittedly I used a guide occasionally for side quests, which helped but regardless Makna Forest was the one where I could not find enough of the blue sphere item things (or the rare ones at all) and I spent an embarrassing amount of time accomplishing nothing because of that and trying to find the correct NPCs in the village.

AuthorMessage

yojo

1,379. Posted:

For anyone wondering, Gamestop has the NA Version for 90 bucks used on their website for order. I would recommend getting it if your interested, its a great price for the NA version and you can have it shipped or pick it up at a gamestop.

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,380. Posted:

I hate the Telethia.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083