Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,499

AuthorMessage

yojo

1,341. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I'm somewhat in shock that so many people want Xenoblade now(especially because of the high prices), must be because of X. :O

You hit the nail on the head for the "rewewed intrest since january-ish. I wanted the game over the summer, but was stapped for cash and only had a 60 bucks Toys R Us gift card, and with no buyers I got pikmin 2 and a few birthday presents for my younger relatives. I love pikmin 2 but damn, wish I had tried harder to find a buyer and gotten Xenoblade :(
Now that I have it, and have played about 5.5 hours, I can really say it is probably gonna be my favorite game on the Wii (and that is saying a lot).

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,342. Posted:

Okay so I started this game up again today. Could someone give me a rough estimate of how far into it I am (I know it's not much). I just got to where Juju and Sharla (?) are hiding in the cave with people from Colony 6, and now Juju has run off so Sharla has joined my party to go get him. This is about the fourth time I've started to get into it, and I just keep stopping because I have other things to do and knowing it may take over 100 hours to beat it gets me a bit overwhelmed, so if someone tells me I'm only like 2% into the game I'm not sure I'll have the energy to ever finish it.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

tsm7

1,343. Posted:

@yojo : Exact same thing happened to me. I didn't have the cash at the time and ended up buying Pikmin 2. I didn't realize the release would be so limited and the price on used copies to skyrocket if you can even find one.

tsm7

Nintendo Network ID: Little_Tiny_Tom

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,344. Posted:

@Xyphon22 I won't say 2% but closer to maybe 10% just get through the story and forget all side quests and that will help cut the game done to around 60-70 hours!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

yojo

1,345. Posted:

tsm7 wrote:

@yojo : Exact same thing happened to me. I didn't have the cash at the time and ended up buying Pikmin 2. I didn't realize the release would be so limited and the price on used copies to skyrocket if you can even find one.

Wow spooky. Thats kinda the reason I am trying to snap up pandora's tower so I can have all three, because I think the last story (and maybe pandora) could have a price spike. Not to the same degree, but I think in about a year The Last Story will be like 40-70 bucks on ebay.

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,346. Posted:

@Xyphon22: i'd agree with Tech up there, you're probably only about 10-ish% into the game at that point.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,347. Posted:

Okay, thanks. My big problem is that I don't remember how to do things. I had two or three battles today where I saw a vision of something bad happening, but it had been so long since I last played that I forgot how to stop it. Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to spend more time looking through my tutorials again.

Xyphon22

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,348. Posted:

@Xyphon22 iirc its a break move followed by a topple!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

1,349. Posted:

I'm in that one city in the sky. Exactly how far is that into the game?

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

whiteyoshi

1,350. Posted:

Far but not far. It feels like ur far but ooooooohh u wait lol

Hey everyone my fc is 2664-2647-6884. Add me please!
My online games are Mariokart7, Mario Tenis Open, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,351. Posted:

Okay first off, I want to give a big thanks to @OldMan-Tech who very generously offered his copy to me at an incredibly reasonable price. If it weren't for him, I'd probably never get this game.

Now then, at first I played for about half an hour, then just dropped it for about a week because I found the mechanics very confusing. Finally today I sat down and had a good 5 hour session. My impression? Good freaking God this game is criminally awesome! I've only reached where you first meet and rescue Juju (in other words barely made a dent in the story), and I'm hooked! I never understood why so many people want Shulk in Smash Bros., since I had no idea who he was, but now I agee with them 100%.

Yes, Xenoblade is a late Wii gem that needs way more exposure then it got, that's for darn sure.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,352. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Okay first off, I want to give a big thanks to @OldMan-Tech who very generously offered his copy to me at an incredibly reasonable price. If it weren't for him, I'd probably never get this game.

Now then, at first I played for about half an hour, then just dropped it for about a week because I found the mechanics very confusing. Finally today I sat down and had a good 5 hour session. My impression? Good freaking God this game is criminally awesome! I've only reached where you first meet and rescue Juju (in other words barely made a dent in the story), and I'm hooked! I never understood why so many people want Shulk in Smash Bros., since I had no idea who he was, but now I agee with them 100%.

Yes, Xenoblade is a late Wii gem that needs way more exposure then it got, that's for darn sure.

Guar Plains man.

Dat Music!

it's probably my favorite area in the game. :*

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,353. Posted:

Where can I still get this at an affordable price?!

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,354. Posted:

@WingedFish You're very welcome. It was a pleasure seeing someone from here get a fair chance to play this! I hope you enjoy it all the way through as it could probably last you the whole summer!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,355. Posted:

So now that I've gotten back into it, I planned on just playing through so I could experience it and beat it, and then maybe I could play it again down the line and do the side quests and things. Well, I've spent the last two days leaving Juju in limbo with the giant talking Mechon while all I've done is run around Bionis' Leg doing timed side quests before they go away. I'm never going to beat this game, but it's fun, so who cares?

Xyphon22

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,356. Posted:

Is it just me, or does the Bionis center (the giant drilling, turning metal rod) look like its at the crotch of the thing?

Anyway, the battle music is practically stuck in my brain now...

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

1,357. Posted:

May I ask for some advice?

Well here's the deal, I got Xenoblade 2 years ago as a Christmas gift. I played it for a few days, and I loved it. And I still do! it's a very good game, very deep and well worth my money. However, being a full time college student, I just dont have the time to have the dedication needed to beat this game. I JUST got to the mines after having Sharla join my party and I know that's not very far into the game.
The problem is is that its hard to get back into because it's so complicated. there's a HUGE learning curve to this game and its impossible to remember everything after not playing for awhile.

Do you guys have any advice as to how I can get back into it and get through the story? Thanks.

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,358. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

May I ask for some advice?

Well here's the deal, I got Xenoblade 2 years ago as a Christmas gift. I played it for a few days, and I loved it. And I still do! it's a very good game, very deep and well worth my money. However, being a full time college student, I just dont have the time to have the dedication needed to beat this game. I JUST got to the mines after having Sharla join my party and I know that's not very far into the game.
The problem is is that its hard to get back into because it's so complicated. there's a HUGE learning curve to this game and its impossible to remember everything after not playing for awhile.

Do you guys have any advice as to how I can get back into it and get through the story? Thanks.

Two words: strategy guide.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,359. Posted:

I was gonna suggest starting over when you have more time to devote to it. But I guess Strategy guides work, too....

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,360. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Is it just me, or does the Bionis center (the giant drilling, turning metal rod) look like its at the crotch of the thing?

Anyway, the battle music is practically stuck in my brain now...

I presume you mean the ether mines? And which battle music, one of the boss ones? :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u