Phatosaurus

1,301. Posted:

^^ Anybody?

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,302. Posted:

I have never heard aanyone complain or even mention that about the Pal version. What I can say is a good deal of people love the game in Europe. As for if its 25FPS or not does it really matter if the game is great?! If you're basing your discussion to pick up the game off that then ignore it and play the game as its one of the finest rpgs ever!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,303. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I've read mixed comments elsewhere saying that the PAL version is locked at 25FPS?

Can anybody confirm/debunk this for me?
Thanks.

i would think that if this had been a problem, we would've seen a lot more complaining from our EU users about it.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

1,304. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

i would think that if this had been a problem, we would've seen a lot more complaining from our EU users about it.

I thought that myself.
I can't remember where I read it but it may only be in certain cases.

Either way, I've bought the game now (brand new, £28. Bargain!) and if it is capped to 25fps it shouldn't ruin my enjoyment too much.
I loved Peace Walker on the PSP and that played at 20fps.

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,305. Posted:

I honestly only looked up anything with the japanese voice acting yesterday.

It sounded exactly what you would expect from japanese voice acting.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,306. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Figures that when I finally start to get a little interested in this game, the prices have already skyrocketed. Oh well, my loss...

You gotta act fast on games like these bro. :3

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

1,307. Posted:

Welp, if it is locked at 25fps, I can't tell.

Quite enjoying it so far. I just fought the Mechon with a face for 15 minutes before I figured out how to do chain attacks.
Had his health by a third as well. Not sure weather to be somewhat proud of that since it wasn't easy or ashamed in my momentary stupidity.

Reminds of the time I got 20 hours into Fallout 3 before releasing I can just hold A to continuously drink from a water source.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,308. Posted:

hey @WingedFish (or anyone else for that matter) — AlexSays has a copy of Xenoblade up in the Trading Post thread. Normally i wouldn't do this advertisement sort of thing, but i know a few of you have been disappointed by crazy online pricing and Xenoblade is a game that absolutely deserves to be played by anyone interested in doing so. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

yojo

1,309. Posted:

So I assume there is no difference between the PAL and the NA versions? Nothing to do with the story and translation right?

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,310. Posted:

I believe both versions are the same! Its why NA even got the game imo.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,311. Posted:

America got the English PAL translation because NOA realized that anyone who cares about the difference between "color" and "colour" while playing a 130 hour game is stupid.

AuthorMessage

yojo

1,312. Posted:

So the voice acting is the British version? Great, I loved it in The Last Story, so I hope its as good. Any differences with the way the game plays? Also does the game have different languages for Europe? I would have to have a way to practice my French :)

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

AuthorMessage

Ganondwarf

1,313. Posted:

What am I doing wrong I'm up to fighting the Mechon that took Sharla's little brother and I always get beaten (yes I'm probably a noob) why does my health get taken down so quickly?!! I just don't know what I'm doing wrong in the game because fights that I think are ment to be easy take so long :(

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

AuthorMessage

yojo

1,314. Posted:

Is 115 bucks with shipping a good price for the collectors edition with the red classic controller and all the boxes in good condition?

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,315. Posted:

@Forbsz: That early on in the game, almost any boss you're having trouble with can usually be taken down simply by going back and grinding up a few levels. Also be sure to equip the best possible armor and gems you've got available so far if you can, don't forget to level up your abilities and stuff, and if necessary, make sure you've got good abilities selected for your party (i found myself rearranging my abilities a few times throughout the game to swap out ones i never used much for others that sounded more interesting).

I can't exactly remember how early on in the game that point is, but if Shulk's Monado premonitions and/or your normal party attacks are available to you, don't forget to use them to your advantage! Also, if you noticed during your attempts at that particular boss fight that it was a certain member of your party giving you trouble staying alive, use that information to switch things up to balance them out (putting HP-based gems on this character or that character, making absolute sure Shulk and Sharla have their HP-restoring abilities available, etc.), and stick close to them in battle so that you can force them to heal if necessary (when one of your party is in trouble and you're near them, you can button-press to control their next move).

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

yojo

1,316. Posted:

Just found a copy for 82 bucks with shipping from the UK and ordered it! These next 2 weeks will be a hard wait!

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,317. Posted:

I freaking hate NOA so much right now. Having seen the X trailer for Wii U, my curiosity was peaked. So I figured I'd looked into possibly getting the Wii game... Yeah, not gonna happen...

What honestly ticks me off so much is the fact that the other two RPGs from Operation Rainfall, Pandora's Tower and The Last Story, got proper releases here and can easily be bought for $30-$40 while Xenoblade is impossible to find under $80 in any condition. I would import, but a PAL disk wouldn't work on my Wii (I don't think). Not to mention the importing costs would amount to the same as if I just bought one here. :p

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

1,318. Posted:

@WingedFish I'm in the exact same situation. I think I'll have to just wait for X, since Xenoblade is way too expensive.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,319. Posted:

I'd still save up personally, but yeah, it is a bit unfair. That's what happens with limited releases.

you people should really start asking about Nintendo for a re-release of some sort.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,320. Posted:

@WingedFish I might be willing to part with my copy! I won't ask an outragous price either. All ill ask is what gameestop would give me for it.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech