Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,474

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,281. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

swordx wrote:

I just ordered this game! I'm so happy! It's supposed to arrive between Thursday and Monday. For $112.53, it better be fun!

I'd like to say it is likely it is still worth every penny.

In one playthrough I've put at the very least as much time into it as I have into Metroid Prime, my favorite game ever that I've replayed like 5 times. And about 90% of that time was completely awesome. (and even half of the other 10% was pretty fun, please avoid trying to 100% this game without a walkthrough though. Most of the sidequests are fine but there's the occasional really annoying one, which is one of the very few complaints I have with the game)

I'll probably try to 100% the game without a walkthrough, but I won't do it on my first playthrough. People say doing too many sidequests makes the game way too easy, and I love a challenge.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

I-U

1,282. Posted:

I think any price below $150 for Xenoblade Chronicles is of good value, and even its more expensive prices around $200 are still a match of the level of quality that will be experienced in this epic. It's just that outstanding of an experience. Beyond that, I've started playing through my New Game Plus file again, and I'm trying to get Colony 9 to five star affinity to make it the third five star affinity I've gotten during this 70+ hour replay. I've also been thinking about switching around my party to work on affinity for another trio, but I've grown very attached to my current three: M___a, R__i and D____n.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

DRL

1,283. Posted:

Should I be ashed to admit that Xenoblade has been sitting on my shelf untouched for at least five months now? Every time I consider playing it, I'm deterred by the possible 100+ hour commitment.

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Supermarioman

1,284. Posted:

Well I finally got a copy of the game! After about 2 and half months of holding out and shopping I finally got a call last night telling me that they had a copy of Xenoblade at my local Gamestop. I've put an hour into it and I'm loving it thus far, can't wait to see more of the game. The great thing was that it was fairly cheap considering what it usually goes for at $54 after Gamestop Rewards. I gotta say doing what I did and searching around is a pain and very frustrating, but if your cheap like me and don't have the stomach to pay $100+ for the game then it's probably your best bet.

Supermarioman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

1,285. Posted:

@DRL
Don't feel bad, i've only played it twice since launch.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

1,286. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@DRL
Don't feel bad, i've only played it twice since launch.

BOTH OF YOU GTFO
just kidding... but you should srsly consider playing (more of) the game already... disappointed in you both right now :(

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

DRL

1,287. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@DRL
Don't feel bad, i've only played it twice since launch.

BOTH OF YOU GTFO
just kidding... but you should srsly consider playing (more of) the game already... disappointed in you both right now :(

How about this - the next weekend that I'm free from major responsibility, I'll dedicate to Xenoblade. I really do want to play it, I'm just so scared that it may consume my life.

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

1,288. Posted:

DRL wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@DRL
Don't feel bad, i've only played it twice since launch.

BOTH OF YOU GTFO
just kidding... but you should srsly consider playing (more of) the game already... disappointed in you both right now :(

How about this - the next weekend that I'm free from major responsibility, I'll dedicate to Xenoblade. I really do want to play it, I'm just so scared that it may consume my life.

Oh be afraid.....be very afraid!!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

1,289. Posted:

Supermarioman wrote:

Well I finally got a copy of the game! After about 2 and half months of holding out and shopping I finally got a call last night telling me that they had a copy of Xenoblade at my local Gamestop. I've put an hour into it and I'm loving it thus far, can't wait to see more of the game. The great thing was that it was fairly cheap considering what it usually goes for at $54 after Gamestop Rewards. I gotta say doing what I did and searching around is a pain and very frustrating, but if your cheap like me and don't have the stomach to pay $100+ for the game then it's probably your best bet.

Well congrats on that man! That is a good price for this game now. I feel sorry for the dude that sold it for way less then he could've got for it on Ebay.

DRL wrote:

How about this - the next weekend that I'm free from major responsibility, I'll dedicate to Xenoblade. I really do want to play it, I'm just so scared that it may consume my life.

Oh it will consume your life. My wife was out of town for a week recnetly and outside of work, sleeping, and occasionally eating, I was playing this game. I have hidden this game away until I can devote a good chunk of time because I know it will consume me again.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

1,290. Posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles is easily my favorite Wii game. :* :* :*

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,291. Posted:

Xenoblade finally arrived! I just left Colony 9, and I'm on my way to Colony 6. This game is great!!!

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RikuzeYre

1,292. Posted:

Yo swordy man take it slow enjoy the game

RikuzeYre

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,293. Posted:

RikuzeYre wrote:

Yo swordy man take it slow enjoy the game

I'm going to. I'll be doing some sidequests today. And anyways, that was four hours!

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

1,294. Posted:

You know, there's a part fairly late in the game, no spoilers obviously, that including a couple of sidequests and exploring it, took about 4 hours with basically no story going through 2 similar but different areas. Its um...the part after the plot really starts going and the falling but before the big betrayal plot twist. Its impressive how much I was into that part of the game despite it being four hours of RPG gameplay and exploring and fighting and nothing else. And I did most of it in one sitting, which is crazy as even for this game I rarely play for more than an hour or two in a row.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

1,295. Posted:

/me is not ashamed he doesn't have this game
...
/me runs away

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,296. Posted:

After 20 hours, I just got to the Bionis' Interior.

I have 2 questions:

1. How far am I into this game?

2. Am I going too fast?

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

1,297. Posted:

swordx wrote:

After 20 hours, I just got to the Bionis' Interior.

I have 2 questions:

1. How far am I into this game?

2. Am I going too fast?

1. I'd say almost 2/5 into the game.
2. No.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,298. Posted:

Figures that when I finally start to get a little interested in this game, the prices have already skyrocketed. Oh well, my loss...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

1,299. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

swordx wrote:

After 20 hours, I just got to the Bionis' Interior.

I have 2 questions:

1. How far am I into this game?

2. Am I going too fast?

1. I'd say almost 2/5 into the game.
2. No.

Bionis' Interior (after the Marsh) is 2/5? Really? Then I don't want to know how far Eryth Sea is...I love this game too much...

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Phatosaurus

1,300. Posted:

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I've read mixed comments elsewhere saying that the PAL version is locked at 25FPS?

Can anybody confirm/debunk this for me?
Thanks.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus