Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,475

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

1,121. Posted:

@FonistofCruxis turns out I only needed to be two levels higher... And spam the monado buster. I thought I would get something for not going after the other two but apparently not. The cutscene after beating him was SOOOOOO satisfying! And now I'm stuck on gadolt...

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,122. Posted:

why is everyone having so much trouble with Gadolt? maybe i just got lucky with him both times, lol D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,123. Posted:

Honestly, this game is better than Chrono Trigger. So basically for those keeping track at home, Xenoblade > Chrono Trigger > Radiant Historia (granted, Xenoblade I'm comparing it to to brag about how amazing the game is while Radiant Historia I compared to Chrono Trigger because they were fairly similar). Or at the very least, it is to gaming now as Chrono Trigger was in 1995. It is somewhat less of a controversial statement for me considering Chrono Trigger is only barely in my top 10 favorite RPGs, and I've heard people say that Persona series I need to play is also better. But that being said, it is the first game I've played since Mother 3 that even has any chance of possibly being in like my top 25 games of all time (note: there's been ton of great games since then but a lot of them are just barely not that good, pretty much). Any game where I can run around doing mediocre sidequests and getting distracted by the story for the billionth time and is still a ton of fun, really is THAT good. The combat is a ton of fun (although admittedly often just comes down to spamming random attacks until I win), the story is a good mix of cliche and creativity, the characters are likable and memorable (which is rare for modern day jrpgs), the voice acting is good and the decision to not change the voice acting in the American version ended up as a brilliant choice to make it stand out (and god forbid NOA is ever allowed to choose voice actors again), the soundtrack is amazing, it's almost definitively the most impressive looking game on the Wii. And there's something to be said about making a game this good by combining what works with western and japanese RPGs, it's like both genres shook hands and said "you've done well" and then made this game. Especially nice to see considering the western vs. japanese gaming debates are only somewhat less horribad compared to hardcore vs. casual debates. If you are trying to be on one side of that debate, you are wrong. And probably should be laughed at.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

TheInstantGamer

1,124. Posted:

Got the game about a week back, It took me awhile to get into it but now that I have more time, I realize how great it is. I'm only 8 hours in and I just arrived at Colony 6 but I can tell it'll be a lot of fun!

I got a sexy deep v-neck and I'm not afraid to use it XD

AuthorMessage

gamerwiz

1,125. Posted:

Just picked up Xenoblade and I must say that I am happy with my decision. I'm only about 10 hours into the game and already I can see that it's one of the best RPG games on the wii. This game definitely took my focus away from Monster Hunter Tri.

Edited on by gamerwiz

gamerwiz

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,126. Posted:

gamerwiz wrote:

This game definitely took my focus away from Monster Hunter Tri.

Then ur doin' it wrong.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

iphoneblaster

1,127. Posted:

I think Xenoblade chronicles has a real time action-based battle system.Its looking very good game and i would love to play this games always.

Win Apple Iphone 4g Free!
Log on to...

http://win-iphone-free.tk

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

1,128. Posted:

I just finished Xenoblade and I can truly say this game was frickin amazing. The story and characters was surprisingly good along with the battle system. I love how the game was really long and of course the music. I love Chrono Trigger, probably my favorite game ever, which I played last summer. This game is in the same league. Definitely has "Masterpiece" status for me. I don't know if it beats Chrono Trigger for me but it's in the same area. Definitely one of the highest points on the entire Wii console. Going to play new game plus while waiting for the Last Story now. Nice to finally be able to post on this thread without fear of spoilers.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,129. Posted:

How did I miss that you could give characters items to increase Affinity?

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

1,130. Posted:

I'm having problems with mumkhar Boss fight.
I'm level 49,and my team consists of Shulk,Dunban,and Sharla.

But he keeps kicking my butt,

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,131. Posted:

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

I'm having problems with mumkhar Boss fight.
I'm level 49,and my team consists of Shulk,Dunban,and Sharla.

But he keeps kicking my butt,

I remember I was around 47 and my team was Melia, Shulk, and Dunban. I played as Melia. She sucks as AI, but is truly monstrous when you play as her.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,132. Posted:

So I got to thinking: when Rikki showed up, it seemed he became the Heropon because he was forced to from debt, having nothing to do with his fighting ability. Seeing that Rikki is an absolute monster in fights, however, it seems like quite the coincidence that he just so happens to be an amazing fighter. Could this possibly mean the Nopon are the most powerful race in the game world? 0_o

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

1,133. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

So I got to thinking: when Rikki showed up, it seemed he became the Heropon because he was forced to from debt, having nothing to do with his fighting ability. Seeing that Rikki is an absolute monster in fights, however, it seems like quite the coincidence that he just so happens to be an amazing fighter. Could this possibly mean the Nopon are the most powerful race in the game world? 0_o

I was thinking about that. Riki is a super good character who rarely if ever dies in battles. Maybe his awesomeness is so great he was gravitated toward becoming apart of your party. Riki's awesomeness can control the world in vague ways.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,134. Posted:

So... Should I get this game? I hear it's very good, and I want it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the $50 I have saved for the wii U.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,135. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

So... Should I get this game? I hear it's very good, and I want it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the $50 I have saved for the wii U.

[/div]

Very few games are more worthy of your $50 than this game. It's incredibly long, but it doesn't feel like it because your constantly accomplishing something. It's enthraling from beginning to end. So get it. I think its better to go for this game and wait a little bit after the WiiU launches to buy the system then to skip on it and buy a WiiU at launch instead.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

1,136. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

It's my favourite game ever, so I'd definitely recommend it. Then again, if you really want to get a Wii U at launch, you could always hold off for a bit and pick it up later; but you should definitely play it at some point. :)

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,137. Posted:

My wii CAN read Dual layer games, so I hope it doesn't stop doing so before I get this game. I am currently playing FFII on the Famicom for now, so I don't even have my wii plugged in.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

1,138. Posted:

All I will say Is Im still playing this game 200hrs in and planned to play it on the Wii gamepad later on when I'm in the mood to play an epic game like this.... got Last Story pre ordered and can't wait til tommorrow...

Anyway get the game if you can well worth the $$$$

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,139. Posted:

I'm 70+ hours in and I'm still seemingly missing the last 1/5 of the Affinity chart and I've only done half the sidequests in the other parts.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

1,140. Posted:

I can't wait to finally play Xenoblade... on (hopefully) Monday, when my Wii lens cleaning kit arrives, since my Wii apparently has trouble reading dual-layered discs again. :|

For now, the case will just sit next to my television. Mocking me.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink