Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,495

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,101. Posted:

@kkslider: yeah, i'd say Prison Island is probably the place that begins the breakneck race to the end of the game :3

@OlderGamer:

SPOILERS

yes, the Egil fight is a huge point of no return. if your goal is 100% sidequest completion, you need to be done with whatever you're doing before the Egil fight — especially if it's anything to be done on the Mechonis. reload your game before that fight, go back and do whatever it was you were doing, and don't fight Egil until you're satisfied with what you've accomplished, because there is a huge amount of stuff you will not be able to get back to.

SPOILERS ARE OVER~

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,102. Posted:

OlderGamer wrote:

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!

A question for who have finished it.

Just finished fighting Egil. I have not fully completed side quests/H2Heart videos and it appears that I can't return due to story progression. My goal is (almost) 100% completion of side quests in the game. Should I reload the game and complete these before fighting Egil? Or does the game allow me to return to them later?

Cheers.

Were there H2Hs on Mechonis/Sword Valley? Oh.
Well, just wait until NG+ as it carries over all your party affinity.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

MetalGearZelda

1,103. Posted:

I really need help. I'm in alcamoth and have to fight the assassin that the queen sent after my party. I keep losing against her. Can someone please tell me how to beat her.

MetalGearZelda

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,104. Posted:

@MetalGearZelda: If you're maining Shulk (or if you have him in your party), that's probably your problem right there. remember that the Monado won't hurt people from the Bionis [the assassins]... if you pay close attention to the damage numbers, you'll see Shulk isn't hitting for beans. Switch up your party (i switched Shulk out for Rikii myself) and you should be good to go (unless you're somehow massively underleveled, in which case, go level s'more lol).

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

OlderGamer

1,105. Posted:

Thanks guys!

OlderGamer

AuthorMessage

I-U

1,106. Posted:

Playing through New Game Plus, I've gone into more of a questing mode and I am experiencing quests that I did not during my initial run. I was questing quite a bit in my first run, so I'm glad that the game features a ton of quests as to continue to feel new in the second run. I'm very impressed with the title, reflected by it being my most played Wii game, and continue to take an interest in the backstory for the game's many characters. Having said that, anyone have a favorite house belonging to an NPC? If I were to shrink, I would love living in Deku's house in Frontier Village since I enjoy shelter surrounded by nature.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

1,107. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

And tastes vary. I prefer the story driven Final Fantasies to the exploration style Dragon Quests, for instance.

I guess that explains why you weren't too thrilled with this game....

[/quote]

I like exploration, but this game even overwhelmed me. I blame Monster Hunter's Zoning thing...

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

Carb

1,108. Posted:

So I really thought I was going to finish this game this weekend, but alas, there's just not enough hours! I'm about 72 hours in and about to reach the final battle (i think!). Despite spending so much time in the game, I'm still floored by the scope, depth, and sheer ambition of Xenoblade Chronicles. It's been such an engaging story, I can't wait to see how it ends.

Carb

AuthorMessage

Mr_DSi

1,109. Posted:

I need your help guys! Possible Spoilers I am about to leave Agniratha but before I have to face Gadolt for the second time. The problem is I CANNOT beat! I have spent, I kid you not, over 5 hours in total trying to beat this guy! I thought maybe I would have to grind and so I did, I went from level 64 to 69 but he still kicks my butt every time! Anyone know how to beat him?

3DS: 3437-3059-8846
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lalalandtaco

AuthorMessage

Carb

1,110. Posted:

Mr_DSi wrote:

I need your help guys! Possible Spoilers I am about to leave Agniratha but before I have to face Gadolt for the second time. The problem is I CANNOT beat! I have spent, I kid you not, over 5 hours in total trying to beat this guy! I thought maybe I would have to grind and so I did, I went from level 64 to 69 but he still kicks my butt every time! Anyone know how to beat him?

Gadolt gave me a lot of trouble too. My trick to defeating him was to try to topple him as much as possible, especially after "vision" sequences and right at the beginning of the battle. If you can topple him during his power that calls for additional badguys, he won't get the help and you can focus on him. I used Dunban, Shulk, and Rikki, with a Topple Up gem on the Monado. I didn't use any Chain Attacks so I was able to revive a lot, and then for healing I used Shulk's Light Heal and Rikki's healing power (I forgot what it's called..Riki is Angry?). His Linear Laser power is able to be blocked by the Monado Shield but it's the Laser Bullet that's really tough. GOOD LUCK!

Carb

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,111. Posted:

@Mr_DSi: are you kidding? i don't recall being level 69 until well after that point — you shouldn't be having that many problems beating him (because i sure didn't, haha). my questions would be what party you're using, whether you have the best armor and gem setup possible on them, and when's the last time you looked at their Arts to level them up too (if you're using Shulk, don't forget to level up his Monado arts too).

another question would be 'at what point are you dying'... are you unable to inflict decent damage? are you constantly having to revive a downed party member? what seems to be the problem? if you're having issues with Gadolt now, you're gonna keep having issues after him too.

congrats on being overleveled for what is to come, though! I wish i had been level 69 that early on :3

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

1,112. Posted:

Okay, I'm at Fallen Arm and have seen all the major cutscenes there, so I'm feel like I'm ready to read and contribute to this thread again without accidently encountering too many spoilers.

I'm now going to go back and do a lot of stuff in previous areas before moving on now that I have the full party available. In particular, I've got one last unique monster to beat in Sword Valley and a certain something to blow up. I've also unlocked some new heart-to-hearts and still haven't completely explored Eryth Sea, Valek Mountain, or Fallen Arm.

@SamuraiShyGuy At least continue to explore the areas, as unlocking the landmarks provides at lot of easy EXP that will help prevent grinding later on. You should also continue to accept most of the quests, as many of them are just "defeat so many of a certain monster" that you'll complete without even trying. Also, if you're bored with Shulk, just switch to a different character, as they all play quite differently. While Shulk relies on positioning and works best against the Mechon, Reyn is a physical close combat tank, Sharla is a combination long distance sniper and medic, Dunban is a more balanced swordsman who also uses auras and a few other more unique talents, etc. The only one I really don't like playing as is Slight Spoiler Melia, who requires too much planning ahead with her elemental summonings.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,113. Posted:

I should really get back into this soon. I was forced to take a break from Xenoblade Chronicles, because of how much time I spent completing every single sidequest that has been available. I had just finished completing every available sidequest in Frontier Village, the last time I had played. I planned to return to the game, and make sure there were no more new sidequests available in any previous areas. Then I was going to visit the Eyrth Sea, for my first time. It's been months, since I last played. I had already reached 100 hours of playtime.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,114. Posted:

It is interesting to see stuff that hasn't been relevent since the early parts of the game come back FIFTY HOURS LATER. That's gotta be a new record.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,115. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It is interesting to see stuff that hasn't been relevent since the early parts of the game come back FIFTY HOURS LATER. That's gotta be a new record.

It might be different for some people as the length of the game can vary greatly due to the amount of sidequests there are. Which part of the game are you referring to anyway?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

1,116. Posted:

Mr_DSi wrote:

Level 72, son

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,117. Posted:

Mr_DSi wrote:

Gadolt is a definite grind moment in the game. I beat him finally at level 70. Make sure you have the best armor equipped (no matter how silly it looks). I didn't have any real strategy aside from that. I used Sharla, Reyn, and controlled Shulk. I did as much damage as I could with Shulk from behind and warned Reyn to use his Last Stand whenever Gadolt was about to kill him. Gadolt seemed to ignore Sharla for me. When Gadolt summons back up, I make sure everyone stays targeted on him. I'll take out one of his henchmen with Shulk but not both of them since Gadolt just kept respawning them when I did that.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,118. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

[/div]

It might be different for some people as the length of the game can vary greatly due to the amount of sidequests there are. Which part of the game are you referring to anyway?

the ending of the big Prison Island battle and everything on the mountain

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,119. Posted:

Spoiler Alert!
I'm fighting mumkhar and the two other metal faces, but I keep getting my butt kicked because I'm only level 48. Should I be a higher level?
I still love guar plains' music :3 http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v...

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,120. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

the ending of the big Prison Island battle and everything on the mountain

I take it you were referring to the visions then. Also, the end of Prison island is the half-way point in the story. That seems like the half-way point to me anyway.

Happy_Mask wrote:

Spoiler Alert!
I'm fighting mumkhar and the two other metal faces, but I keep getting my butt kicked because I'm only level 48. Should I be a higher level?
I still love guar plains' music :3 http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v...

I think I was about level 52 when I won that fight (I'm not completely sure as it was quite a while ago) so you should probably grind a bit.

Neilloggery