1,081. Posted:

Random on the ground collectibles in Maka Forest

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

MetalGearZelda

1,082. Posted:

@theblackdragon I need to get the fossil monkey. I just don't know where to find it.

MetalGearZelda

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,083. Posted:

@MetalGearZelda, the Fossil Monkey can be found very rarely as a collectible in Makna Forest, or you can make a trade with Berry Jammy. Whom I believe is a Nopon that resides in Frontier Village.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,084. Posted:

Do the battle tactics in this game ever change? I've been using the same strategy to kill enemies since the beginning of the game. And does anyone else feel that levelling up is kind of...bland? I can't really explain it, other than you don't feel much of a reward when your characters level up. Levelling up your characters in, say, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is really gratifying, and gives the player choice.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,085. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Do the battle tactics in this game ever change? I've been using the same strategy to kill enemies since the beginning of the game. And does anyone else feel that levelling up is kind of...bland? I can't really explain it, other than you don't feel much of a reward when your characters level up. Levelling up your characters in, say, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is really gratifying, and gives the player choice.

Depends. Where are you and what level are your characters?

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,086. Posted:

I'm in Frontier Village and my characters are around level 36 I believe. I just keep using the same side attack that lowers defense and then backslash, rinse, and repeat, with minor variations here and there. Very boring and not much room for strategy that I can see.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,087. Posted:

Well, it doesn't vary much, but later monsters that are more difficult require more complex strategies, and it can get very intense. Of course, if you just dislike the combat you may not enjoy it anyway.

But at the very least you should play until the end of the game.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,088. Posted:

How far am I into the game? I'm in Frontier village and have been playing for around 21 hours. Keep in mind I'm not bothering with many sidequests or rebuilding Colony 6. Do you think I can beat the game in less than 50 hours if I don't do any sidequests that are out of my way (though I do explore each area fairly thoroughly)?

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,089. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

How far am I into the game? I'm in Frontier village and have been playing for around 21 hours. Keep in mind I'm not bothering with many sidequests or rebuilding Colony 6. Do you think I can beat the game in less than 50 hours if I don't do any sidequests that are out of my way (though I do explore each area fairly thoroughly)?

[/div]

Hmmm...
You have quite a bit left to go...
I'd say you are 33-39% done story-wise.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,090. Posted:

I don't have this game, but Club Nintendo thinks I do.
and that is all i will ever add to this conversation

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

1,091. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

I don't have this game, but Club Nintendo thinks I do.
and that is all i will ever add to this conversation

lmao. They're going to see this and come find you

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,092. Posted:

@SamuraiShyGuy: I didn't do much in the way of sidequesting and it took me nearly 100 hours to beat the game. does anyone know if someone's tried speedrunning Xenoblade yet (first playthrough, not NG+)? i'm curious about the bare minimum time to get through it now, lol :3

@Oddy: We're not mad at you... just disappointed. :(

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,093. Posted:

I think SamuraiShyGuy has a point. The combat does seem like water rinse repeat! However that's not to much different then most rpgs. You use what work the best to take down the enemies! At least you can make those skills stronger. And yes the gems change things up a bit when some enemies rip you apart with special effects! There is strategy however you could just level build and waist those enemies that give you a hard time.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,094. Posted:

There's no way I can bare 80 more hours of this game. From now on I'm going to avoid pretty much every single side quest and maybe do less exploration. Like, if a Nopon asks me to pick up a pencil he dropped that's literally two feet away from him I'll still blow him off. :D

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,095. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@SamuraiShyGuy: I didn't do much in the way of sidequesting and it took me nearly 100 hours to beat the game. does anyone know if someone's tried speedrunning Xenoblade yet (first playthrough, not NG+)? i'm curious about the bare minimum time to get through it now, lol :3

@Oddy: We're not mad at you... just disappointed. :(

It seems to be 49 hours, 28 mins.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,096. Posted:

Then I will beat the game in 49 hours, 27 mins. Lol, I wish.

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

1,097. Posted:

I think I beat the game at around 150 hours... however I basically did every sidequest I could possibly do.. I kept my original game and still playing on for the extra content... love this game... !!! reminds me of the old school rpgs in a way... :)

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,098. Posted:

I did some but not all of the sidequests and beat it in around 120 hours.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,099. Posted:

So I finally got to Prison Island.

I'm assuming this is when the story finally starts getting...worthy of the entire rest of the game after all of that. Or they could just have another vision that takes 20+ hours to get to. I could see that happening too.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

OlderGamer

1,100. Posted:

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!

A question for who have finished it.

Just finished fighting Egil. I have not fully completed side quests/H2Heart videos and it appears that I can't return due to story progression. My goal is (almost) 100% completion of side quests in the game. Should I reload the game and complete these before fighting Egil? Or does the game allow me to return to them later?

Cheers.

OlderGamer