Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,474

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,061. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

lol wow. don't get me wrong, i love me some British TV, i enjoy talking to friends from the UK who still have their accents (or some of 'em left, anyway, lol), but for whatever reason the voices in the dub just grated on my ears horribly. Fiora annoyed the ever-loving stuff outta me, Reyn was a nightmare, and Shulk was just... lame. i asked on my Twitter back when I first got the game and received a few responses, but to anyone from the UK/EU in this thread who'd like to weigh in: would you say that Xenoblade an example of good-quality voice-acting?

[/div]

This is coming from a guy's perspective, but Fiora's voice was absolutely lovely. She was one of my favorite parts of the game, and of course they had to kill her off early! Reyn sounds like a big dope, though I believe that was their intentions. Shulk sounds fine to me.

I'm American by the way.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,062. Posted:

I haven't had any real complaints about the voice acting, so far. The repetitive statements during battle can easily become very annoying, though. A little more variety in the dialogue would have been much appreciated. All in all, I still believe the voice acting appropriately envelopes the overall ambiance of the game.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,063. Posted:

@SamuraiShyGuy: no offense, but the reason I was asking for UK/EU-specific opinions is because the cast was from their region, those sorts of accents are native to their corner of the world and they hear them every day. IMO they would be the best judges of whether a dub sounds natural or is pleasing to the ear (or their ears, even). I wouldn't ask a person from the UK to be any kind of authority on whether or not a dub with an American cast was well done or not, thus why I wasn't asking for an American opinion for this one.

@FoC: thanks! so far you're the first to have chimed in saying it was good :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,064. Posted:

So I can't have an opinion since I'm not European? You're American and you didn't like the voice acting. I was just saying I thought it sounded good to me, whether or not it was authentic. And why should it be authentic to the UK, seeing as it is set on top of a mythical titan? It would be more authentic if they had a made up language and we had to read subtitles.

@AlexSays, I'll be the first to warn you: I personally think the game is overrated.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,065. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

So I can't have an opinion since I'm not European? You're American and you didn't like the voice acting. I was just saying I thought it sounded good to me, whether or not it was authentic. And why should it be authentic to the UK, seeing as it is set on top of a mythical titan? It would be more authentic if they had a made up language and we had to read subtitles.

@AlexSays, I'll be the first to warn you: I personally think the game is overrated.

[/div]

...Ok. All the voice acting is british, right? So, people from that part of the world would be able to judge whether or not it sounds how real people would. He didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, but when he was looking for something specific to add to the discussion, it doesn't do anything. It's like if she asked "Does anyone have this game? I need help." and you responded "No, but I want the game.", it would add nothing to the conversation and be unnecessary in the eyes of others. Not trying to be critical, but you seemed a bit on edge from his response.

Also U SAYD THIS GAME WAS OVERRATED HAHA OPINUNION INVALID. ;)
...I'm kidding. (Just in case.)

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,066. Posted:

@TysonQ7 TBD is female and I agree that its not overrated. Well, not that overrated. I don't think its the best game ever like some do but its certainly one of the best games on the Wii, probably my 4th or 5th favourite Wii game.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,067. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

@TysonQ7 TBD is female and I agree that its not overrated. Well, not that overrated. I don't think its the best game ever like some do but its certainly one of the best games on the Wii, probably my 4th or 5th favourite Wii game.

Oh yeah, I know. It was a typo. Fixed.

And I agree, this game is amazing, but not my all-time favorite.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

1,068. Posted:

I had no idea there were Jap voices.. But really, I love the voice acting this game dub-wise. Love the English accents.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,069. Posted:

Possible Spoilers?
Does anyone know if after the final boss you can access your save data prior to the point of no retur ? I'm debating whether or not to take down the Superbosses, so If I can access it, I'll save the SB's for later.

AuthorMessage

Torchwood

1,070. Posted:

I just started this game after two months of owning it. Does Dunban remind anyone of Magnus from Kid Icarus Uprising? I seriously got chills when he said 'Sorry to keep you waiting' at the beginning when the Mechon invade Colony 9 in the same vein as Pit at the beginning of Uprising. Seems great so far. The reason I held off so long was because I didn't like the controls and so I had to invest in a Classic Controller by which time I was distracted by other games.

3DS Friend Code- 4725-7991-3379

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,071. Posted:

@TysonQ7, why don't you just save the superbosses for your second playthrough. It'll give you something all-new to experience, and more justification to actually return for a second playthrough someday. To answer your question, I don't believe it's possible to do so. I've been informed that Dunban asks you if want to progress any further. Which is your last chance to take care of any unfinished business.

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,072. Posted:

Anybody else got the music stuck in their head from this game?! I haven't played it in three days and its still always on my mind!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,073. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Possible Spoilers?
Does anyone know if after the final boss you can access your save data prior to the point of no retur ? I'm debating whether or not to take down the Superbosses, so If I can access it, I'll save the SB's for later.

You could just save the data after beating the game to a different save file to the one where you saved just before the point of no return.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,074. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Possible Spoilers?

[/div]

You could just save the data after beating the game to a different save file to the one where you saved just before the point of no return.

Your using your head.

STOP IT.

Oh, and @G4L
All my characters are new or one Dinosaur away from being Lv.99. I'm not waiting to take them down for a second play through.

The 1st Play-through is to do everything, while I'm using the 2nd to relax/challenge myself more.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,075. Posted:

A couple of questions.

First. Anyone open the warehouse door in Vilia Lake. If so is it worth getting into.

Second. Looking for what monster drops Vang teeth in colony 9.

Edit: I hate predicted text LOL!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,076. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

A couple of questions.

First. Anyone open the warehouse door in Vilia Lake. If so is it worth getting into.

Second. Looking for what monster drops Vang teeth in colony 9.

Edit: I hate predicted text LOL!

[/div]

The door at Villa Lake opens late in the story as part of a quest. Don't worry about it. Vangs drop vang teeth, and are usually at Night. Not sure of there are specific one you need to kill though.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS
Anyways, I beat the game. Such a beautiful ending! I mean it. I'm glad that there is room for a sequel.
Started NG+, didn't realize that all my levels carry over. Oh well. If I want a challenge I'll make a new save and do as few quests as possible.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,077. Posted:

Whenever you begin your NG+ file @TysonQ7, could you please find out if there's any truth behind what @theblackdragon mentioned about the Heart-to-Hearts and affinity level's?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,078. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Whenever you begin your NG+ file @TysonQ7, could you please find out if there's any truth behind what @theblackdragon mentioned about the Heart-to-Hearts and affinity level's?

All Affinity is carried over, along with Collectpedia and the "Records" side of Achievements.(I think)

The H-To-Hs aren't carried over, and quests, Maps, and Locale affinities are lost as well.

AuthorMessage

MetalGearZelda

1,079. Posted:

I'm in the nopon village and met Rikki. I need some help. I'm on level 1 construction for housing in colony 6(i've just made 1 house). I've gotten the first item needed by killing bunnits in Satorl Marsh. How do I get the second item?

MetalGearZelda

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,080. Posted:

@metalgearzelda: iirc, for each level of reconstruction there's one item dropped by enemies and an item you find on the ground while exploring an area. what exactly are you trying to improve, the second level of housing?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon