Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,491

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,021. Posted:

Thanks for answering every question theblackdragon.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,022. Posted:

@G4L: I used Split Infinity's FAQ from GameFAQs when i got stuck or needed help getting through a quest. Enjoy :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,023. Posted:

Riki trying to get to Bionis Head this century. Why is Riki so slow? Hom Homs keep doing sidequests.

Riki is somehow not an annoying character.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,024. Posted:

I haven't played this for a few days. I just needed a short break from all of the sidequesting I've been doing. So far, I've completed every sidequest currently available in Frontier Village. I know there will still be lot more there later on, because I've only gained a 3 star affinity rating. I'll check out the Eyrth Sea, the next time I get the urge to play again. I'll probably head back to Colony 9 first, and see if any more sidequests have become available yet. I should also try to craft some more useful Ether gems.

@Tech101, I just ordered a Flame Red 3DS from Amazon, and it should arrive no later than June 12th. I'll post my friend code in my signature, as soon as it arrives. I'll also be adding RoryLee and Demonic. I believe you're already acquainted with them.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,025. Posted:

G4L wrote:

@Tech101, I just ordered a Flame Red 3DS from Amazon, and it should arrive no later than June 12th. I'll post my friend code in my signature, as soon as it arrives. I'll also be adding RoryLee and Demonic. I believe you're already acquainted with them.

[/div]

Yeah Rory and demon are cool. Seen your post on the heroes or ruin topic. I believe we are all getting that one. Can't wait to team up for some RPG looting!! :-)

I've been playing every chance I get. I'm up to 45hours now and about 100 side quests done. Im just past the part where Shulk meets Alvis (spelling not sure of here) for the first time. Can anyone tell me in a spoiler how far I am story wise from the end of the game? Also who's idea was it to put 500+ side quests in this game. I've felt like I've done a TON of them and still only at 100.

SPOILER..........
SPOILER......

I'm starting to get some IV ranked gems now. I just did that alter quest where you get the life scared out of you when those three giant spiders come chasing you on top of the fortress. I ran for my life at the first sight of a leg because I've seen that before LOL!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

1,026. Posted:

I'm at the end of the game but working on leveling up and getting every Monado art. Can someone tell me where to level up at level 78?

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,027. Posted:

@Tech101: I'd say you're about a third-ish of the way through at best, but it's probably more like a quarter of the way through now that i think about it lol

@SomeBitTripFan: at Level 78 I was hanging out in Prison Island — that stretch just before the Cathedral (PoNR, btw — don't enter that teleporter until you're absolutely, positively done leveling and sidequesting as much as you want!!!) has that unique monster that respawns quite frequently, and those Deinos, the flying things, and the nebulae are also decent XP. There's actually quite a few unique monsters in Prison Island, so make sure you explore the hell outta the place, lol. You can also go back to the Bionis' Interior and take on all those unique monsters as well, but idk, that area puts me to sleep.

If you get bored with Prison Island, at 78 you should be taking out normal enemies up to four or five levels above you (or at least i was?), so you can try hanging out on the Bionis' Leg (there's those gorilla-lookin' things you can level with, they're up by the hill that goes over the Tortas — i forget what it's called off top of my head lol). You can also go to Satorl Marsh and take out those guys up on the ridge that parallels the path to the platform where you unlock those seals and fight that boss or whatev', but be careful with those guys, lure them away from the others and pick them off one by one because some of them are still too high level for you to hit atm.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,028. Posted:

@Tech101, I believe you also know Zach. He's been a Wii console friend of mine for a longtime now. I don't think Zach desires to purchase, "Heroes of Ruin," at all, though. With you, Demonic, Rory and myself, we'll still have a full party for adventuring.

I'm not exactly sure how far into the story you are @Tech101. Someone informed me that I've completed about 35% of the game, so far. I described my location in the post above your's. I know how you feel, though. Completing so many sidequests is an extremely arduous task. I'm sorry to tell you this, but I believe you may have overlooked a good deal many of them. I know for a fact that I'm nearing at least 200 completed sidequests, but I've also completed every sidequest that's currently available in Frontier Village. You may wish to check back around Colony 9, and see if you may have overlooked any sidequests there. I'm heading back there the next time I play as well. You've most likely gathered some rather decent Ether crystals for Ether gem crafting by now. You may want to have a go at Ether gem crafting, if you decide to return to Colony 9. I didn't decide to run from those giant spiders. It was a challenging battle, but it was far from impossible. You should have no trouble defeating them, if you're party is at least in their level 30's. Just make sure you keep Shulk at a safe distance from the backside of the spiders. Help heal Reyn and Sharla, when they need it. Don't forget about healing yourself, though. Usually Sharla will need healing more often than Reyn, because Sharla usually keeps Reyn at a decent level of health. Use Shulk's, "Side Slash," and then use his, "Back Slash," until the party gauge fills. Begin a chain attack, and then you'll need to, "Break," with Shulk and, "Topple," with Reyn. etc... I'm sure you already know that whole process, by now. :D

@SomeBitTripFan, you could try battling any unique monsters you may not have defeated yet.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

1,029. Posted:

Hmm.. Prison Island? I've been beating enemies there quite easily, I'll combine that with some sidequests then. I reached the final boss, but couldn't beat him. Thanks for the help TBD.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,030. Posted:

@G4L Dang you know all the cool people! I think if Heroes of Ruin ends up being very good he will change his mind. Or we will have to change it for his own good LOL! ;-)

As for those spiders I just didn't want to take them all on at once. I did what tbd said to me in an earlier post and lured them away and fought them one by one. It was pretty easy as I was level 37. I just don't like small spiders then alone three giant ones chasing after me!!

I do know I'm missing quests here and there. Its just after doing so many I need to take a break and move on with the story from time to time. My next goal is to at least get colony 6 up to level one across the board. Once I started to rebuild all I was able to do was one commercial district rebuild. I was hoping I had a few more materials then that.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,031. Posted:

@SomeBitTripFan I'd advise going for the areas that you've previously been to that TBD mentioned as the gorilla like enemies on the bionis leg are level 77 - 80 and in the windy cave there is a room with a spider unique enemy as well as four of those web things that contain enemies which all contain more of those gorilla like enemies which are all at level 80. The gorilla like enemies that TBD mentioned that are in Satorl marsh are good to as they're around level 80 or higher.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Demmi-Alpha

1,032. Posted:

G4L wrote:

@demmi-defender, from start to finish, about how many total hours did you end up playing for?

Around 70ish, I think.

Artist and Game Designer

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455 | Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,033. Posted:

@SomeBitTripFan
SPOILERS
Once you start reaching levels in the 80s, Alcamoth is a great place to farm for EXP. after that becomes too easy, the Tephra Cave second part has up to Lv96 monsters.

Once even THAT is behind you, Thee Sage Summit on Valak Mountain contains Lv99s at night.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,034. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

in the windy cave there is a room with a spider unique enemy as well as four of those web things that contain enemies which all contain more of those gorilla like enemies which are all at level 80.

i'd forgotten about that! i totes went back in there and trashed that stupid spider while leveling pre-endgame... he nearly got me earlier in the game when i had to get that mushroom or whatever out from underneath his nose, haha D:

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,035. Posted:

I'm happy to say the game is starting to get good. It only took 18 hours! I've never played a game that started so slow, but it will hopefully only continue to get better. I'm still not doing many sidequests (or bothering with helping rebuild Colony 6) since it's really just my goal to beat the game. I just entered Makna Forest.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,036. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I'm happy to say the game is starting to get good. It only took 18 hours! I've never played a game that started so slow, but it will hopefully only continue to get better. I'm still not doing many sidequests (or bothering with helping rebuild Colony 6) since it's really just my goal to beat the game. I just entered Makna Forest.

1. Not doing sidequests = hope you like grinding. Probably.
2. The game isn't remotely different in quality from Bionis Leg to that point in the game so I am confused.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,037. Posted:

I haven't had to grind yet. But if I do end up severely underpowered because I choose not to do sidequests (which are worse than grinding in my opinion) that would be another huge flaw of the game.

As for what's changed, not a lot, but I'm finding ways to enjoy it more. I guess it's because my last play session was all around good. Usually there is at least a couple of things that drive me crazy each time I play. Hopefully my new assessment of the game isn't premature. And Makna Forest is beautiful.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

paburrows

1,038. Posted:

I just got to the leg, I've been just running around, first I went into a cave and came out to this small area with some short eagle looking things. I ran up to the bigger king looking one and then ran away since they all started chasing me, then I came upon some rock briges that crisscrossed nothingness, then I went up to these ruins with bug type creatures and tried grabbing a glowing red thing but a spider climbed out and got me. So I decided to go in a cave to the side and at the end was an overlook of some rock platforms over water. So I backtracked and climbed up to those and a bridge. Its actually quite fun to just wander around and see the sights and see what types of adventures you can get into.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,039. Posted:

Hey @Tech101, I registered your 3DS. My friend code is in my signature.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,040. Posted:

paburrows wrote:

some short eagle looking things.

Tirkins are so adorable~! it's so fun in this game how when you wind up overleveled in relation to the enemies in a given area, they stop attacking when you get near them... i like just hanging out with the Tirkins and watching them do their little dance. it's like they're asking me not to kill them or something D:

BEST THREAD EVER