Wii Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles

Showing 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,475

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,001. Posted:

Thanks @SKTTR, I was kind of thinking it may actually be in the river below.

Oh good, because I couldn't figure out any possible way to reach that area. I just wanted to ask now, because I'll be heading to the Eyrth Sea soon. I wanted to finish mapping the Makna Forest, before I moved onto a new location. I guess I'll have to wait until later in the game, though.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,002. Posted:

@theblackdragon

SPOILERS!!!

Maybe you're right. I had been comparing these elements of the story differently to you. I had been thinking of other JRPG protagonists that were reluctant to kill certain characters but still had to do it and thought it was portrayed better in those games. After reading your comment, I thought about it and realised that I hadn't played any other JRPGs where revenge is the main reason for the heroes actions so that could be why I thought about it differently. Also, about Mumkhar, I know that he knew about Fiora by those points but what I was saying was that he had all the intent of killing here at Colony 9 and his taunting outside the Ether mines shows how much he enjoyed that and I'm pretty sure he didn't know she would return at those points.

@TysonQ7 I thought the High Entia guards were killed and I didn't do that side quest so I didn't know about Tyrea surviving either.

END SPOILERS

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,003. Posted:

Need some help on two quest from the refugee camp.

The first one is locating the Violent Andante. It says its from sky stage but I've been up and down the whole area both night and day and I really don't see any monsters but a wisp. The description says its between Viliera Hill and Sky Stage.

Second is the White Eduardo at Raguel Lake. I still have never seen him then alone during a thunderstorm.

Please help so I can move on with the story.

Edit: Scratch the first one LOL. I found him like five seconds after I typed that. Wasn't where I thought he would be though!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,004. Posted:

I honestly never found Violent Adante, where is he?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,005. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I honestly never found Violent Adante, where is he?

[/div]

[/div]

Neither did I.

@Tech101 He won't appear there until you've beaten all the bird enemies on that island. Once you've done that, keep changing the time until there is a thunderstorm and he should be there.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,006. Posted:

OK so its on the small little island in the middle of the lake?

Oh and I found him just south of Viliera Hill between the two exit or entry points of Kiwi Cave.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,007. Posted:

@Tech101 Yep, that's the island he's on.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,008. Posted:

Thanks again. I just beat him and can move on now. I don't think I would've figured that one out.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,009. Posted:

@kkslider5552000, the Violent Andante is a HUGE Ardun. I was unable to locate him, for what seemed like forever. I finally located him around midday, inbetween the path that leads to Raguel Bridge and Vilera Hill. It didn't appear until I killed a ton of monsters in the immediate and surrounding area. I guess because I had already killed him before I received the sidequest, or it may be similar to the situation with the White Eduardo.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,010. Posted:

I finally beat the game tonight. that boss battle was nuts! :O

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,011. Posted:

I'm still in the Makna Forest, and I have a few sidequest questions for the elite few.

Frontier Village Sidequests:
1) Sweet Seduction
Investigate the source of the sweet smell.
2) Secret Ingredient Hunt
Grab a Monster Egg in the area of Twisted Tree Gate.

Makna Forest Sidequest:
1) Challenge
Kill the Shimmering Forte near the Eks Watering Hole. (On a Hot Day)

Questions:
1) I've been all over Makna Forest and Frontier Village, but I haven't been able to locate even one clue towards solving this mystery. Can someone please inform me as to where or how I need to investigate?
2) I searched the entire area surrounding the Twisted Tree Gate. I've been unable to locate a single item, let alone a Monster Egg. Can someone please inform me as to where I can locate this elusive Monster Egg?
3) First of all, how the hell can you possibly be able to tell if it's a hot day or not? Second of all, can someone please give me a description of the Shimmering Forte?

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,012. Posted:

@G4L I can help with the third question. When its a hot day, the air will look hazy and you will be able to see steam in the air and the Shimmering Forte is a dinosaur like enemy.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,013. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

OK then its confession time. How long did it take to beat it and about how many side quests did you complete? If you don't mind answering. Also one last one. Did you have an interest in completing a good deal of side quest or just wanted to get on with the main game.

I've played now for about 35 hours. Side quests are starting to take over what I've done lately. I would say the last 6-8 hours have been almost only side quests. I believe I've done every refugee camp one so I can now relocate them when I wont to since I just barely got to that point last night. I'm at the part of the story where I have to find the four items for the shrine I believe it is.

One last thing. I've tried and tried to kill that monster sitting on the throne in the fortress but have failed like 8 times. We are the same level so I guess ill wait another couple of levels before I attempt that again. He rips me apart a little to fast.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

1,014. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Nice! The only reason I haven't fought the Final Boss is I want to make EVERYONE HAPPY.
...Also I want to feel OP against the Final Boss.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,015. Posted:

Thank you, @FonistofCruxis. I guess I'll just have to ask some other gamers elsewhere, since nobody knows how to answer questions 1 & 2.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Demmi-Alpha

1,016. Posted:

Finally completed my first play-through of Xenoblade before I went to bed on Saturday night. Hours well spent on an amazing game! <3

Find me on: DeviantARTTumblrMyAnimeList

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,017. Posted:

@demmi-defender, from start to finish, about how many total hours did you end up playing for?

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,018. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

OK then its confession time. How long did it take to beat it

[/div]

my last save before the point of no return was about 96-something hours, and my NG+ save is at 99:49. Granted, that covers the entire endgame sequence, multiple boss battles, and my picking and choosing what I wanted to carry over in NG+, but it is what it is. :3

if you mean actual attempts at the final boss, his first form took me two tries, second form took me twelve or thirteen tries, and i blasted through the third form in one shot.

Tech101 wrote:

and about how many side quests did you complete?

[/div]

final pre-endgame save has 167 listed as completed, though i have 189 sitting in the queue total.

Tech101 wrote:

Also one last one. Did you have an interest in completing a good deal of side quest or just wanted to get on with the main game.

[/div]

i kinda fluctuated on this one — I didn't want to get mired in sidequesting, but I love running around talking to people so i'd pick up a lot of random quests. then, every so often as i went through the story I'd find myself in need of grinding, and as i fought the enemies in each area and collecting stuff, i'd wind up fulfilling most of the quests i'd picked up anyway.

Tech101 wrote:

One last thing. I've tried and tried to kill that monster sitting on the throne in the fortress but have failed like 8 times. We are the same level so I guess ill wait another couple of levels before I attempt that again. He rips me apart a little to fast.

[/div]

I'm assuming you mean the one in the Igna Fortress or whatever? it's been a while, but iirc, just enter from the side entrance, lure away the people surrounding him one-by-one (press d-pad down on the big 'enter battle' icon until you get to the purple arrow icon — that's Lure), and then take him down — that's the easiest way. Some unique monsters have quite the crowd around them, so lure away the ones you can. some of them are attached to their attending monsters and will attack along with them, though, so don't try to Lure away anything standing very close to the unique monster itself. if you're just trying to beat that quest and rescue the Nopon girl, you can sneak your way behind everyone in that throne room via the side entrance. just walk slowly and be careful, and if you're spotted, run like hell :3

@G4L: the guide I used to help me when i got stuck says that for 'Sweet Seduction', sell off any Walnut Grape you may have and then talk to Kofuko in Frontier Village. You'll get another quest, which you must complete, and then talk to Migaga to complete this one. As for the Mystery Egg, skip to the Eks Watering Hole, northeast of which is a circular-ish path leading to a ledge north of Twisted Tree Gate. the egg can be found there. give it to Gagada, then go see Bana.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,019. Posted:

I just met Venea.
please grow up — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,020. Posted:

@theblackdragon, thanks again. I decided to ask around on some other gaming forums, in the meantime. You're the only person who has been able to answer either of those questions, so far. Which is slightly humorous, considering you didn't even complete that many sidequests. By the way, what guide were you using? GameFAQs?

@Gamesake, I don't even want to know. :) lol

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro