Topic: wii successor: the rumor mill has exploded

Posts 261 to 272 of 272

komicturtle

Xkhaoz 3D wrote:

My favorite rumor ever.
Untitled
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=157058
All I see is Valve.

They updated saying the list is fake. If it IS fake.

Not surprised to see EPIC. Then again, let's say the console IS very strong- I would not care much about their games. Most of their titles look like dookie. And that's not good for my eyes D:

komicturtle

skywake

I like that deviantart mockup, it seems to work well with the rumors...... except for two things.

That controller hardly looks ergonomic, at the very least you'd expect the handles to "meet" with the frontside of the controller. Defeats the point of handles if you don't IMO.

The second thing that seems a bit strange is the start/select/home buttons above the screen. Not good design, above the screen they are hard to press. If you think they aren't hold a DS (any kind) and try to put your thumb above the bottom screen. It's not very natural and you have to move your hand to get into position which isn't what happens with buttons below the screen. Now imagine your DS had a 6" screen.... or a widescreen DSiXL.

To give a really quick example image demonstration thingo: this is a rough image showing where my thumbs can easily reach on a classic controller pro without my hands moving. Greyed out areas, obviously, show where my thumbs can reach.
Untitled
putting buttons on the top half of the controller in the middle doesn't work

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Nathan

The next Nintendo console should be called something like the 'Nite Treader', which you can only (mainly functioning as) play during your sleep. So here's the thing, you are really in the game this time folks... No more handheld controllers, no more TV even... Just your mind being hooked up to Hyrule, or piloting an F-Zero machine, etc, and your body being paralysed at this time of course. But maybe you'd like to play a platform game like Mario where you might need/want the traditonal controller option, that can be included as well, for normal daytime/evening playing.

Brawl friend code: 1418-8149-4165

komicturtle

It may be called 'Feel'

I definitely want to touch Bowser's spikes lol And feel the pain. Or even a Pikachu or Nintendog. I wouldn't doubt Nintendo using such a technology like that. They always seem to take some 'not so new' technology and bring it to gaming as if it was 'new'- especially since it is technically new to the average consumer.

komicturtle

Epic

komicturtle92 wrote:

It may be called 'Feel'

I definitely want to touch Bowser's spikes lol And feel the pain. Or even a Pikachu or Nintendog. I wouldn't doubt Nintendo using such a technology like that. They always seem to take some 'not so new' technology and bring it to gaming as if it was 'new'- especially since it is technically new to the average consumer.

Respawn will not be available in Conduit 3 if we add this.

PSN: Epic-ZX

Nathan

Yeah, 'Feel' is going to be a step in the right direction, but it's only a step, just like the Wii was.

Brawl friend code: 1418-8149-4165

Robo-goose

The controller will have the ability to shoot lasers at people you don't like. It will also be able to shoot lasers at people you DO like.

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

SigourneyBeaver

It would be fantastic if it did. Motion gaming is just getting going on the 360 and PS3, so if Nintendo goes in another different direction, where does that leave Sony and Microsoft halfway into their ten year lifecycles?

Sigourney Beaver.

komicturtle

Bring back the analogue sticks but please, don't forget the motion controls. I hope 3rd party devs don't give up on motion controls especially for FPS' because I will be genuinely upset about that. I won't buy their games if it doesn't support the Wii remote & nunchuk because I'm over the dual sticks for FPS' or adventure titles that make use of the motion splendidly.

komicturtle

SigourneyBeaver

Iwata's "new way of playing games in the home" quote is interesting. Again, they're leaving it to E3 for people to "experience it for themselves," which implies there's something involved that cannot be truly explained or understood by watching a video, just like with the Wii and 3DS. The only thing we know of that fits this description is the Wii Vitality Sensor. But that would be a major anti-climax because we already know about it.

I've got to think it will be some kind of hub that sends pictures to screens in the controllers. But that presents its own problems with the controllers being ungainly if they have traditional controls built in. However, if the controller is solely a touch screen, that would be rubbish because there's no feedback to a touchscreen device and a software controller interface laid over a game screen is annoying. But if there's no TV screen involved there's also no speakers. Not everyone connects to external audio equipment. Then you'll need speakers in the controller and you're getting towards a more portable experience.

I just can't get my head around what they can come up with.

Sigourney Beaver.

Henmii

I hope the rumors about the console being very strong and Nintendo finally embracing third-party's are true. Wouldn't it be nice if Nintendo could tip the scale by releasing their console earlier then the competition (Microsoft could show their next console at this years E3, But Sony will wait a little longer) and scoop away all good third-party games. And when traditional gamers all go for the Nintendo consoles, Microsoft and Sony are in tears!

What worries me though is it's controller. I personally still hope for a enhanced wiimote with some new stuff. The wiimote was awesome in it's simplicity and I always say: If you can do a 3D Zelda with it, that's enough! It doesn't have to be more complex then that!
And I cannot imagine Nintendo to ditch the motion stuff and just go back to the good old days of traditional controllers. That feels like a step back!

Besides: Wouldn't it be a shame that when there is finally the chance of good shooters coming to Nintendo, the ultimate controller for it (the wiimote) isn't there anymore? That's not good!

But in the end the games are the most important. Next week we know all!

"But if there's no TV screen involved there's also no speakers"

All that talk about "no tv needed": NOOOOOO!!
They have a new handheld called the 3DS. 2 handhelds from Nintendo while totally ditching home-consoles? That would be lame! I want to play the succesor to Skyward sword on a proper screen!! If I from now on only stare at small screens, I would go totally blind!

"Motion gaming is just getting going on the 360 and PS3, so if Nintendo goes in another different direction, where does that leave Sony and Microsoft halfway into their ten year lifecycles?"

That would be ironic: When the opposition jumps on the motion bandwagon, Nintendo says: Well, the plans have changed. Now we are hardcore. You probably don't mind if we scoop away all the good games, do ya?

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.