Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 601 to 620 of 964

AuthorMessage

Bankai

601. Posted:

Hope someone can tell me if it's worth sticking with SW3. Hope the game offers something more interesting, like, when playing with other characters maybe?! There might be a chance that I picked the worst character and got a bad first impression. What is your favourite character? Who has the best story? The best missions? The game really needs to show me something cool, because the start was dull. The mechanics and everything is great and pretty polished, and the fmv's are excellent, so I'd love to give this a second chance.

Try reading about the history of the characters. Most of SW's characters (with a few notable exceptions like Kunoichi, which is Japanese for "female ninja," and not an individual at all) are based on historical counterparts, and their stories and the battles in the game is loosely based on what happened in real life.

That's what got me into the game, was the historical relevance. I read some books on Sengoku history, and do some research, and the game became that much more enjoyable to me.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

kribsykirbs

602. Posted:

Does anybody know about any graphic adventure/puzzle games on the wii? I already have Another Code R and Zack & Wiki.

My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2578-3560-0869

AuthorMessage

kribsykirbs

603. Posted:

Thanks. I already have Broken Sword for the Ds but I´m interested in the others :D

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

604. Posted:

kirby97 wrote:

Does anybody know about any graphic adventure/puzzle games on the wii? I already have Another Code R and Zack & Wiki.

I really liked Telltale's "Tales of Monkey Island" and the two "Sam & Max" seasons, despite them being poor ports. "StrongBad's Cool Game for Attractive People" wasn't bad either (have only beaten the first epsiode, will buy the others one day too).

I also have "The Golden Compass" which is a decent movie adaption made by Shiny and published by SEGA, it has quite some interesting ideas for a point&click and some variety (like platforming/puzzle/action bits).

Nothing can beat "Another Code R" though.

As I'm browsing through my collection, I found another one that I highy recommend - "ENDLESS OCEAN 2" (and 1) - it's an underwater adventure/exploration point&click. It's not a point&click in the classic sense, but still very similiar somehow - with a story and adventure and puzzles etc.

I have another graphic adventure/puzzle - "Safecracker" - where you explore a mansion, find hints, and solve puzzles. It's not the best game of it's kind, and it has some very difficult puzzles, but it's ok since it's very cheap nowadays.

The next graphic adventure puzzle that I want to get on the Wii is mixed with an object-finding game: "Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident". Looks intriguing.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

SteveW

605. Posted:

I overlooked the Remington and Cabela's games for years, I never thought I'd like them but they are excellent, the Top Shot Elite rifle is great, the Wii is the perfect system for all those games. Over the past year I ended up buying them all because most of the games are $10-$20. If you like light gun shooters check them out.

SteveW

AuthorMessage

kribsykirbs

606. Posted:

I really liked Telltale's "Tales of Monkey Island" and the two "Sam & Max" seasons, despite them being poor ports. "StrongBad's Cool Game for Attractive People" wasn't bad either (have only beaten the first epsiode, will buy the others one day too).

I also have "The Golden Compass" which is a decent movie adaption made by Shiny and published by SEGA, it has quite some interesting ideas for a point&click and some variety (like platforming/puzzle/action bits).

Nothing can beat "Another Code R" though.

As I'm browsing through my collection, I found another one that I highy recommend - "ENDLESS OCEAN 2" (and 1) - it's an underwater adventure/exploration point&click. It's not a point&click in the classic sense, but still very similiar somehow - with a story and adventure and puzzles etc.

I have another graphic adventure/puzzle - "Safecracker" - where you explore a mansion, find hints, and solve puzzles. It's not the best game of it's kind, and it has some very difficult puzzles, but it's ok since it's very cheap nowadays.

The next graphic adventure puzzle that I want to get on the Wii is mixed with an object-finding game: "Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident". Looks intriguing.

Thanks for those good ideas. I agree with you, Another Code R is great. I'm interested in Sam and Max Season 1. Is it good even with the framerate issues? I also agree with you about Mystery Case Files, it looks like a really solid game.

Edited on by kribsykirbs

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

kribsykirbs

607. Posted:

I decided to choose Mysims Agents for now but later I'll also buy Mystery Case Files.
Thanks for all the help! :D

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

608. Posted:

I loved SM3, and Murasame Castle was a good addition IMO, though I see some hated it. I'm a sucker for finding hidden items in stages. I went to WIkipedia and looked up Masamune Date, I loved that when I was reading it, I actually knew who they were, and what war they fought in.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

609. Posted:

I'm trying to decide between purchasing Boom Blox or Mercury Meltdown: Revolution. Can you guys help me decide which one to buy, or is there a better retail puzzler title available for Wii?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

610. Posted:

Other than the dark color palette, is there anymore reason to purchase Boom Blox over it's sequel Bash Party @vonseux? I've done some research and Bash Party receives higher ratings everywhere I look. (<:

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

611. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Other than the dark color palette, is there anymore reason to purchase Boom Blox over it's sequel Bash Party @vonseux? I've done some research and Bash Party receives higher ratings everywhere I look. (<:

This sounds like the second BOOM BLOX game, Bash Party, is probably the better one. More game modes and advanced tech. It might just have a darker tone / different setting for some people. I think I should be getting both (because at least they each have tons of different stages) if I can get them for cheap. The game was an idea by Steven Spielberg, wasn't it?

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

612. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

I'm trying to decide between purchasing Boom Blox or Mercury Meltdown: Revolution. Can you guys help me decide which one to buy, or is there a better retail puzzler title available for Wii?

Mercury Meltdown was a soulless depressing experience, at least it was for me based on the 2 hours I played of it. :p
I'd avoid at all costs unless you want to catch a Wii STD. lol

Anyways, the original Boom Blox has been added to my list of games to get hehe. B-)
Yet I can't seem to gather up the muster fuster to try out Cursed Mountain, OR De Blob especially.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

613. Posted:

Yes @SKTTR, it is a Steven Spielberg production. I geuss I'll be purchasing both as well, but I'm going to snatch up a copy of Bash Party first. Thanks for the warning @WaveBoy, I think I'll pass on Mercury Meltdown. The screenshots did look a trifle blah. (<:

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

614. Posted:

@WaveBoy, did you know you Bash Party can download some of the puzzles from the original Boom Blox through the EA servers?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

615. Posted:

I'm eventually going to pick up Boom Blox as well @vonseux, but copies of Bash Party are disappearing quickly at Amazon. And you really can't find a new copy for less than $30 w/shipping, or can you? Boom Blox is still in stock from a few different sellers and the price won't increase that much in the future. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

616. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Why only recommend the original @vonseux? Even nintendolife has stated that Bash Party is the better version.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

617. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Why only recommend the original @vonseux? Even nintendolife has stated that Bash Party is the better version.

It's bigger, but has no charm

Kind of like Mega Man 10 when compared to the the charm infested MM9. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

618. Posted:

@vonseux I've changed my mind and pre-ordered a copy of Fishing Resort instead. I'll save myself $10 this way and I'm fairly sure I'll enjoy it more than Bash Party. I've been playing Muramasa and Elebits so much, I probably wouldn't have enough time for Boom Blox anyways. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

619. Posted:

For anyone who requires many hours of use from their WiiMotes, I would definitely recommend purchasing some Sanyo eneloop AA rechargeable batteries. They hold a charge for over 3 years and can be recharged up to 1500X. A much better alternative compared to anything else currently available on the market and 4 AA batteries w/charger only set me back $19.10¢
The rechargeable battery pack I'm currently using only has 500 mAh and the Sanyo's I'll be recieving are 2000 mAh. (<:

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

620. Posted:

@WiiAboutU: Dude go back CLICK ON THE EDIT BUTTON of your last post rather than do 20 posts in a row.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311