Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 926

Matillion

n0body wrote:

So I heard about this niche game released only in Europe called Zeno's Blade or something along those lines. Granted with a name like that it's probably just some cheesy-japaneesy, emo hack n'slash, but I hear its built up a small cult following...
Should I consider getting it when it hits the bargain bin?

Don't listen to SKTTR, this game is awesome,
and I haven't even played it yet. http://www.youtube.com/xenobladewii Check this for footage, etc.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

Gamesake

Gonna recommend Pikmin 2. Because it's better than Little King's Story in every way, even though it was made almost seven years ago. Oh, wait--the new Wii isn't backwards compatible with GameCube games... never mind.

...in my pants.

Mabbit

Gamesake wrote:

Gonna recommend Pikmin 2. Because it's better than Little King's Story in every way, even though it was made almost seven years ago. Oh, wait--the new Wii isn't backwards compatible with GameCube games... never mind.

Well then, it's a good thing that nobody's bought the new Wii yet.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

You wont be disappointed with Batman the Brave and the Bold Waveboy especially if you have someone to play the co-op with you. My son rented that from Blockbuster and after watching him play the first level I had to jump in an play it with him.

Wow you have never played or liked a Batman game since Batman on the NES?

Have you ever tried Batman Returns on SNES or The Adventures of Batman and Robin on SNES? If you havent I suggest you check them out especially if you liked the Tim Burton movie or the 90's animated series.

I think I may of played a bit of Batman returns for the SNES, but not too much of it. Wasn't it a brawler? As for the original Nes Batman...That game brought me to tears of frustration back when i was 6.lol I think it's the first time where a videogame ever made me cry due to difficulty.

And good to here the positivity with Batman & The Brave, i'm pretty pumped for it! Hell, even the cartoon itself seemed pretty great based on the few episodes that I've seen. And plus WayForward is behind it so that gets me even more hyped.

Yeah Batman Returns was a brawler alot like Final Fight or TMNT IV: Turtles in Time, in fact it was made by Konami. Another great thing about it is its got the awesome Danny Elfman soundtrack from the movie as well which adds to the mood to the game definitely one of the best movie based games I ever played.

OMG I hated the NES Batman just for the difficulty alone. Yep out of all my NES games I had when I was a kid Batman, Battletoads and Ninja Gaiden 2 were the only ones I never finished due to the difficulty. In Batman I would always get to the third level I think it was, the one that was in a cave or some underground thing.

Personally I always liked the Gameboy Batman alot more than the NES one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

VTviking

Xenoblade, Xenoblade and more Xenoblade

VTviking

n0body

WaveBoy wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

I'm dieing to play Pikmin 2, as i had a flat out wonderful time with Pikmin NPC for the Wii, but i have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time going back to analog controls with the curser in the GCN version....It pisses me off to no end that Nintendo never bothered to release Pikmin NPC 2 in the US...

I imported NPC Pikmin 2 (as a test case for Xenoblade, in fact) and it works perfectly for me using Gecko and forcing 60Hz. Granted my TV can display PAL, but it's worth every penny I spent on it.
Regarding Dewy's Adventure, I have both that game and Elebits. Dewy clearly had a lot of heart and creativity put into it (not to mention polish), but I feel the controls and camera don't live up to the rest of the experience. Those being pretty much the two most crucial elements in a good platformer, the game felt about average to me in the long run. It's too bad the team that made Dewy and Elebits wasn't allowed to continue working on Wii, as I feel they would have eventually struck gold.

n0body

Matillion

I want Xeno, but I'm worried about the dual disc thing.
What now?

3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

Matillion

Gamesake wrote:

Tough choice if you can only get one. Those are both awesome Wii games. I would pick Tatsunoko vs. Capcom because it's not on the Xbox 360 (yet). I did enjoy playing Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing more than TVC, but I like racing games better than fighting games. Especially fighting games filled with old school anime characters no one's ever heard of before.

I prefer racing over fighting, but I like anime characters. And I'd like to know which has better online, since
I rarely play offline-multiplayer.

3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

pikku

Punch Out

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Ren

I too was an Elebits fan. From the launch games it was one of the best. So much to interact with and lots of replay value. Even the level editor was pretty cool, if a little before it's time with the internet function. I just wish there were a way to play it so it didn't slow down once things get really busy.
I wish there were a search function in these boards, I'd like to find anyone who has played DeBlob 2. I wonder if it's as good as the first one, which I loved. Reviews are pretty mixed. the negative reviews say that the save function is really bad, but it wasn't great in the first one either and I could live with that. Overall, though, is it still as cool as the first one?

Ren

SKTTR

Project-L wrote:

Which Nintendo Selects should I purchase?

Punch-Out!! or Super Paper Mario

Super Paper Mario if you want a good platformer RPG mix.
Punch-Out!! if you want a good boxing game.

Personally I prefer Super Paper Mario.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Gamesake

Matillion wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

Tough choice if you can only get one. Those are both awesome Wii games. I would pick Tatsunoko vs. Capcom because it's not on the Xbox 360 (yet). I did enjoy playing Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing more than TVC, but I like racing games better than fighting games. Especially fighting games filled with old school anime characters no one's ever heard of before.

I prefer racing over fighting, but I like anime characters. And I'd like to know which has better online, since
I rarely play offline-multiplayer.

My Internet connection sucks for games, so hopefully someone else here can help you. I can say it was usually easier for me personally to find an online match in Tatsunoko vs Capcom than it was in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing. My Sonic racing games ran a lot smoother than Tatsunoko once I found a match, though. Tatsunoko was unplayable for me online. I'd be doing great and then my connection would drop and one second later I'd be dead on the ground wondering what happened.

Project-L wrote:

I didn't care for Super Paper Mario. Mainly because it wasn't as funny as Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door for the GameCube (RIP). I'd go for Punch Out!! if you were a fan of the original NES game. For $20 I'd buy it myself but the crowd's flash photography makes a strobe effect that gives me a splitting headache after an hour. Hope you don't have epilepsy.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

Link245

Project-L wrote:

While I have never played Punch-Out, I am strongly against Super Paper Mario. The original Paper Mario is one of my favorite games of all time and I loved the sequel as well, but this game took away all the elements that made the first two games so great. Do not buy. I ended up selling my copy.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

Chrono_Cross

Link245 wrote:

Project-L wrote:

While I have never played Punch-Out, I am strongly against Super Paper Mario. The original Paper Mario is one of my favorite games of all time and I loved the sequel as well, but this game took away all the elements that made the first two games so great. Do not buy. I ended up selling my copy.

I didn't. Super Paper Mario is the best game of the 3 Paper Marios. It's amazing!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

Punch-Out!! is brilliant, you'd be crazy not to get it.
Dare I say it, it's better than the Nes original....Which c'mon now, it IS...If you take off the wonderful sparkly fluorecent Nostalgia shades. I especially love it whent he oppents come back for revenge in Title Defense, AND prepared!
Weather it's King Hippo duck taping a sewer lid to his belly, or Glass Joe wearing Head gear to pretect his fragile little head ect ect, it's always amusing, fun and interesting to find their new tricky weaknesses and the like.

The original Punch-Out!! was amazing when it first hit the scene, and it's so memorable and iconic PLUS Mike Tyson in all of his unstoppable glory made his Final Boss 8-bit debut. But, Punch-Out!! Wii does it better, it's just that it's nowhere near as fresh, since it's more like a remake of the first, yet it offers a deeper and more complex pattern based gameplay experience, plus Disco Kid and a special other character have made their way into the roster. Bear Hugger from Super Punch-Out!! is also in there and more.

If anything, Super Punch-Out!! is the weakest of the three....It got a little too crazy, since some of the boxers you were fighting, weren't even boxers.lol But holy crap did i get a kick out of the Narcist Prince....Tis a shame he never made his prissy mushroom cut-headed return.

OMG Waveboy liking a newer version of a game rather than the original . J/K dude.

Super Punch Out!! for me holds a speical spot for me since that was the first Punch Out game I really got into and even beat. I rented Mike Tysons several times when I was younger but I never really did get far I always ended up losing to Soda Popinski. But yeah Super Punch Out didnt make too much sense with Dragon Chan and his kicking and the old man with the stick I was like WTF when did this become a street fight. Also I didnt like the one round only match and the fact that you couldnt win by decision either. And yes I too would love to see Narcist Prince make a return as well.

But enough of that I have to agree Punch Out!! Wii is beautifully down whatever The Original Punch Out does Punch Out Wii does better. I wish they would have included more people from Super Punch Out instead of just Bear Hugger and Aran Ryan.

Anyone who was on the fence with Punch Out!! would be silly to pass on it now at the Nintendo Select price.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic