Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 926

Tasuki

@Waveboy: I actually liked the single player. I was a HUGE fan of the N64 version in fact it was the reason I got the 64 over the PS but thats another story. I felt that the single player of GoldenEye Wii was just as good as the N64 version if not better. Just the fact that there was more that you can do action wise and that the levels were longer and flowed smoother was alot better improvement. Like for example I like the fact that you can sneak up behind guards ie Solid Snake style was great. Unlike the N64 version where all you can do is a crappy chop.

As for saying its its like CoD with a coat of James Bond paint is somewhat right but it makes sense like I said the fact that you can sneak up on guards Metal Gear style rather than shooting is great. I am not a fan of CoD games but I love the hell out of GoldenEye. If you can find a good deal on it I say go for it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bonesy91

Just decided to pick up a new game to add to my ever growing library, but wanted some insight.

Little Kings story.
my worries: length of the game, the blurry effect... is it as bad as I've seen in videos?

I loved Pikmin 1 & 2, but didn't want to pick up 1 again (can't get 2, since NA never got NPC Pikmin 2).

thanks

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

kkslider5552000

I dunno, I thought the single player was "so ok, it's average" outside of a few cool parts.

GET LITTLE KING'S STORY. I don't remember anything blurry. The game's about 30 hours. GET IT. GET IT RIGHT NOW. It took Pikmin and made it better.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

bonesy91

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I dunno, I thought the single player was "so ok, it's average" outside of a few cool parts.

GET LITTLE KING'S STORY. I don't remember anything blurry. The game's about 30 hours. GET IT. GET IT RIGHT NOW. It took Pikmin and made it better.

lol Well, that's all the info I needed to know. Will definitely pick it up then.
Thanks

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

KaiserGX

Worms Battle Islands, it.s 9.99 on Walmart.com. and 19.99 at Gamestop new.

It has everything you would want from a Worms title (minis poison weapons) and the game's physics are one of the best. The War Room is a good feature as well. Thing about this version is that it's not streamlined, like the 2 on Xbox Live and PSN.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

kaw270

Okami or Twilight princess I want a long action adventure game with some replay value, which one?

rolLTheDice

Hard to say, kaw270. How about getting both sooner or later ?

In all earnestness though ... If you're in for a very Japanese presentation and a lot of their cultural influences i'd say go for Okami. (It's not that you have to know Japan very well to enjoy the game though.) It felt fresh, humorous and even heartwarming in a lot of places. Gameplay's very good too.

On the other hand you have Twilight Princess which is a great game too. I found it had its epic moments too and roughly you know what you're getting from a Zelda game. It just felt a bit too familiar and over-ambitious in some places.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Gamesake

@kaw270 I'd go with Twilight Princess. The Wii version of Okami isn't half as good as it was on the PS2 (broken motion controls, muddy visuals), whereas Twilight Princess on the Wii is considered the definitive version of the game.

...in my pants.

Lan

kaw270 wrote:

Okami or Twilight princess I want a long action adventure game with some replay value, which one?

Zelda's longer. Neither have much replay value though

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

CanisWolfred

@Gamesake

The hell you talkin' 'bout? The Wii version plays just fine. The only problem with the combat controls are that you have to learn the rhythm to it, only the nunchuk movements are broken, and you don't need them anyways. Everything else works just fine, and the visuals actually look cleaner without the paper filter.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Lan

@Mickeymac I had problems with the nunchuck at first but if you do the movement correctly it works every time.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

citizenerased

16:9, faster load times and faster paint controls alone are enough to recommend Okami Wii over PS2.

Plus, they're like 60 hours. They don't need replayvalue. Having said that, I've played through Twilight Princess 3 times and starting my second go on Okami soon.

Anyway, I'd pick Okami if you've already played a bunch of Zeldas and feel like something fresh. But Zelda's the more polished one. In short, get both.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Gamesake

Mickeymac wrote:

@Gamesake

The hell you talkin' 'bout? The Wii version plays just fine. The only problem with the combat controls are that you have to learn the rhythm to it, only the nunchuk movements are broken, and you don't need them anyways. Everything else works just fine, and the visuals actually look cleaner without the paper filter.

I'm talking about broken controls, just like you mentioned. Also the Wii version rarely recognised what I was drawing. It was frustrating and in no way better than the PS2 version. On top of that, I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned the fuzzy visuals on Okami for Wii. I tried adjusting the game options but they only made things worse. I didn't have that problem on the PS2. I suppose it could be a compatibility issue with my TV but it's strange that out of over a hundred Wii games Okami is the only one that looks hazy.

...in my pants.

Willerz

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

I'm not too sure at all about this one...I never really cared for the SNES versions of 1,2 and 3 on the SNES version of All-Stars growing up. While they were neat to play around with, they just lacked the charm and vibe of the NES originals. But it was still such a funky SNES-afied Mario Collection to have. The title screen and Title selection screen back back memories hehe.

Yet Lost Levels seemed like such a crappy half assed boring sequal...It makes sense in America why? they called it Lost Levels in the first place. But for some reason, playing it semi tarnishes my wonderful memories of SMB1 for some reason.

Anyways, has anybody else passed on this collection? It's a wee' bit pricey on eBay, I mean I'm leaning towards getting it because for me it would just be kinda cool to have. BUt knowing me, I'd only play SMB1,2 and 3 for maybe 10 minutes each, and end up trying to actually beat Lost Levels, but part of me just doesn't care.

I know exactly how you feel with this one. I've considered buying it a few times but never have. I can see myself just playing them all for a few minutes and then getting bored. I already have the original SMB, SMB2 and SMB3 on virtual console so it's not really worth it for me. But still, I'm interested to hear what people have to say 'cos if I've ever got any extra cash I might buy it.

Twitter || Backloggery

3DS: 3780 - 9266 - 7113

CanisWolfred

Gamesake wrote:

I'm talking about broken controls, just like you mentioned.

Except no one ever uses the Nunchuck anyways. It's only assigned to one completely optional and useless move.

Gamesake wrote:

Also the Wii version rarely recognised what I was drawing.

I never had this problem. It worked perfectly for me. Maybe your Wii Remote needed adjusting or something?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SKTTR

Okami Wii is the definite version for me too. Graphics are of course better than on PS2. I dunno what PS2 version he played, but it's not what I've noticed. I guess it's the "black demon dust" and other graphical effects, that are exclusive to / or more prominent in the Wii version, that distract owners of the PS2 version.
16:9 is of course another advancement over the PS2 graphics.

Mickeymac's right on the controls. The dodge move with the Nunchuk is useless, but hey, it works with a little practice, so I'm not even saying that it's broken. But painting with pointer controls is MUCH better on the Wii. In fact, it makes gameplay, puzzles and combat much faster and fluid so that it is hard to go back playing this with an analog stick.

From what I've read, Okami Wii had some bugs removed that were present in the PS2 version (though Okami Wii once froze in my 68hour playthrough), and lots of extra bonuses (videos, artwork). So that makes the Wii package even better.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

FOREST_RANGER

Hello, any recommendations for horror games on Wii, preferably with emphasis on atmosphere? I love Resident Evil, but ever since 5, I need something else to fulfill my horror games craving (not that I stopped loving Resident Evil).

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic