Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 926

Radixxs

@Gamesake @SKTTR: Thanks, I think I'll go with Sonic Colors then. I was worried about the replay value, but it sounds good to me! I may have to rent the other two...

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

SKTTR

soccer686 wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Now that Twilight Princess is on Wii selects I'd recommend that to anybody with a Wii. It's one of this generation's best adventure games, topped only by Uncharted 2.

Also, if you're looking for something a bit more out-there, check out Rockstar's under-appreciated project Bully. It's got GTA-style open world gameplay but set within the confines of a school. It's not nearly as violent or raunchy as GTA (whether or not that's a good thing depends on your taste), but it's still got the brilliant humor and superb art direction.

Not to mention its one of the only open world games on wii at all

I love Bully: Scholarship Edition. Definately the best open world game on Wii.
If you look for other open world games on the Wii I absolutely recommend The Godfather: Blackhand Edition.
There's also Scarface: The World Is Yours which is pretty good and comes in third.
Last and least we got Driver: Parallel Lines which is decent.

I only have those four (greetings to Yossarian who got me the UK uncut versions) Any other open worlds on the Wii?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

bonesy91

Hey guys,
well I've been looking to build up my Wii collection (seeing as most Wii games are going for such low prices) but I'm stuck between which of these games I want to pick up first.

Arc Rise Fantasia (heard its an awesome game, but the voice acting is pathetic)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world (I played it and liked it, but kind of wanted to add it to the collection)
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga (don't know much about this one)

thanks

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

CanisWolfred

Personally, I'd recommend you'd pick other games, but since you're serious about this, I'll recommend Arc Rise Fantasia. It's just an okay game, though, except for the voice acting, which is as bad as you've heard. The battle system is interesting, but not as interesting as I'd hoped. The story and characters are just okay, nothing really stands out about them. The art is probably the best part about the game, yet it's still more or less generic anime. Really, nothing about this game makes it stand out from the zillions of JRPGs out there.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Waveboy, from now on, I recommend you stop using your head and just play your G-ddamn games. Just close your eyes, grab a game, and play whatever you pick. Or better yet, start a backloggery and use the fortune cookie from now on. It'll always pick the best games for you.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Burny

Kid_A wrote:

Now that Twilight Princess is on Wii selects I'd recommend that to anybody with a Wii. It's one of this generation's best adventure games, topped only by Uncharted 2

...which I'd qualify as a pretty straight forward 3rd person shooter with some platforming elements.

As brilliantly cinematic as it was, there really wasn't anything in Uncharted 2 I'd associate with (action-)adventure games. Unless looking for blinking lights in impossible spots counts as exploration and about a handful puzzles thrown into ~10 hours of shooting stuff and on-rails platforming make it puzzle-heavy.

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

Chrono_Cross

NMH 2 is approximately 8 hours. Depending on if you do all of the side jobs or not.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

Dead Space: Extraction is definitely longer than House of the Dead 2 but still somewhat short. I think. Maybe 6-8 hours.

Really awesome game, mainly because it really plays just like if Dead Space was a rail shooter (actually did a far better job than Umbrella Chronicals imo).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryno

@WaveBoy I dont have any of the rail shooters that you mentioned other than Darkside Chronicles (just not a big fan) so I cannot comment on those but if you are a RE fan I definitely recommend it. It has different difficulty levels so it can be a good challenge and will last many hours because you can play as 1 character then go back and play as the other. Also, I would love to see an RE2 remake in the fashion of Darkside Chronicles and this is coming from somone who is not big into remakes. Plus you get some cool RE back story if you are into that sort of thing.

My wife has a Wii Fit (not plus) and yeah it is fun... for a little while then it gets tired really quick. I say don't waste your video game dollars on this!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

So I missed Muramasa, and just did some quick research. Looks pretty awesome and I love Ninja like fighters so looks like that is one to add to the list.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

n0body

How is Epic Mickey, guys?

n0body

SKTTR

What games do you think are needed to have a good Wii collection?
I list all the big maybe's (games that I don't have on my wishlist)

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands?
Conduit 1 & 2?
Deadly Creatures?
Any good Need for Speed games on the Wii? Any Need for Speed game I should avoid?
With so many Sonic games on the Wii (I have not a single one), a question to all fans: what is your Sonic Top 3?

Any other must-owns & recommendations (that are not in my collection/backloggery yet?
http://www.backloggery.com/games.php?user=SKTTR&console=Wii

n0body

SKTTR wrote:

What games do you think are needed to have a good Wii collection?
I list all the big maybe's (games that I don't have on my wishlist)

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands?
Conduit 1 & 2?
Deadly Creatures?
Any good Need for Speed games on the Wii? Any Need for Speed game I should avoid?
With so many Sonic games on the Wii (I have not a single one), a question to all fans: what is your Sonic Top 3?

Any other must-owns & recommendations (that are not in my collection/backloggery yet?
http://www.backloggery.com/games.php?user=SKTTR&console=Wii

With all the interest in Pandora's Tower recently, I actually started thinking about Forgotten Sands again. They seem to have many elements in common, and are both considered at least good.
Regarding Need for Speed I'm pretty certain the correct answer is to avoid them as much as possible on Wii. If you love Racing games these should all be better: Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing, ExciteBots, TrackMania Wii, Speed Racer, FAST (WiiWare), FZERO GX and Wave Race (the last two being for GC)

edit: also, Instead of Conduit 1/2, get GoldenEye for your Wii FPS fix. Other games I don't see on your list that you might like are Klonoa, NiGHTS, de Blob 2, Trauma Team, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Endless Ocean 2, Rogue Trooper, Pearl Harbor Trilogy (WiiWare), Kirby's Epic Yarn, MadWorld, Epic Mickey, NBA JAM, Sonic Colors, StrongBad series (WiiWare)... and.. I think I'll leave it at that, for now

Edited on by n0body

n0body

SKTTR

n0body wrote:

With all the interest in Pandora's Tower recently, I actually started thinking about Forgotten Sands again. They seem to have many elements in common, and are both considered at least good.
Regarding Need for Speed I'm pretty certain the correct answer is to avoid them as much as possible on Wii. If you love Racing games these should all be better: Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing, ExciteBots, TrackMania Wii, Speed Racer, FAST (WiiWare), FZERO GX and Wave Race (the last two being for GC)

edit: also, Instead of Conduit 1/2, get GoldenEye for your Wii FPS fix. Other games I don't see on your list that you might like are Klonoa, NiGHTS, de Blob 2, Trauma Team, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Endless Ocean 2, Rogue Trooper, Pearl Harbor Trilogy (WiiWare), Kirby's Epic Yarn, MadWorld, Epic Mickey, NBA JAM, Sonic Colors, StrongBad series (WiiWare)... and.. I think I'll leave it at that, for now

Hi, thanks. That's a lot of recommendations. Anything that I really shouldn't miss? I'm open for everything and like all genres and kinds of games.

Quick rundown: From the racing games I'd really love to get Excitebots but it's not released in EU. I think I have to go with SEGA All-Stars Racing and Trackmania. I hoped there was one good Need for Speed game on the Wii like Most Wanted (that was a good one on Xbox). I wanted to get FAST Racing League but retail is priority at the moment. WiiWare won't run away. I already have F-Zero GX and Wace Race: Blue Storm and any other worthwile Gamecube-racer. That leaves Speed Racer to be the last one of the bunch. And I know next to nothing about it. Movie license, generic name, overlooked, forgotten. Pros & cons?

From the next bunch GoldenEye, Endless Ocean 2 and Kirby's Epic Yarn are high on my soon-to-get-list.
Trauma Team is another fantastic game that wasn't released here.
MadWorld is not available in my country but I know someone nice from England who picked it up for me. So I will be getting it soon.
Strong Bad is really intriguing. I played the first one and enjoyed it very much, but I think it's a little expensive for 1000pts per episode. I always wondered, is Pearl Harbor Trilogy a trilogy? Or just the first part of three games?
And the rest of the games are definately on my radar. I'll be getting them when they hit a price I want to pay.
From highest to lowest priority: Epic Mickey > Sonic Colors > Tatsunoko vs. Capcom > Klonoa > NiGHTS > Rogue Trooper > NBA JAM > de Blob 2.

rolLTheDice

Muramasa comes highly recommended. It's kind of a more Japan-centered Ninja - version of the Metroidy Castlevania games. Less skills in good jumping but more in well-timed slashing required though.
Sonic Colors really felt good to me. A 3D Sonic made fun and mostly funny cutscenes instead of a senseless back story / hub world.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

kkslider5552000

LTD wrote:

Sonic Colors really felt good to me. A 3D Sonic made fun and mostly funny cutscenes instead of a senseless back story / hub world.

So it really IS just Unleashed without the Werehog.

kkslider5552000

WaveBoy wrote:

Golden Eye 007
Here's another one I'm semi interesed in, but i hear people saying it's basically just another Call of Duty with a coat of James Bonde paint.

In a lot of ways yeah. But it works because for a modern day FPS it is fairly basic but just a well made and fun game. It never feels like it's trying to be anything more than what it is, and it works because of that. Nothing amazing but I had far more fun with it than the last couple of Call of Dutys so there's that.

But if you aren't a huge fan of multiplayer and online, don't even bother.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic