Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 301 to 320 of 956

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

301. Posted:

Well, I put in around an hour with T vs C, and While it looks like it will please Marvel Vs Capcom fans, it just doesn't quite do it for me. It's a bit button mashy and chaotic, and what's the deal with the generic arcade-y japanese trance tunes during a match? It doesn't make the action feel kenetic, or anything...It's just not fitting, lazy and for me it's actually kind of depressing, makes the vibe feel a smidge lifeless.lol

And I've gotta say, the graphics are very pretty, and to me it looks better than SSFIV on the 3DS. And I've never seen a more dazzling and beautiful Ryo Hadouken fire ball than in any other game.lol :p

But really, a lot of the attacks cover way too much space, leaving you not that much room to avoid, and even if you do the other persons certain attack happens too fast to even blink. It's hard to even strategise...When compared to street fighter or SSB Bros.

But ya, GG XX Accent core is definitly the better game here, and it boasts more skill and the controls feel more tight and responsive.
I took a risk buying this one because i never liked any of the M Vs C titles, but eh. :p
Another Wii title bites the dust. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

302. Posted:

Yeah, I hate the dance/club/trance music Capcom uses in its fighting games these days. It feels really out of place imo.

Marvel Vs Capcom 1 was the pinnacle of the series imo. A tight and fairly balanced roster (excluding the insane Morrigan-Gambit combo...), button mashing gets you almost nowhere, classic heroic-sounding character themes (it has one of the best renditions of Chun-Li's theme in any game) and great sprite work for the time. It doesn't feel dated even by today's standards. FYI a lot of MvC3 themes are poor remixes of the character themes from MvC1.

I think you'd enjoy it more than MvC3 or TvC. Too bad it's not on the Wii - but if you have a Playstation or Dreamcast you can play it on those. The Dreamcast version is an arcade-perfect port which has an added 4-player crossover mode.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Lan

303. Posted:

you're not understanding what tvc is supposed to be. it' s by no means a defensive fighter, it's 96% offence (yes, i calculated, i'm THAT good). as for the music...yeeaaaah.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

304. Posted:

I've got

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
A Boy & His Blob
Dead Space: Extraction
Okami
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Left to play in my collection, and the only two of the 6 that I have a feeling could go either way with me are Okami and NMH2. Then again, NMH2 looks like an improvement over the semi-decent original in almost everyway. As for Okami, i guess it's the type of game you have to play to 'get' it looks visually wonderful as well, and I got it for cheap just as NMH2.

But again, I will never buy a bunch of games at once again. It becomes too overwhelming almost giving you the feeling that you need to blaze through one game just so you can get to the next., which I never do anyways, but the feeling was and still is there.

Anyways, is Epic Mickey worth checking out? That and Sonic Colors I'm a bit sketchy on, B-)
I won't be buying anymore wii titles once i finish the 6 above. Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sin & Punishment 2 and Resident Evil Zero: Archives were the last 3 Wii games i finished.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

305. Posted:

So I have $30 to spend. I'm deciding among Sonic Colors, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, and Metroid: Other M, currently in that order. I've never played any previous game from any of these series, so I don't know what to expect, except for Metroid. Any recommendations?

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

306. Posted:

@Radixxs I'd say Sonic Colors is the best game of that bunch. Sonic Colors is a 2.5D platformer with awesome graphics and a terrific sense of speed. He has some new moves and SEGA took away his spin dash (except when he's powered up), but it still feels like a Sonic game and most important it's fun to play. The levels are awesome to go back and replay so you can explore different paths to the goal--especially once you gain more power ups and new areas become accessible in previous levels.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

307. Posted:

Imo Metroid Other M is the best game of the bunch, though Sin & Punishment is the best shoot 'em up I ever played.
Don't know about Sonic Colors, might get it when it's cheaper.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

308. Posted:

Metroid Other M is too short. It makes a better rental than a purchase.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

309. Posted:

Ok well I know I am a little late to the party but I have been replaying Ocarina of Time again on the Gamecube Zelda Collection, and I am thinking of starting Twilight Princess once I am done with OoT. One of the main reasons I havent bought it yet is cause I am not sure whether to get the Gamecube version or the Wii version.

Is there any difference between the two except for the controller scheme?

ON the Wii version do you have to use the Wiimote and the Nunchuck or can you use other controllers like a GC or classic controller?

And if on the Wii version you can only use the Wiimote how much "waggling" do you have to do? And does it take away from the game?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Platypus

310. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok well I know I am a little late to the party but I have been replaying Ocarina of Time again on the Gamecube Zelda Collection, and I am thinking of starting Twilight Princess once I am done with OoT. One of the main reasons I havent bought it yet is cause I am not sure whether to get the Gamecube version or the Wii version.

Is there any difference between the two except for the controller scheme?

ON the Wii version do you have to use the Wiimote and the Nunchuck or can you use other controllers like a GC or classic controller?

And if on the Wii version you can only use the Wiimote how much "waggling" do you have to do? And does it take away from the game?

Well the only difference is the Gamecube version is completely mirrored. As the the waggling it really isn't a bother the wii remote is responsive and lightly shaking the remote feels pretty good. You can only use the wii remote for a controller but that isn't bad as it works perfectly. I haven't played it on the gamecube but TP on the Wii is the best Zelda controls i have used yet.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

311. Posted:

Now that Twilight Princess is on Wii selects I'd recommend that to anybody with a Wii. It's one of this generation's best adventure games, topped only by Uncharted 2.

Also, if you're looking for something a bit more out-there, check out Rockstar's under-appreciated project Bully. It's got GTA-style open world gameplay but set within the confines of a school. It's not nearly as violent or raunchy as GTA (whether or not that's a good thing depends on your taste), but it's still got the brilliant humor and superb art direction.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Platypus

312. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Now that Twilight Princess is on Wii selects I'd recommend that to anybody with a Wii. It's one of this generation's best adventure games, topped only by Uncharted 2.

Also, if you're looking for something a bit more out-there, check out Rockstar's under-appreciated project Bully. It's got GTA-style open world gameplay but set within the confines of a school. It's not nearly as violent or raunchy as GTA (whether or not that's a good thing depends on your taste), but it's still got the brilliant humor and superb art direction.

Not to mention its one of the only open world games on wii at all :P

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

313. Posted:

@Gamesake @SKTTR: Thanks, I think I'll go with Sonic Colors then. I was worried about the replay value, but it sounds good to me! I may have to rent the other two...

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

314. Posted:

soccer686 wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Not to mention its one of the only open world games on wii at all :P

I love Bully: Scholarship Edition. Definately the best open world game on Wii.
If you look for other open world games on the Wii I absolutely recommend The Godfather: Blackhand Edition.
There's also Scarface: The World Is Yours which is pretty good and comes in third.
Last and least we got Driver: Parallel Lines which is decent.

I only have those four (greetings to Yossarian who got me the UK uncut versions) Any other open worlds on the Wii?

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

315. Posted:

Hey guys,
well I've been looking to build up my Wii collection (seeing as most Wii games are going for such low prices) but I'm stuck between which of these games I want to pick up first.

Arc Rise Fantasia (heard its an awesome game, but the voice acting is pathetic)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world (I played it and liked it, but kind of wanted to add it to the collection)
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga (don't know much about this one)

thanks

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

316. Posted:

Personally, I'd recommend you'd pick other games, but since you're serious about this, I'll recommend Arc Rise Fantasia. It's just an okay game, though, except for the voice acting, which is as bad as you've heard. The battle system is interesting, but not as interesting as I'd hoped. The story and characters are just okay, nothing really stands out about them. The art is probably the best part about the game, yet it's still more or less generic anime. Really, nothing about this game makes it stand out from the zillions of JRPGs out there.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

317. Posted:

@Mickeymac
Thanks for the info, decided to get it and best of all I found it for $20 tonight at Best buy, so even if I turn out not liking it that much at least I didn't pay the full $40 ;)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

318. Posted:

For some reason I just don't feel compelled to even play my copy of No More Heroes 2...

The fact that there are now 8-bit Jobs gets my inner retro geekness pumping, and I love that the depressing ugly barren Hub world is officially history from the original. But eh...I found the combat system and boss battles to be pretty solid in the first, but at the same time i found the experience kind of depressing, empty and rough around the edges...

And i just don't know if i even wan't to bother doing the same thing again this time around....Maybe it's because i have 6 Wii titles left to play in my collection and I'm looking to lower the amount. :p

Okami is another i'm iffy about, but i'm definitly going to give that one a try.

Also, other Wii titles such as....

*Murumasa
Sonic Colors
Epic Mickey
Wii Party
Golden Eye 007*

Are also on my 'maybe' list...Anyways, I just feel like my taste in gaming is becoming a bit pickier, but deep down i know that i get too overwhelmed and annoyed when i have a bunch of unplayed games in my collection and that's part of the reason why i feel like dropping a couple all together that i'm not sure i even want to play to begin with. But giving them a try is always worth a shot, since you never know...Besides, that game you original thought was going to be ho hum might turn out to be one of your favorite titles!

Pikmin NPC is the perfect example of this, loved that one! B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

319. Posted:

Waveboy, from now on, I recommend you stop using your head and just play your G-ddamn games. Just close your eyes, grab a game, and play whatever you pick. Or better yet, start a backloggery and use the fortune cookie from now on. It'll always pick the best games for you.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

320. Posted:

Well that's the last time i ever buy you a beer.lol
Anyways, the next Wii game I'm playing is going to be A Boy & his Blob....That is after I'm finished up with Mega Man 5 and Links Awakening DX.

And I'm not sure if you've played NMH2, but hopefully it's a short yet sweet experience. The original draged on with it's mind numbing boring Hub World, with those tedious jobs and frustrating assasin battles where you had to earn money to take on the next foe. Apperantly in NMH2 you just earn money for weapons and clothes ect.