Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 926

rolLTheDice

Yeah, renting could be a good idea for Other M. You only get about 10 hours playing time. Only factoring in normal mode. I don't know how it's with Hard Mode yet and if something comes after it.
If you don't dig the movie sequences very much or don't want to play game with your friends i too would say rent it.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Gamesake

Untitled
Should I buy the Penguin Unitied Crossfire Wiimote for $35? Or should I go with a cheaper alternative like the Nyko Perfect Shot? A big downside to the Crossfire is it wouldn't be compatible with my Black Ops rechargeable battery packs.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

irken004

bboy2970 wrote:

@irken: Really? How would you say the difficulty is. On normal, is it fairly easy and mindless without being boring and repetitive?

The normal mode was decently paced. There were one or two times where I got stuck on what to do, but other than that it's pretty good. As for being repetitive, it is somewhat, simply because you go around killing enemies and solving little platforming puzzles. But unlocking new upgrades helps to keep things fresh.

Gamesake

I'm trying to figure out the best way to spend some store credit. I found Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (not my favorite Fire Emblem) for a decent price used, but I wonder if it will ever end up as a "Nintendo Selects" title. Do you guys think their will be more Nintendo Selects announced later on or no? Are Nintendo Selects titles chosen based on sales? If that's the case, I won't hold my breath for Fire Emblem to be re-released.

...in my pants.

Birdman

@Gamesake - If you can get it for under $20, do it, as I'm pretty sure that's the price for the Wii Select titles.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

LEGEND_MARIOID

Should I get Shuan White Snowboarding Road Trip or its sequel World Tour? Which one is better. Thanks.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

Gamesake

LEGEND_MARIOID wrote:

Should I get Shuan White Snowboarding Road Trip or its sequel World Tour? Which one is better. Thanks.

I bought the sequel, World Stage. I hear it's a great Balance Board game, but I don't have a Balance Board. I had to use the Wiimote alone to steer. You point it at the screen and twist your wrist left or right to turn. It soon became very uncomfortable for me, so I took it back right away. There was no way to use the Nunchuk Controller that I could find.

...in my pants.

HolyMackerel

WaveBoy wrote:

Just wondering, how is Tatsunoku vs capcom? I'm hoping it's not exactly like the super flashy, way too fast, manic and button mashy Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

I've got a copy of T Vs C, and my 2nd classic controller arrived so when I get together with some buds it's hopefully going to be our new fighting game of choice, aside from SSB Brawl.

Old post, but you never mentioned if you played it yet. TvC is slower-paced than MvC3. It is kinda flashy, but not overly so. The giant robot vs normal human fights are incredible. However the fighting system is the same as MvC3's with the three attack buttons (which lends itself to button mashing). I was seriously disappointed by having only three buttons. Also the music in the western release of TvC is a disappointment, especially when compared to the original Japanese soundtrack (which had character themes. unlike the western release). Still, it's a good game.

I will admit that the TvC character select music is so darn catchy I've sat at that screen for minutes just to listen to the song.

If you're looking for a 2D fighter on the Wii to play with friends, you should grab a copy of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus. It's got a creative and deep fighting system, a fun, original and extremely balanced character roster, an amazing hard rock soundtrack and really very pretty sprite work. It's one of the best 2D fighters to come out in a long time (and it's on the Wii!). You can't go wrong with it imo.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Yeah, I hate the dance/club/trance music Capcom uses in its fighting games these days. It feels really out of place imo.

Marvel Vs Capcom 1 was the pinnacle of the series imo. A tight and fairly balanced roster (excluding the insane Morrigan-Gambit combo...), button mashing gets you almost nowhere, classic heroic-sounding character themes (it has one of the best renditions of Chun-Li's theme in any game) and great sprite work for the time. It doesn't feel dated even by today's standards. FYI a lot of MvC3 themes are poor remixes of the character themes from MvC1.

I think you'd enjoy it more than MvC3 or TvC. Too bad it's not on the Wii - but if you have a Playstation or Dreamcast you can play it on those. The Dreamcast version is an arcade-perfect port which has an added 4-player crossover mode.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Lan

you're not understanding what tvc is supposed to be. it' s by no means a defensive fighter, it's 96% offence (yes, i calculated, i'm THAT good). as for the music...yeeaaaah.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Radixxs

So I have $30 to spend. I'm deciding among Sonic Colors, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, and Metroid: Other M, currently in that order. I've never played any previous game from any of these series, so I don't know what to expect, except for Metroid. Any recommendations?

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Gamesake

@Radixxs I'd say Sonic Colors is the best game of that bunch. Sonic Colors is a 2.5D platformer with awesome graphics and a terrific sense of speed. He has some new moves and SEGA took away his spin dash (except when he's powered up), but it still feels like a Sonic game and most important it's fun to play. The levels are awesome to go back and replay so you can explore different paths to the goal--especially once you gain more power ups and new areas become accessible in previous levels.

...in my pants.

SKTTR

Imo Metroid Other M is the best game of the bunch, though Sin & Punishment is the best shoot 'em up I ever played.
Don't know about Sonic Colors, might get it when it's cheaper.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Gamesake

Metroid Other M is too short. It makes a better rental than a purchase.

...in my pants.

Tasuki

Ok well I know I am a little late to the party but I have been replaying Ocarina of Time again on the Gamecube Zelda Collection, and I am thinking of starting Twilight Princess once I am done with OoT. One of the main reasons I havent bought it yet is cause I am not sure whether to get the Gamecube version or the Wii version.

Is there any difference between the two except for the controller scheme?

ON the Wii version do you have to use the Wiimote and the Nunchuck or can you use other controllers like a GC or classic controller?

And if on the Wii version you can only use the Wiimote how much "waggling" do you have to do? And does it take away from the game?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Platypus

Tasuki wrote:

Ok well I know I am a little late to the party but I have been replaying Ocarina of Time again on the Gamecube Zelda Collection, and I am thinking of starting Twilight Princess once I am done with OoT. One of the main reasons I havent bought it yet is cause I am not sure whether to get the Gamecube version or the Wii version.

Is there any difference between the two except for the controller scheme?

ON the Wii version do you have to use the Wiimote and the Nunchuck or can you use other controllers like a GC or classic controller?

And if on the Wii version you can only use the Wiimote how much "waggling" do you have to do? And does it take away from the game?

Well the only difference is the Gamecube version is completely mirrored. As the the waggling it really isn't a bother the wii remote is responsive and lightly shaking the remote feels pretty good. You can only use the wii remote for a controller but that isn't bad as it works perfectly. I haven't played it on the gamecube but TP on the Wii is the best Zelda controls i have used yet.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Kid_A

Now that Twilight Princess is on Wii selects I'd recommend that to anybody with a Wii. It's one of this generation's best adventure games, topped only by Uncharted 2.

Also, if you're looking for something a bit more out-there, check out Rockstar's under-appreciated project Bully. It's got GTA-style open world gameplay but set within the confines of a school. It's not nearly as violent or raunchy as GTA (whether or not that's a good thing depends on your taste), but it's still got the brilliant humor and superb art direction.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Platypus

Kid_A wrote:

Now that Twilight Princess is on Wii selects I'd recommend that to anybody with a Wii. It's one of this generation's best adventure games, topped only by Uncharted 2.

Also, if you're looking for something a bit more out-there, check out Rockstar's under-appreciated project Bully. It's got GTA-style open world gameplay but set within the confines of a school. It's not nearly as violent or raunchy as GTA (whether or not that's a good thing depends on your taste), but it's still got the brilliant humor and superb art direction.

Not to mention its one of the only open world games on wii at all

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic