Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 281 to 300 of 961

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

281. Posted:

@irken: Really? How would you say the difficulty is. On normal, is it fairly easy and mindless without being boring and repetitive?

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

Lotice-Paladin

282. Posted:

If you were annoyed at Other M for whatever reason, why don't you try Muramasa: The Demon Blade instead? It's in beautiful 2-D and it acts like a MetroidVania.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

283. Posted:

Starlight wrote:

If you were annoyed at Other M for whatever reason, why don't you try Muramasa: The Demon Blade instead? It's in beautiful 2-D and it acts like a MetroidVania.

I disagree, annoyance at another game shouldn't be needed as an excuse to play this awesome game.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

default12345

284. Posted:

Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Beautiful.

default12345

AuthorMessage

default12345

285. Posted:

Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm 10 stars into it and wow .. it's just beautiful!

default12345

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

286. Posted:

So.....
I found Metroid:Other M for $25 bucks
Should I get it, or should I stay away from this game.....

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

287. Posted:

I got Other M for $30 back when it was new and haven't played it since I beat it. I probably should have rented it. But if I were to buy it now, I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it. I've seen it that low thrice on Amazon.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

eviLaTtenDant

288. Posted:

Yeah, renting could be a good idea for Other M. You only get about 10 hours playing time. Only factoring in normal mode. I don't know how it's with Hard Mode yet and if something comes after it.
If you don't dig the movie sequences very much or don't want to play game with your friends i too would say rent it. :)

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

289. Posted:

Untitled
Should I buy the Penguin Unitied Crossfire Wiimote for $35? Or should I go with a cheaper alternative like the Nyko Perfect Shot? A big downside to the Crossfire is it wouldn't be compatible with my Black Ops rechargeable battery packs.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

290. Posted:

Is Batman: The Brave and the Bold a must-buy?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

291. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

@irken: Really? How would you say the difficulty is. On normal, is it fairly easy and mindless without being boring and repetitive?

The normal mode was decently paced. There were one or two times where I got stuck on what to do, but other than that it's pretty good. As for being repetitive, it is somewhat, simply because you go around killing enemies and solving little platforming puzzles. But unlocking new upgrades helps to keep things fresh.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

292. Posted:

I'm trying to figure out the best way to spend some store credit. I found Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (not my favorite Fire Emblem) for a decent price used, but I wonder if it will ever end up as a "Nintendo Selects" title. Do you guys think their will be more Nintendo Selects announced later on or no? Are Nintendo Selects titles chosen based on sales? If that's the case, I won't hold my breath for Fire Emblem to be re-released.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

293. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Untitled
Should I buy the Penguin Unitied Crossfire Wiimote for $35? Or should I go with a cheaper alternative like the Nyko Perfect Shot? A big downside to the Crossfire is it wouldn't be compatible with my Black Ops rechargeable battery packs.

Your Safest bet is with the Nyko Perfect Shot. Such a fantastic light gun(er shell) compared to that horribly akward clumsy Wii Zapper.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Birdman

294. Posted:

@Gamesake - If you can get it for under $20, do it, as I'm pretty sure that's the price for the Wii Select titles.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

295. Posted:

Just wondering, how is Tatsunoku vs capcom? I'm hoping it's not exactly like the super flashy, way too fast, manic and button mashy Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

I've got a copy of T Vs C, and my 2nd classic controller arrived so when I get together with some buds it's hopefully going to be our new fighting game of choice, aside from SSB Brawl. :p

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

296. Posted:

If you got a copy, you're better off playing it and finding out for yourself.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

297. Posted:

Sin & Punishment 2
This game is pretty awesome I gotta say.
The underwater stage left me pretty amazed and in awe, especially when going up against those giant razy dragon-like eels. It was like a never ending insane underwater intense roller coaster ride and I didn't want that section of the game to end. :D
The Dragon eels themselves almost looked like they were about to pop off the screen, it really makes you relealise the potention of 3D technology and just how amazing it would be here. My only pet peeve with the game, and it actually has nothing to do with the game itself are the bottom and top widescreen bars which again shrink down my screen size. Part of me really wishes i had a 43" Samung Plasma at this point.lol

Anyways, I'll be finshed this one up tonight. Seems short, but very sweet! :p
Also part of me kind of wished i stuck it on Hard Mode, becuse white Normal Mode is challenging in spots, it's not quite as challenging as many people are making it out to be.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

LEGEND_MARIOID

298. Posted:

Should I get Shuan White Snowboarding Road Trip or its sequel World Tour? Which one is better. Thanks.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

299. Posted:

LEGEND_MARIOID wrote:

Should I get Shuan White Snowboarding Road Trip or its sequel World Tour? Which one is better. Thanks.

I bought the sequel, World Stage. I hear it's a great Balance Board game, but I don't have a Balance Board. I had to use the Wiimote alone to steer. You point it at the screen and twist your wrist left or right to turn. It soon became very uncomfortable for me, so I took it back right away. There was no way to use the Nunchuk Controller that I could find.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

300. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Just wondering, how is Tatsunoku vs capcom? I'm hoping it's not exactly like the super flashy, way too fast, manic and button mashy Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

I've got a copy of T Vs C, and my 2nd classic controller arrived so when I get together with some buds it's hopefully going to be our new fighting game of choice, aside from SSB Brawl. :p

Old post, but you never mentioned if you played it yet. :P TvC is slower-paced than MvC3. It is kinda flashy, but not overly so. The giant robot vs normal human fights are incredible. :D However the fighting system is the same as MvC3's with the three attack buttons (which lends itself to button mashing). I was seriously disappointed by having only three buttons. Also the music in the western release of TvC is a disappointment, especially when compared to the original Japanese soundtrack (which had character themes. unlike the western release). Still, it's a good game.

I will admit that the TvC character select music is so darn catchy I've sat at that screen for minutes just to listen to the song. :D

If you're looking for a 2D fighter on the Wii to play with friends, you should grab a copy of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus. It's got a creative and deep fighting system, a fun, original and extremely balanced character roster, an amazing hard rock soundtrack and really very pretty sprite work. It's one of the best 2D fighters to come out in a long time (and it's on the Wii!). You can't go wrong with it imo.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042