Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 261 to 280 of 956

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

261. Posted:

That explains the 10 out of 10 rating on gamespot. Though I was leaning more on the other two to deal with the fact I don't have a 360 and those 2 games are online. On gamespot, GoldenEye got 8.5 and BlackOps got 9. (And editors choice award)

Edited on by KCKowalchuk

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

262. Posted:

KCKowalchuk wrote:

That explains the 10 out of 10 rating on IGN.

implying IGN ratings make sense

Goldeneye is great for one reason. Awesome gameplay. Limited online like usual for Wii and not too many online maps. Ok at best single player but just that awesome gameplay with awesome game modes online makes the game worth it. The controls also remind me that I need to play more Wii FPSs so I can remember why I like the genre. Plus it has elements of Call of Duty but lacks the terrible stupidity from the recent games.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

263. Posted:

KCKowalchuk wrote:

That explains the 10 out of 10 rating on IGN. Though I was leaning more on the other two to deal with the fact I don't have a 360 and those 2 games are online. On IGN, GoldenEye got 8.5 and BlackOps got 9. (And editors choice award)

You sir, are mistaken. On IGN Goldeneye got a 9, and the Wii version of BlackOps got a 7.5
And really, Mario Galaxy 2 truly is a once-in-a-generation kind of game. Just throwing that out there ;)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

264. Posted:

How is a current gen sequel to a current gen game that is almost universally considered to be about the same quality "once-in-a-generation kind of game"?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

KCKowalchuk

265. Posted:

Gamespot, not IGN. My bad

KCKowalchuk

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

266. Posted:

Is there any reason to get the Wii version of Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love, and NOT the premium PS2 version?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

yoyogamer

267. Posted:

I don't like first person shooters. Still, Metroid Prime Trilogy looks like a good deal for $50. Does the game have enough elements from the original games that I would still enjoy it?

This is a signature.

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

268. Posted:

yoyogamer wrote:

I don't like first person shooters. Still, Metroid Prime Trilogy looks like a good deal for $50. Does the game have enough elements from the original games that I would still enjoy it?

I'm not extremely well versed in 2D Metroids but the Prime games definitely have the same feeling of kind of being alone in a mysterious zone. They also still put emphasis on exploring and finding things like the older games. However, it is still a FPS at heart so if you aren't a fan of that perspective of gaming, it probably isn't for you. Although, its not really an FPS like Halo is. There are times when you might not shoot at all and just be figuring out how to do something. The puzzle solving and exploring are definitely a big part. I would get it if I were you just on the value alone although, I sincerely wish you luck finding this game for 50 dollars.....

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

269. Posted:

Is Epic Mickey entirely based on the classic Disney era?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

kcspurs

270. Posted:

hi do the controlls on games such as goldeneye and black ops work aswell as they do for resident evil 4

kcspurs

AuthorMessage

sonicfanatic

271. Posted:

hi guys i am new here and i have been a wii owner since christmas of 2008 and i have quite a steady rate of games i currently have over 40 games and i am wondering what my next purchase should be i have a list of 8 games i am currently wanting that i do not own atm which one is the best pick

mario kart wii
mario party 8
mario sports mix

pacman party
pokemon battle revolution
metroid other m
pokepark wii pikachus adventure
mario and sonic at the winter olympic games
which 1 is the best pick i need to know fast my next wii purchase will be in march 2011

WII GAMER FOR LIFE
FAVORITE GAME EPIC MICKEY

AuthorMessage

Birdman

272. Posted:

Out of your list, I'd get Mario Kart Wii as that's probably the best one on your list. Stay away from PBR though. The only good thing about PBR is the Pokémon/items you can get and transfer to the DS games. That one should be a rental at best.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Splat

273. Posted:

sonicfanatic wrote:

hi guys i am new here and i have been a wii owner since christmas of 2008 and i have quite a steady rate of games i currently have over 40 games and i am wondering what my next purchase should be i have a list of 8 games i am currently wanting that i do not own atm which one is the best pick

mario kart wii
mario party 8
mario sports mix

pacman party
pokemon battle revolution
metroid other m
pokepark wii pikachus adventure
mario and sonic at the winter olympic games
which 1 is the best pick i need to know fast my next wii purchase will be in march 2011

Mario Kart Wii there is a good amount of stuff to unlock while playing solo and then there is online play. :)

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

sonicfanatic

274. Posted:

thank you guys for the help i have been wanting mario kart wii for a long time now this game doesnt require the use of a wii wheel does it cause i do not own one of them

WII GAMER FOR LIFE

AuthorMessage

Splat

275. Posted:

sonicfanatic wrote:

thank you guys for the help i have been wanting mario kart wii for a long time now this game doesnt require the use of a wii wheel does it cause i do not own one of them

No not at all.

You can play with the nunchuck and wii mote, classic controller or the game cube controller. (I prefer the nunchuck and wii mote)

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Punny

276. Posted:

Splat wrote:

sonicfanatic wrote:

No not at all.

You can play with the nunchuck and wii mote, classic controller or the game cube controller. (I prefer the nunchuck and wii mote)

The game does come with a Wii Wheel, in case you didn't already know, so you don't need to worry about not having one. But like Splat said, you don't need one to play Mario Kart Wii. :)

Edited on by Punny

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage

sonicfanatic

277. Posted:

nope i did not know that but thanks for the info mario kart wii will definitely be my 1st choice but iif mario kart wii is not available to buy athen which game would be a good secondary choice i have delisted pbr like you said so do you consider that one

WII GAMER FOR LIFE

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

278. Posted:

Hey, can anyone recommend Madworld to me? I've got a little extra cash and the game is dirt cheap and got some pretty solid reviews. I'm mainly asking about this because I want to know if the game is kind of difficult or more of an easy affair that won't tax my brain or skill too hard. I'm more in the market for a well-polished, different, mindless, violent game to liesurely play. Can anyone recommend Madworld as fitting those guidlines?

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

irken004

279. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

Hey, can anyone recommend Madworld to me? I've got a little extra cash and the game is dirt cheap and got some pretty solid reviews. I'm mainly asking about this because I want to know if the game is kind of difficult or more of an easy affair that won't tax my brain or skill too hard. I'm more in the market for a well-polished, different, mindless, violent game to liesurely play. Can anyone recommend Madworld as fitting those guidlines?

Get it. I paid full price for it and thought it was pretty good. Now that it's so cheap, I recommend it even more!

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

brooks83

280. Posted:

Once again, Cursed Mountain.

Also, I am having fun with Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero. I'm about halfway through I think and so far I think it's the best classic (pre RE4) game in the series since RE2.

brooks83