Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 121 to 140 of 946

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

121. Posted:

@Anagram
I shouldve mentioned that I own all the obvious 1st party titles. I'm looking for lesser known 3rd party titles, like Deadly Creatures, Cursed Mountain, and Fragile Dreams. Anyone give any of these a play?

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

122. Posted:

Metroid: Other M. Deserves alot better publicity than it got.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

123. Posted:

@Kingbuilder
I'm excited to play through it, but my usual MO is to buy games months after they're released for cheaper. Though that never really happens with 1st party titles. Twilight Princess is still like $45 used. Eff it, I'll just buy it new. But I might have to hit up Monster Hunter first.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

124. Posted:

JesusSaves wrote:

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor is an amazing hardcore shooting game. You should definitely try it.

Thats right, that give is really awesome, and if the easy difficulty is too easy for you, you can try the hard one, and feel really like a hardcore :P

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage

DrCruse

125. Posted:

I did normal and it was pretty easy (except for the final boss :o ). Might get around to playing difficult sometime in the future.

DrCruse

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

126. Posted:

I recommend No More Heroes 1 & 2, Bully, Manhunt 2, Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

If you like adventures look into Tales of Monkey Island Chapters 1-5 and Sam & Max Season One and Two.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Paperclip

127. Posted:

A Boy and His Blob is my favorite third party game. It's closely followed but Okami and Zack and Wiki though. Try getting those if you can.

Check out my classy comics.

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

128. Posted:

@Starcross64
Last time I was at Gamespot, it was a toss up between Muramasa and Boy and His Blob, I bought Muramasa because I had never seen a used copy. The original Boy and His Blob is one of my all time favorite NES games, I'm definitely amped to try out its Wii counterpart. I'll pick it up next based on your recommendation. I loved Okami.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

129. Posted:

Hey, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, is from the same creator from A boy and His Blob and Contra 4 so you maybe want to check it out.

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

130. Posted:

nice, good lookin out

i_am_error
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

131. Posted:

lockelocke wrote:

@WaveBoy
Gave it a rental, not really my thing. Any other recommendations?

Wario Land Shake it! Klonoa and Zack & Wiki are a MUST.
Excitebots and Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz are a couple of other little gems, they don't come close to the previous 3 i mentioned but they're definitly 8/10 material. The same goes for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories which has been getting tons of mixed reviews....

Personally i felt the Wii Pointer flash light controls and motion controlled interactive puzzles COMPLETELY enhanced the experience. without them and instead if things were just controlled with Dual Analog(like in the PS2 version) than this game would of taken a HUGE blow. If it werent for the IR controls I wouldn't of even bothered with this one. It doesn't have SH1-4's creepy monsters, the distinct and unsettling atmosphere, music(for the most part) and creativity and overall vibe to back it up. Really though, it's just a differen't breed of Silent Hill, I say try before you buy. The others you can get for cheap and I'd definitly pick those ones up! ;)

Wario Land Shake it! is one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had. It's just brilliant regarding everything I'd easily nail it as my favorite Wii game....Although I still havent played Galaxy 2 yet so that may change of course!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

132. Posted:

@WaveBoy
I kno it shouldn't affect my opinion, but I tend to steer away from games that have a kiddy/cute exterior. I have to say, tho, that after looking at videos of Zack & Wiki, it looks great. I see it as kind of an update of the old Sierra-style point and click adventure games. I'll definitely give it a go. Wario Land looks cool and hearing you recommend it as your favorite Wii game definitely warrants a rental at least. As for Shattered Memories, I loved it. Thanks for the suggestions.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

133. Posted:

I would buy Wario Land Shake but there are so much great platformers coming these year that I think I will need to skip that one.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

134. Posted:

lockelocke wrote:

@WaveBoy
I kno it shouldn't affect my opinion, but I tend to steer away from games that have a kiddy/cute exterior. I have to say, tho, that after looking at videos of Zack & Wiki, it looks great. I see it as kind of an update of the old Sierra-style point and click adventure games. I'll definitely give it a go. Wario Land looks cool and hearing you recommend it as your favorite Wii game definitely warrants a rental at least. As for Shattered Memories, I loved it. Thanks for the suggestions.

And when you rent Wario Land, be sure to go for the objectives in each level ;) Don't just try and skim through the levels, the objectives the make the experience all the more better. But if you're aiming for 100% good luck with that. You wont find a harder gaming experience period. I managed to do it, but I've got the skills to pay the bills. I mean you have to beat games like Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom on the nes :p

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Splat

135. Posted:

Splat wrote:

I just picked up Cursed Mountain new for $10 but haven't played it yet, I have heard both good and bad about the game and thought for that price it's worth the risk.

After giving up on this game I have started to give it another chance now that I know you can change the brightness in options (it was just to dark for me) it's still to early to really give my two cents on it but I can at least see what I'm doing now. :)

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

136. Posted:

lockelocke wrote:

@Starcross64
Last time I was at Gamespot, it was a toss up between Muramasa and Boy and His Blob, I bought Muramasa because I had never seen a used copy. The original Boy and His Blob is one of my all time favorite NES games, I'm definitely amped to try out its Wii counterpart. I'll pick it up next based on your recommendation. I loved Okami.

Muramasa is one of my favorite Wii games. Have you played through all endings with both characters? There's a lot of fun to be had post-game, especially once you get... a certain item.

A Boy and His Blob is also one of my favorite Wii games, so you should consider that recommendation seconded.

What about Red Steel 2? That game is good fun but extremely tiring if you're out of shape.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

Splat

137. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

lockelocke wrote:

@Starcross64

Muramasa is one of my favorite Wii games. Have you played through all endings with both characters? There's a lot of fun to be had post-game, especially once you get... a certain item.

A Boy and His Blob is also one of my favorite Wii games, so you should consider that recommendation seconded.

What about Red Steel 2? That game is good fun but extremely tiring if you're out of shape.

I loved Red Steel 2, I think it is a pretty underrated game do to the fact how poor the first one was.

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

138. Posted:

@Splat
I'm gonna rent Red Steel 2, for sure. I'm a little put off by how short it apparently is, and the general consensus has been that it lacks replay value.

Any progress is Cursed Mountain? I'm curious to hear what you think about it.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

Splat

139. Posted:

I'm only about an hour or so in to Cursed Mountain, for starters it is a real slow paced game if you don't have patience I would not get it.

I don't know if it was just my TV or what but I had trouble with it being to dark, I was fine when I was outside but when I would go in a house I could not see any thing, thankfully you can tweak the brightness in options.

It's not a bad game for the $10 I paid for it but like I said it's just slow going, I played for awhile today and while I was advancing through the game I didn't really feel like I was getting any where got kinda bored to tell you the truth.

I have heard that if you stick it out it does get better we will see.

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

140. Posted:

@Splat
cool, let me know on this thread when you get further! I definitely have the patience, if the pay off is worth it, especially for survival horror games.

i_am_error
backlockelockery