Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 926

hulklol123456789

JesusSaves wrote:

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor is an amazing hardcore shooting game. You should definitely try it.

Thats right, that give is really awesome, and if the easy difficulty is too easy for you, you can try the hard one, and feel really like a hardcore

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

SKTTR

I recommend No More Heroes 1 & 2, Bully, Manhunt 2, Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

If you like adventures look into Tales of Monkey Island Chapters 1-5 and Sam & Max Season One and Two.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Paperclip

A Boy and His Blob is my favorite third party game. It's closely followed but Okami and Zack and Wiki though. Try getting those if you can.

Check out my classy comics.

lockelocke

@Starcross64
Last time I was at Gamespot, it was a toss up between Muramasa and Boy and His Blob, I bought Muramasa because I had never seen a used copy. The original Boy and His Blob is one of my all time favorite NES games, I'm definitely amped to try out its Wii counterpart. I'll pick it up next based on your recommendation. I loved Okami.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

hulklol123456789

Hey, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, is from the same creator from A boy and His Blob and Contra 4 so you maybe want to check it out.

lockelocke

@WaveBoy
I kno it shouldn't affect my opinion, but I tend to steer away from games that have a kiddy/cute exterior. I have to say, tho, that after looking at videos of Zack & Wiki, it looks great. I see it as kind of an update of the old Sierra-style point and click adventure games. I'll definitely give it a go. Wario Land looks cool and hearing you recommend it as your favorite Wii game definitely warrants a rental at least. As for Shattered Memories, I loved it. Thanks for the suggestions.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

hulklol123456789

I would buy Wario Land Shake but there are so much great platformers coming these year that I think I will need to skip that one.

Splat

Splat wrote:

I just picked up Cursed Mountain new for $10 but haven't played it yet, I have heard both good and bad about the game and thought for that price it's worth the risk.

After giving up on this game I have started to give it another chance now that I know you can change the brightness in options (it was just to dark for me) it's still to early to really give my two cents on it but I can at least see what I'm doing now.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

NotEnoughGolds

lockelocke wrote:

@Starcross64
Last time I was at Gamespot, it was a toss up between Muramasa and Boy and His Blob, I bought Muramasa because I had never seen a used copy. The original Boy and His Blob is one of my all time favorite NES games, I'm definitely amped to try out its Wii counterpart. I'll pick it up next based on your recommendation. I loved Okami.

Muramasa is one of my favorite Wii games. Have you played through all endings with both characters? There's a lot of fun to be had post-game, especially once you get... a certain item.

A Boy and His Blob is also one of my favorite Wii games, so you should consider that recommendation seconded.

What about Red Steel 2? That game is good fun but extremely tiring if you're out of shape.

NotEnoughGolds

Splat

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

lockelocke wrote:

@Starcross64

Muramasa is one of my favorite Wii games. Have you played through all endings with both characters? There's a lot of fun to be had post-game, especially once you get... a certain item.

A Boy and His Blob is also one of my favorite Wii games, so you should consider that recommendation seconded.

What about Red Steel 2? That game is good fun but extremely tiring if you're out of shape.

I loved Red Steel 2, I think it is a pretty underrated game do to the fact how poor the first one was.

lockelocke

@Splat
I'm gonna rent Red Steel 2, for sure. I'm a little put off by how short it apparently is, and the general consensus has been that it lacks replay value.

Any progress is Cursed Mountain? I'm curious to hear what you think about it.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

Splat

I'm only about an hour or so in to Cursed Mountain, for starters it is a real slow paced game if you don't have patience I would not get it.

I don't know if it was just my TV or what but I had trouble with it being to dark, I was fine when I was outside but when I would go in a house I could not see any thing, thankfully you can tweak the brightness in options.

It's not a bad game for the $10 I paid for it but like I said it's just slow going, I played for awhile today and while I was advancing through the game I didn't really feel like I was getting any where got kinda bored to tell you the truth.

I have heard that if you stick it out it does get better we will see.

lockelocke

@Splat
cool, let me know on this thread when you get further! I definitely have the patience, if the pay off is worth it, especially for survival horror games.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

xAlias

If i was looking for a platformer, I'd wait for Kirby's Epic Yarn.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

hulklol123456789

labrat7 wrote:

If i was looking for a platformer, I'd wait for Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Thats it!!!

Splat

lockelocke wrote:

@Splat
cool, let me know on this thread when you get further! I definitely have the patience, if the pay off is worth it, especially for survival horror games.

It (Cursed Mountain) is slow out of the gate but does get better, I give it a 6 out of 10 right now but it's really not my kinda game I just picked it up since it was $10.

If you can get it for around that price and are in to these kinda games then I say do it, you might end up liking it more then I do since you are in to these kinda games.

Gamesake

PunnyGuy wrote:

Thegame wrote:

Should I get:
Muramasa
Zack and Wiki
or Little Kings story
I can only get two at the moment.
Thanks in advance!

Little King's Story is addictive, Pikmin-like fun with a subtle sense of humor.

It's definitely subtle. Muramasa is the way to go.

gaminguy wrote:

sohould I get TvC or little kings story?

I'd buy Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

SkullMan

Splat wrote:

I loved Red Steel 2, I think it is a pretty underrated game do to the fact how poor the first one was.

I'm still playing through it, but I must say I enjoyed the first one as well. It was my very first wii game, I had it I think before I even got the console.

What about No More Heroes? I've always been curious to jump in. Is it worth it to pick the first and second one up if I've never played them?

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Splat

I saw Speed Racer for cheap at Walmart has any one played it?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic