Wii Forum

Topic: Wii games that disappointed

Showing 121 to 132 of 132

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

121. Posted:

Unfortunately the game I found most disappointing would have to be Little King's Story. Now this was a game I was so hyped for, that I pre-ordered and even got a little stressball enemy as a bonus. Loading it up I found a game that seemed content not to be played, the village and overall tone was so subdued and off kilter it hardly felt like the vibrant bustling world I had expected. The graphics had a strange filtered quality to them that made you wonder if you need to take some acid to really appreciate the feel they were going for?

I aim to revisit this game, at least to plow towards some later game content. But nothing about this game can meet the expectations I felt after hearing it was a cross between Harvest Moon, Pikmin (Animal Crossing?) etc.

Edited on by OptometristLime

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

122. Posted:

You should not really go into Little King's Story expecting Nintendo-like whimsy. The best way to think of it is a somewhat more sane of the "insane japanese games with high concept ideas" genre. It's more about the creativity and the unexpected(?) adult themes and lots of weirdness for the sake of weirdness. And even if you necessarily can't get into that, the later boss battles make the whole game worth it regardless.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

123. Posted:

Yeah, I just couldn't get into Little King's Story and I wanted to so badly. It was always hard to tell where you were and the game was so disorienting. I couldn't connect to the game in large part because of the graphics and controls; the over-saturated hazy filter was so off-putting.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

BenAV

124. Posted:

I was enjoying Little King's Story for a little while, but I can't of enjoyed it that much considering I stopped playing it and haven't returned to it since.
Maybe I should try again one day if I find time.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

125. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

vonseux wrote:

what kind of expectation does one have to be disappointed with Mario Galaxy 2? The game delivers 130% everything it promises.

I expected it to be better than SMG1. And it wasn't.

How so?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

126. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

I was enjoying Little King's Story for a little while, but I can't of enjoyed it that much considering I stopped playing it and haven't returned to it since.

I dunno, that's happened to me plenty of times with great games. :p

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

127. Posted:

Two words: Band. Hero.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

128. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

BenAV wrote:

I dunno, that's happened to me plenty of times with great games. :p

That happens to me with nearly every game I play...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

iphoneblaster

129. Posted:

I recently got a Wii on another users' recommedation as a gaming console that also might be a little more active way to play games. And yes, playing Wii Sports is at least a bit more active than sitting on the couch watching TV. But I agree with you that as I play more advanced games, those controls just don't live up to the hype. I'm playing Rayman's Raving Rabbids now and there are some mini games in there that I simply cannot seem to get past because they just don't seem to react properly to the controls. It's downright frustrating....particularly when the Wii really does seem to be aimed at the more casual gamer, the one that doesn't want to have to spend hours trying to get past some relatively simple task. I haven't given up on it yet, but I do still mainly use my PC for serious gaming.

Win Apple Iphone 4g Free!
Log on to...

http://win-iphone-free.tk

AuthorMessage

Lin1876

130. Posted:

Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City — I think the series is far better suited to the handheld, but it also worked really well on GameCube and I was hoping for a game of similar scope which would build on the connectivity options offered by Wild World on DS. Instead, we got an incredibly lazy sequel which did nothing new, was still incredibly awkward online and which removed the incentive to play every day by putting the rare visitors permanently on demand in the city.

Conduit 2 — I enjoyed the original Conduit because of the online mode, but after all of the developers' assertions that Conduit 2 would have a decent single player mode I was excited. That was a mistake. While better than the original, it's still not a patch on Call of Duty or Goldeneye, and the online has since been overtaken by better games.

Night: Journey of Dreams — Why Sega tried to tamper with a proven formula is beyond me. While the traditional Nights levels are still fun, there are so few of them, and the other levels range from average to awful. The controls also left a bit to be desired, though the Classic/GameCube controllers made things more bearable.

F1 2009 — I enjoyed F1 2009, despite its issues, but I just wish someone had taken the formula and ran with it. The handling is good, the challenges are fun, but little things which could have been sorted in a sequel held it back. A pity the series never got a chance on Wii.

I go by Lin1876 everywhere in games, so keep an eye out for me!

AuthorMessage

SteveW

131. Posted:

I agree about Animal Crossing and the way the graphics scroll really bothers me, I like the Gamecube version much better and wish they would go back to that style.

Edited on by SteveW

SteveW

AuthorMessage

SteveW

132. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Skyward Sword - I hated every moment of this game. The storyline, the characters, the controls, you name it, it's bad. It never quite felt like a Zelda game to me and the fun factor was totally out the window. Bowling bombs was a bigger struggle than... well anything in Red Steel 1. The controls made the average game bad.

Metroid Other M - You know why.

You have to be kidding... right? Skyward Sword is one of the most amazing games on the Wii. Metroid was excellent also except for the 2 hours of cut-scene video it throws at you.

SteveW