Wii Forum

Topic: Wii games that disappointed

Showing 101 to 120 of 132

AuthorMessage

Chris720

101. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. Oh wait... >.>

Even after all these years we're still going on about it... lol. Why it was cancelled I still don't know.

Skyward Sword: I'm a die hard Zelda fan, I really am, but this one was horrible. The controls worked well, the story was fine and the visuals are quite impressive... but the thing that ruined it for me was the Silent Realms, I didn't like collecting stuff in Twilight Princess and I don't like it now. They weren't fun at all.

GoldenEye: Fantastic game... but the constant freezing and the fail controls at times made this annoying to play. Go online and it's faults double in annoyance, but it was still fun with those problems, but would've been better if those faults weren't there in the first place.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

102. Posted:

Thank God I love Other M and DKCR. It would be really annoying to be you.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

103. Posted:

Chris720 wrote:

Skyward Sword: I'm a die hard Zelda fan, I really am, but this one was horrible. The controls worked well, the story was fine and the visuals are quite impressive... but the thing that ruined it for me was the Silent Realms, I didn't like collecting stuff in Twilight Princess and I don't like it now. They weren't fun at all.

1 hour of suck in a 40+ hour game = horrible game?

...what

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

104. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Chris720 wrote:

...what

Haven't you heard? Any flaw discovered in a post-Ocarina Zelda game automatically makes it an irredeemable failure.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

105. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Chris720 wrote:

[/div]

...what

[/div]

Haven't you heard? Any flaw discovered in a post-Ocarina Zelda game automatically makes it an irredeemable failure.

Well good point as that's consistent with people complaining about Majora's Mask who clearly didn't play it for more than an hour or so. (thankfully though I haven't seen that complaint in years)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

106. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Chris720 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

...what

[/div]

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

over-the-top evil laughter at my internet joke?

...what

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

107. Posted:

The only thing that disappointed me about Skyward Sword,was the final boss.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

AuthorMessage

ADaviii

108. Posted:

I don't want to get put on the backburner or get put into the ultimate "Nintendo Life Users To Despise" list, but I was disappointed in Okami. The art style is beautiful and they have some nice dialog going on, but I just found myself a bit bored with playing it :( . Of course, if someone else was playing it and I could just sit back and watch it, I'd gladly do so!

Be kind to yourself and to others.

AuthorMessage

gaDronilDdos

109. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

Chris720 wrote:

GoldenEye: Fantastic game... but the constant freezing and the fail controls at times made this annoying to play. Go online and it's faults double in annoyance, but it was still fun with those problems, but would've been better if those faults weren't there in the first place.

the game never froze on me Ò.ó and what crontrol problems did you had? did you played with pointer or classic controlller?
To me, it was disappointed how the game suddenly changed from an tatical approach, to all hell breaks loose and thousand of enemies and explosions after the first half of the game, it lost identity and felt like playing a world war game. Also, it was VERY dark, a commom problem on many modern games... but I still loved the online mode, felt more balanced than CoD

For me, the game has an insta freeze spot at the helipad in the first mission.

3DS fc: 3136-7253-6786
Currently playing RE: revelations
Please let me know if you want to add me.

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

110. Posted:

Skyward Sword for me. I didn't hate it, but I didn't LOVE it like I have all the other console Zeldas. It seemed kind of half-finished in spots with repetitive enemies, few memorable NPCs, a very barren sky overworld, etc. To me, Skyward Sword seemed to have the scope of a handheld Zelda title because of how small the world felt and how few sidequests there were.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

111. Posted:

AD3Supa wrote:

I don't want to get put on the backburner or get put into the ultimate "Nintendo Life Users To Despise" list, but I was disappointed in Okami. The art style is beautiful and they have some nice dialog going on, but I just found myself a bit bored with playing it :( . Of course, if someone else was playing it and I could just sit back and watch it, I'd gladly do so!

[/div]

You and me both bud!
I found this one completely uninteresting, even it's unique visual style didn't quite do it for me and i too found the entire overall package to be quite boring.
The fact that it's around 40+ hours long completely turned me off....I could hack that in Zelda Skyward Sword, but with Okami? No thanks.
Dead Space: Extraction was also quite possibly one of the most boring on rails shooters i've ever played....I've never been a huge of fan of Aliens + Space (Metroid is the only real exception) so there was that going against me. I just about finished it but threw in the towel because i wasn't having any fun with it.

House of the Dead 2 is still the finest On rails arcade shooter i've ever played. Meanwhile i found RE: Umbrella Chronicles, DS: Extraction and HOTD: Overkill to be all dissapointing, but i'm willing to give RE: Darkside Chronicles a chance.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

112. Posted:

Super Mario Galaxy :o
Then again, i'm completely mixed on this one. There are things that i absolutely love about it including the wonderful imagintive and memorable world/planets, the beautiful graphics, most of the score, and the nice blend of motion controls(Bubble Blower curser and Web Slinging had to of been my favorites. Plus the boss battle against bouldergeist! ;} )

But i have to admit, i just didn't have that much fun with it. The controls were clearly on the slow side, unlike any mario game previously released and the flow of the game does not make me want to revisit it whatsoever aside from checking out the scenery. Mario 64 had such complex and varied analog control for mario, where even the teeniest sublte movements counted. Here in Galaxy that range of control was completely stripped down and it was far more loose feeling. And that hub world? Blugh....Give me a world map and lets call it a day. :p

Also, Mario 64 may of been absolutely groundbreaking for the time but playing it now doesn't exactly showcase that wonderful 'wow factor' & magic it previously once had, obviously due to the 1st gen 3D visuals and barren environments. It's still as fun as ever, but I've got to admit i'm not a huge fan of 3D mario....Yet at least. Back in the mid 90's even mario 64 failed to impress me half way through the game. It may of been in 3D, but those 3D graphics didn't capture the personality, charm and detail of it's SNES brother Super Mario World. Maybe SM3D Land or Galaxy 2 will change my tune.
I love SMB1,2,3 and World and that's that.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

113. Posted:

Zelda: Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, SMG2... Pretty much anything I bought in the past two years except for MHT. Let's hope I don't add The Last Story to this list D:

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

114. Posted:

Pretty much anything that wasn't a FPS. The Wii needed more FPS games.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

115. Posted:

Mehtroid: Other Meh

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

RudysaurusRex

116. Posted:

Castlevania Judgement. I love this game so much. When I heard there was going to be a Castlevania game on the Wii I freaked out. I was so excited. But when I heard it was going to be a fighting game, I got a little less excited. But I still have put about forty hours in it with my friends. I just wish we got a new traditional Castlevania game for the Wii.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES
The best troll thread ever

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

117. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Metroid: Other Magnificent game to add, to the already brilliant series.

I fixed it for you.

3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

118. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

And that hub world? Blugh....Give me a world map and lets call it a day. :p

I have to agree with you there, the Hub world was so empty, they may as well have just had map instead. Would've been way easier.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

119. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

what kind of expectation does one have to be disappointed with Mario Galaxy 2? The game delivers 130% everything it promises.

I expected it to be better than SMG1. And it wasn't.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

120. Posted:

I haven't played too many, but this is what I can think of.

Super Mario Galaxy 2: Do not get me wrong. I absolutely ADORE the game. However, it lacks the same charm and whimsical feeling of playing Super Mario Galaxy the first (2) times, and the story is considerably lacking (which isn't a problem, it's just that SMG1 featured, for the very first time, a great story with Rosalina's storybook)

Space Invaders Get Even: I also loved this game, but it lacked an ending (compared to what the soundtrack said), was far too short for $30 (I understand it's a high-score game) and really should've been put as a $30-40 price game with much more content and some extras.

ONSLAUGHT ONSLAUGHT ONSLAUGHT: No offense directed at Drake, but how the hell did this get the same rating as such fantastic games like X-Scape and Bit. Trip? .Graphics are the most understandable, due to the limits, but Jett Rocket was a much more attractive game. The sound is obnoxious, the AI is a joke (Bugs? As an primary FPS enemy choice? Seriously?), level design is poor, lasting appeal is short, you should get my drift by now. Honestly, this should've gotten a 6 max, especially considering other downloadable FPS's like X-Scape on DSiWare offer a much better experience.

Rhythm Heaven Fever: It's sorta unfair with my expectations so high after the DS iteration, but Motion Controls should've been an option, and there was some mild control lag.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.