Forums

Topic: Wii Disk Drive Problem

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

RetroGBHippie92

Sometime after the new year my Wii's Disk drive stopped working, It also slightly scratched my SSBB disc, so now it kinda doesn't work and then a few weeks ago I paid for it to be fixed. Now I'm angry at Nintendo and a company that represents nintendo and does service repairs, Simnet NZ.
When I got my Wii back, I was happy to get it hooked up again and started testing the DD with my games to see if they all worked. Only 3 worked properly without fault, Metroid Other M, New Super Mario Bros Wii and Wii Sports, I suppose they worked because they are the games I've least played, but only one of my other wii games is believed to be scratched enough that it won't play at all, Super Smash Bros Brawl, (and probably needs to be resurfaced, does anyone know if you can resurface wii games?).
Then I tried LOZ: TP, which should've worked, resulted in the drive making a lightly flicking noise, but not scratching. I also tried Super Mario All-stars 25th anniversary edition, Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Play, these all had two things in common, they are well kept and after being inserted into the wii, caused the machine to display the usual error message, I inserted the discs but each one wan't read properly or just simply displayed the message, LOZ; TP was the only one to cause the disk drive noise.
I do not know whether it's simply the discs or the Drive, software etc of the wii, but one thing is for sure, I'm going to complain to both of the companies and i'm gonna try and get them to send me a replacement wii for free, after all I paid a ridiculous $127.70 NZD for the part and repairs and also because I've been a very loyal, patient customer up until now. Also I rang nintendo of australia about the repairs 2-3 days ago about all this and they said they were going to get Simnet NZ to contact me over the repairs and so far nothing has come out. I always knew Nintendo Customer service was bad, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Tasuki

And you paid all that money to get the Wii repaired? Wouldn't it been cheaper just to buy a new Wii or better yet put that money towards a Wii U when that comes out?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

theblackdragon

@Tasuki: If the OP has any WiiWare purchased and such, it's not an easy thing to have to switch between two different Wiis in order to play their Wii/GC games and all their downloadables. As for the Wii U, it's not out yet, so that's not really going to help the OP play the games they want to play.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

@TBD: Is transferring the stuff that much of a p.i.t.a.? I ask cause I thought it was rather easy but I am not sure since I never did it.

My Backlog

theblackdragon

@Tasuki: What are you talking about? You can't transfer WiiWare/VC titles between two Wii systems, not on your own anyway — that's been a huge point of contention between Wii, DSi, and 3DS owners and Nintendo from the get-go. You'd have to negotiate with Nintendo to do it for you, and they still very well could be all 'nope, your Wii still works, not doing it for you' and leave it at that. There's also the fact that if the OP has played any games on their Wii that use the WFC (Brawl, MHT, etc.) they can't transfer their save data between systems, so they have to start alllllll over again from scratch if they just up and purchase a new system (yet another point of contention between fans and Nintendo).

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

Oh really?? Wow yeah I must have been under a rock ,Lol. I just thought cause you can transfer your stuff from one 3DS to another so many times that you could do that with the Wii. Forgive me than that is a good point than.

My Backlog

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.