Forums

Topic: wii console for Birthday Gift?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

gera

Hello- my daughter is a Pikmin FANATIC and she's been waiting for Pikmin 3 for years. I plan to preorder Pikmin 3 for her as soon as I can. It's her birthday and I thought I'd get her a wii console in advance of the realease date but noticed that Pikmin 3 is for wiiU. QUESTION- will Pikmin 3 work on the regular wii console or will it only operate on wiiU?

thanks very much!

gera

JohnPhilipSousa

I doesn't work on a Wii. You need a Wii U. As for why, I'd explain, but it's complicated, and I'm too lazy to type it all out in the morning.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

rolLTheDice

Yeah, it's not like Twilight Princess which had a Gamecube and a Wii version coming out in December 2006.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

ADaviii

While getting Wii to play Pikmin 3 wouldn't be the best idea (for reasons you've already learned ) getting Wii for other games wouldn't be a bad idea at all! There are a TON of games available for Wii, currently, that are loads of fun to play with your family and friends. Look into games like Worms, Rhythm Heaven, New Super Mario Bros., and even the Just Dance series!

Also, if you want to check up on the latest news and weather, you can check them instantly on your Wii! Wii uses this thing called WiiConnect24 that allows it to receive updates all of the time (even while it is in sleep mode). Be sure to connect your Wii online because, without doing so, you will not be able to use features such as these.

Another benefit to hooking up your Wii online is the Wii Virtual Console (found in the Wii Shop Channel). There are a lot of old games you can download onto your Wii! Games from way back in the old Nintendo days up to the Nintendo 64 days! Old Wii consoles use to even play old Nintendo Gamecube games, but the new Wii consoles being sold have scrapped that ability.

Which reminds me, there are a lot of games that you can buy retail (through Gamestop, Target, Walmart, etc.,) that use online features. For example, Mario Kart for Wii allows you to play a online with anyone around the world at any time! Also, if you know any other people who have Wii, you can exchange Friend Codes (usually found under the game's options menu) and can race each other even if you are 100 miles away!

Keep in mind, though, when Wii U does start coming out with games, Wii U games cannot be played on Wii, but Wii games can play on Wii U! Thus, if you want a fun little box of entertainment for a low price, Wii would be a great idea. However, if you want to wait and get Wii U (which will play all of your Wii games as well as your Wii U games), you may have to put down a bit more (rumored price going around is around 299-350 pounds and/or USD).

However, if you get Wii U, you will get a console built for HD televisions, Virtual Console (the feature that allows you to play old games), options to choose whether to buy any retail games in-store or download them fully at home, a cool new controller, the ability to still use those Wii remote controllers, a built in online system which is used to allow real people to help you if you get stuck in any video game, and, of course, Pikmin 3! I'm sure I forgot a bunch, but this is a bit of what to look forward to.

Edited on by ADaviii

Be kind to yourself and to others.

RancidVomit86

This is why I always thought the name and it still using wii controllers will be confusing for parents.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

DarkEdi

If you want a Wii you need to search the gamecube compatible, not the lesser version you found in stores.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

TheDreamingHawk

gera wrote:

Hello- my daughter is a Pikmin FANATIC and she's been waiting for Pikmin 3 for years. I plan to preorder Pikmin 3 for her as soon as I can. It's her birthday and I thought I'd get her a wii console in advance of the realease date but noticed that Pikmin 3 is for wiiU. QUESTION- will Pikmin 3 work on the regular wii console or will it only operate on wiiU?

thanks very much!

If you are smart, you should get the wii U. As Pikmin 3 is a WII U GAME, not a wii game. Plus you can also enjoy the wii's library on top of it, which make it more better for your money.

Enjoy!

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Scary_Old_Lady

Hawk wrote:

If you are smart, you should get the wii U. As Pikmin 3 is a WII U GAME, not a wii game. Plus you can also enjoy the wii's library on top of it, which make it more better for your money.

Enjoy!

Also, the wii libary has the other pikmin games in it!

Edited on by Scary_Old_Lady

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

Snagrio

Pengaweeno wrote:

Hawk wrote:

Enjoy!

Also, the wii libary has the other pikmin games in it!

Thus, you can have the whole Pikmin trilogy on one system!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.