Forums

Topic: Why are some people not impressed at Nintendo's E3 2009 conference!?

Posts 1 to 20 of 100

Knux

Seriously guys,this E3 was awesome and some of you are still complaining!? What do you want Nintendo to show!?

Knux

MrPinguy

It's was not awesome, but was preety good comparing with the last one.

Metroid beeing my favorite Nintendo game series i really had an fangasm.

It was good finally to see Adam in person
"Objections Lady?"

MrPinguy

zane

It was ok with or without the standard of the last one (E3-08)

The two marios = perfect. Metroid + Team Ninja I almost cried.

Still...

Where in heaven was Miyamoto?
Where was Kid Icarus?
F-Zero?
Starfox?
Ds VC?
Or even pikmin 3?

Oh and don't even mention the lost Zelda, all we have on wii is a gamecube-port.

Edited on by zane

Old Nintendofan from up north...

Chatham

They want Nintendo to show a free 20GB USB Drive for all users, a MotionPlus Zelda, and Wii Game updates... People want the world from Nintendo on these boards for some reason.

I know, people suck! I thought it was an amazing presentation, stealing Team Ninja from 360 projects is awesome! Ninja Gaiden + Metroid = WIN!

As for everyone who comes to this board to complaing. nintendo usually saves their Earth-shattering Zelda announcements for the TGS. Let's wait until then to bitch.

Edited on by Chatham

Email: mallrat425@hotmail.com
PSN N...

thewiirocks

Metriod - We already did that
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - We already did that on the DS AND Nintendo didn't give enough info to know whether it's a must-buy or not
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Love the addition of Yoshi! But otherwise it looks like that same game. We already did that.
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - Yay! More good DSi games! Still, it's obviously part of the "little bit of..." strategy that gave of Master of Illusion, Brain Age, and a whole bunch of WarioWare minigames on DSiWare. Just with something a bit more enticing than magic tricks.

Everything else we saw, we already knew about. (Except for the Vitality Sensor. Here, pull my finger.)

What Nintendo didn't show was any expansion of their franchises on the Wii. No Star Fox, FZero, Kid Icarus, or even a whole new franchise. Nintendo seems to be stuck in a tunnel vision with their IP, They are only seeing their biggest franchises and milking them until they're exhausted.

Plus, the presentation was duller than the knives in a child's toy kitchen set. Iwata-san is usually great, but he just yammered on and on and on and on before finally giving us something no one wanted. Reggie did little more than keep his title as the Regginator by defeating some poor sap at basketball. Cammie was much better, but watching her do the robot on stage was not that entertaining. (Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!) So, B+ is my score. Passable, got many viewers interested, but overall fell flat.

thewiirocks

Chatham

@thewiirocks

Sin & Punishment 2 and a complete redeux of the Metroid game engine with Team Ninja is reinventing the genres and surprising the consumers.

PSN N...

Teppo_Holmqvist

thewiirocks wrote:

Nintendo seems to be stuck in a tunnel vision with their IP, They are only seeing their biggest franchises and milking them until they're exhausted.

Except that their press list show 5 new IPs for Wii, one being bid budget JRPG from Monolith Soft.

Teppo_Holmqvist

KnucklesSonic8

Too much Mario, not enough Captain Olimar, Fox McCloud, and Captain Falcon.
Anyway, while I was really happy over some of the stuff, if they focused attention on some other things (especially since Reggie claims he "reads blogs" but clearly only listens to some of it and only partially responds) it could've been better. The lack of certain titles was also very disappointing for me but as a whole, it was good.

Dunno why people are complaining about DSi VC. I wanna say something so badly right now but I can't.

KnucklesSonic8

Chatham

Anyone notice that Reggie has a screenshot on IGN with SSB64 trivia on screen? Hmmm... Maybe a hint it's being released on NA VC soon...

Also, Retro Studios and Bethesda are both working on a "big Wii projects" to be unveiled later this year. Probably at TGS, no one wants to see an Alpha-build preview... (don't quote me, but I'm hoping for a new Zelda and an Elder Scrolls Wii)

@KnuxSonic8
You want to tell the DSi VC gripers that a used GB Color is like $20 or less.

Edited on by Chatham

PSN N...

retired_account

I was very pleased with their presentation. We're getting two new Mario games for the Wii, two new Mario games for the DS, Zelda for the DS, and Golden Sun for the DS.

Retro Studios will more than likely announce what they're working on at TGS. (FPS Star Fox, anyone?) We'll probably see a new Zelda there too.

I must say, I was a tad disappointed till the finale. Metroid: Other M looks incredible, and it should satisfy all the hardcore Nintendo fans. If it doesn't, then screw you you ungrateful sods!

I was skeptical of a Galaxy 2 sequel prior to seeing the E3 trailer, but I'm very much excited for it now. The graphics have seen some nice updates, and riding Yoshi looks great. As long as NSMB Wii has a good single-player experience, I'll be happy with that too.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story will be an instant buy for me.

retired_account

Knux

pixelman wrote:

I was very pleased with their presentation. We're getting two new Mario games for the Wii, two new Mario games for the DS, Zelda for the DS, and Golden Sun for the DS.

Retro Studios will more than likely announce what they're working on at TGS. (FPS Star Fox, anyone?) We'll probably see a new Zelda there too.

I must say, I was a tad disappointed till the finale. Metroid: Other M looks incredible, and it should satisfy all the hardcore Nintendo fans. If it doesn't, then screw you you ungrateful sods!

I was skeptical of a Galaxy 2 sequel prior to seeing the E3 trailer, but I'm very much excited for it now. The graphics have seen some nice updates, and riding Yoshi looks great. As long as NSMB Wii has a good single-player experience, I'll be happy with that too.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story will be an instant buy for me.

Yes,all these game are must-buys,and I'm glad to see someone else besides me is looking forward to Mario & Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story [LOL at the title]. I would like to know people's thoughts on Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days,it's coming out on September 29,2009.

Knux

longtimegamer

I'm surprised people are uset to It's great that they're having a new metroid. Be interesting to see what Team Ninja does with it. Mario's always a good thing.

What's a Vitality senser?
@Pixilman - All that sounds great.
@Chatham - Did they mention Sin and Punishment 2 there? I got the impression, from somewhere on this site, that they didn't.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

KnucklesSonic8

I'm looking forward to that game as well. And yes, many of the games revealed today are must-haves.
And Nintendo's work is not over just yet. Expect one/two more surprises before the event ends this week. Especially given the titles they have on the show floor.

KnucklesSonic8

Dwarfer

zane wrote:

It was ok with or without the standard of the last one (E3-08)

The two marios = perfect. Metroid + Team Ninja I almost cried.

Still...

Where in heaven was Miyamoto?
Where was Kid Icarus?
F-Zero?
Starfox?
Ds VC?
Or even pikmin 3?

Oh and don't even mention the lost Zelda, all we have on wii is a gamecube-port.

You know what is happening in an alternate dimension? Nintendo just announced Pikmin 3, Zelda Wii, Kid Icarus Wii, Star Fox Wii, F-Zero Wii and a DSi VC. Miyamoto even made an appearance. That dimension's 'zane' just made the following post on Nintendo Life:

"It was ok with or without the standard of the last one (E3-08)

Pikmin 3, Zelda Wii, DSi VC, Star Fox, Kid Icarus etc. Perfect! F-Zero + Retro Studios I almost cried.

Still...

Why was Miyamoto on stage?
Where are the new Mario games?
Where is the original DSi Ware content?
Or even the motion plus?

Oh and don't even mention that lost 2D Metroid. Apart from Prime 3 all we have on the Wii is two Gamecube ports of the first two Prime games and all we have on the DS is two Prime spin-offs "

See what I mean? Obviously Nintendo can't announce everything at once, some games will be shown, some games won't. Therefore whatever happened people would be disapointed that x and y games weren't shown despite and b and c games being shown (replace letters with game names).

Dwarfer

retired_account

Yeah it's the best pun-in-the-title ever.

retired_account

longtimegamer

@SonicKnuckles - Yea. I got a message on my Wii about more info coming from E3 on the Nintendo Channel.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Chatham

@longtimegamer

Yes Sin & Punishment 2 and 5 NEW Wii IPs were covered. Which IGN fails to mention... Great new trailer for S&P2. Absolutely stunning in the visual department.

PSN N...

KnucklesSonic8

Nice. This could explain the lack of NC updates from yesterday.

KnucklesSonic8

mariofan5000

comment 9 @chatham
could you give me a link to the SSB64 picture you were talking about?

mariofan5000

thewiirocks

Which E3 were you guys watching? Sin and Punishment 2 was not shown at any point that I saw. It was on the floor, though.

Not that it matters. We already knew about S&P2. It's not news.

@Teppo - How can IPs from other companies be new IPs for Nintendo? That doesn't make any sense.

thewiirocks

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.