Forums

Topic: What is with the movie selection on netflix?

Posts 41 to 52 of 52

irken004

I watched 3 of Wallace and Gromit's episodes. Smashing job, as usual

Cheezy

I love using it to watch TV Shows but yeah I'm guessing that fairly recent movies will obtain instant streaming eventually.

Who Are You?

Malkeor

Pointless for me..l
I work at a video store and get free rentals/games happy dance

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

I saw a surprisingly amusing flick last night. I never would have watched it if it hadn't been available for streaming. It's rated R so nobody under 17 should watch this without parental supervision. It isn't perfect. It's not academy award material. But give it a chance. There are some funny and clever concepts buried within. If it turns out you hate it, at least you didn't waste a DVD slot on it. That's the beauty of streaming. No regrets.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Highway-to-Hell/70147377

I think this review from Netflix user "Gimme shlock" sums it up nicely:

This movie sent me scrambling to look up various Greek myths after I had finished watching it. Full of Classical and pop references, its a quirky retelling of Orpheus descent into Hades to rescue his wife Eurydice but with fast cars, motorcycles, shootouts, and celebrity villains. Fast-paced and funny with a cheesy 80s soundtrack and lots of site gags. Definitely worth checking out. I enjoyed the hell out of this movie.

Edited on by Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

Philip_J_Reed

Hahaha I watched Highway to Hell with some friends a few years ago. It was hilariously awful...we had a great time.

I should go as Hell Cop this Halloween.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Yay! A ringing endorsement! Yeah, Hell Cop looks like Kryten on a "bad head" day.

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

armoredghor

I'm watching full metal alchemist on it now. I think it's now directly linked to the pc version so anything you have there, you have on your wii. finally.

armoredghor

Tasuki

armoredghor wrote:

I'm watching full metal alchemist on it now. I think it's now directly linked to the pc version so anything you have there, you have on your wii. finally.

Yep you can put stuff in your Instant que with your computer and than access it on your Wii.

I just finished watching Carrie and Carrie 2 to get in the Halloween mood.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DavidRY

For any Netflix newcomers you really have to utilize sites like http://instantwatcher.com/ (sorry I don't know how to make that a clickable link!) to get the ful experience out of streaming. There's so much stuff on there and sometimes it can be a bit hard to find, much less sift out the good from the HORRIBLE. (seriously there is so much ridiculously BAD movies on Netflix streaming).

But seriously, whats up with all these high expectations? Its much better than any other streaming service out there like Hulu (even including Hulu's new paid membership stuff). I mean it basically comes down to this: if a studio feels it can make more money from continuing to sell and rent its packaged DVDs rather than sign a deal with Netflix instant watch they will. You won't find all the biggest box office smashing titles (because its already made tens of millions in theaters they KNOW they can still make millions more) but what you will find are childhood favorites, lots of great tv shows, and rare diamonds. (Unfortunately my girlfriend only wants to watch Say Yes to the Dress, Hoarders, and Intervention!)

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far, is there another thread on here that does only that and leaves out the dissenters?

DavidRY

Ravage

Tasuki wrote:

Carrie is an awesome movie; still. Carrie 2 isn`t nearly as good unfortunately. You should watch Firestarter, if it is on Netflix anyhow.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

JonWahlgren

Stuffed wrote:

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far, is there another thread on here that does only that and leaves out the dissenters?

I just made one. Feel free to dump any and all recommendations there.

Edited on by JonWahlgren

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Tasuki

Ravage wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Carrie is an awesome movie; still. Carrie 2 isn`t nearly as good unfortunately. You should watch Firestarter, if it is on Netflix anyhow.

Yeah I usually always watch Carrie for Halloween if I could get a copy which was kinda hard before Netflix since I dont own it. As for The Rage: Carrie 2, that was one I remember seeing advertised years ago when it came out in theaters but I skipped cause I heard that bad reviews it got. Totally forgot that they made it till I looked up Carrie and there it was so I figured what the heck. Another streamed title that I am glad I didnt see in theaters or spend the money to rent from a video store years ago. It was ok just kinda reminded me of a modern remake of Carrie rather than a sequel.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.