Wii Forum

Topic: What do you Think is Nintendos Triple A Game going to be on the shelves?

Showing 21 to 40 of 40

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wiiloveit

21. Posted:

__adam wrote:

New Super Mario World for DS would be a dream come true, but I doubt it.

It's a lot more likely than a new Mario game on the Wii, although remember that they might still unveil a new Mario or Zelda game that's due out next year or even later than that.

I hope it's not Pikmin 3, though. I'm not saying it won't be very good - I just don't want it to be Nintendo's "big game". Hows about Kid Icarus, Ninty?

Or maybe, it could be something completely new altogether! The only new franchises Nintendo have unveiled on the Wii so far are DISASTER and Excite Truck, the former of which isn't even coming to North America, and the latter of which could still be considered as an Excite Bike series spin-off, so I wouldn't be surprised.

It's Wiiloveit, not WiiLoveIt. So there. Wanna play online? E-mail me: billy at wiiloveit dot com
Twitter | YouTube | Mah website | WiiloveitTV (YouTube)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zane

22. Posted:

Show us link using a sword with us controlling 1:1, a new timeframe, guns maybe some fps inspiration. No ganon, no zelda. Make it fresh, start anew. It must be zelda... Pikmin 3 what is that? 3 copies sold? Come on, pikmin is shit compared to the other franchises.

Old Nintendofan from up north...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zane

23. Posted:

__adam wrote:

As much as I'd like to think otherwise, I think a new Kid or Kong would end up being bad.

That was the initial reaction to metroid prime gc. So keep your spirit up.

Old Nintendofan from up north...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tails

24. Posted:

I just hope its something great Someone at gamestop told me they put 1 extra shelf up for thier new product & the company owner knows what it is so if he's saying to put up another shelf it has to be Big lots of people say Wiis Horrible year is this 1 i hope not JUST NO WII MUSIC 2

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rm88

25. Posted:

I really don't know, but I'd love a new Mario game. I don't care if it's for Wii or DS.

ギャグ100回分愛してください

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neomega

26. Posted:

I want star fox, zelda, f-zero, or metroid!

IN THAT ORDER!

(insert comedy here)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nickname

27. Posted:

I really would like it to be a new IP, Nintendo really needs to create something new, or at least improve some old game with really great mechanics.

SSBB: 2063-0609-7724 Pulpo
MKWii: 4811-7060-8455 Pulpo
The Conduit: 4125-3112-7060 Sr. Centy WS: Si
T vs C: 4125 - 6534 - 8792

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

28. Posted:

zane wrote:

__adam wrote:

As much as I'd like to think otherwise, I think a new Kid or Kong would end up being bad.

That was the initial reaction to metroid prime gc. So keep your spirit up.

True, true. Thanks for reminding me.
I remember walking into the mall as if I were walking to the end of the earth where the Metroid Prime demo was going to ruin my life, and walking out much relieved. :)

But that's not going to keep me from being pessimistic, haha. While I liked Prime 1, it still wasn't very Metroidy, and the sequels ... ick, don't get me started. If the rumors are true and Retro is making Kid Icarus, I'm worried it isn't going to feel like the original at all. I just hope it stays level-based and they retain the underworld - overworld - dungeon sequence. Oh, and please don't make him fly for the whole game.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

papermario128

29. Posted:

maybe it's rhythm heaven for wii

:)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KDR_11k

30. Posted:

Wiiloveit wrote:

Or maybe, it could be something completely new altogether! The only new franchises Nintendo have unveiled on the Wii so far are DISASTER and Excite Truck, the former of which isn't even coming to North America, and the latter of which could still be considered as an Excite Bike series spin-off, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Dynamic Slash, Cosmic Walker, Captain Rainbow, ... Yeah, okay, those aren't going to be major sellers but they're still new IPs. I don't even remember the entire list of games unveiled at the October conference.

Raincoat whore!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Outrunner

31. Posted:

@zane: Zelda with guns? What are you, nuts? If they did that I definitely wouldn't buy it. I think Nintendo has more sense than that.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zane

32. Posted:

It would make some sense seeing miyamoto having a huge interest in fps games and some rumours of a zelda fps. Ok maybe not guns more like an automatic crossbow s in Links crossbowtraining or maybe a pocket cannon LOL.

Old Nintendofan from up north...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zane

33. Posted:

__adam wrote:

zane wrote:

__adam wrote:

As much as I'd like to think otherwise, I think a new Kid or Kong would end up being bad.

That was the initial reaction to metroid prime gc. So keep your spirit up.

True, true. Thanks for reminding me.
I remember walking into the mall as if I were walking to the end of the earth where the Metroid Prime demo was going to ruin my life, and walking out much relieved. :)

But that's not going to keep me from being pessimistic, haha. While I liked Prime 1, it still wasn't very Metroidy, and the sequels ... ick, don't get me started. If the rumors are true and Retro is making Kid Icarus, I'm worried it isn't going to feel like the original at all. I just hope it stays level-based and they retain the underworld - overworld - dungeon sequence. Oh, and please don't make him fly for the whole game.

Let´s also hope it is a Kid Icarus and not a Man Icarus. Metrid Prime is probably the best 2d to 3d transition there is in gaming. It was bloody perfect. Maybe because our expectations were low but i for one does not think so. Metroid prime gc futw!!!

Old Nintendofan from up north...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Luigi_La_Bouncy

34. Posted:

I think it's going to be Super Mario Galaxy 2. That game was so good why not make another one?

Luigi_La_Bouncy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KDR_11k

35. Posted:

Luigi+La+Bouncy wrote:

I think it's going to be Super Mario Galaxy 2. That game was so good why not make another one?

Because they didn't do it with Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine? If they make the games too often the franchise will burn out. There are plenty of franchises that started last gen, had three games in a row right away and then became obsolete. Mario has been going since the NES.

Raincoat whore!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

36. Posted:

Funny you bring up the NES, where Mario did have 3 titles and didn't burn out and in fact only became better-selling. :P
But I am just picking on your argument. I agree that a new Galaxy is highly unlikely. Games like that take too much time to be churned out repeatedly, especially given how different Miyamoto wants each title to be. I don't think he would be satisfied with a straightforward sequel based on Galaxy. They haven't done something like that in a long time.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

breaderer

37. Posted:

zane wrote:

Show us link using a sword with us controlling 1:1, a new timeframe, guns maybe some fps inspiration. No ganon, no zelda. Make it fresh, start anew. It must be zelda... Pikmin 3 what is that? 3 copies sold? Come on, pikmin is shit compared to the other franchises.

There is so many words I could say, but for now I'll pretend I didn't see that

Don't read this, please..

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zane

38. Posted:

Pikmin is still awful... :D

Old Nintendofan from up north...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonicpro

39. Posted:

The biggest chance is a new Zelda. Why? Because they said they were working on Wii and DS Zelda's, one already announced, and there has yet to be a 'real' Wii Zelda. We also have Pikmin 3 announced and a new Mario on the way.

O o
/¯/___________________________ ________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!! BLAAAAGHH!!
_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mojo25

40. Posted:

I need to say Monster Hunter 3. Man, that game is going to be EPIC. I just hope they release it in the US....and soon.

But you lucky people in the UK get it this Summer... =.="

Edited on by mojo25

Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.