Forums

Topic: Weeping over Wii

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

Vendetta

theblackdragon wrote:

i fail to see how being a woman would automatically make her want a black wii. did i miss something there?

Perhaaaaaaaaaaaps....

Vendetta

Ramandus

The white Wii isn't satisfying enough.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

Sean_Aaron

rustythekid wrote:

Nintendo commands you to delete the downloaded games because it's ilegaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!, turtles are awesome too!

How would it be illegal? The shop account is tied to the machine; there's no fraud being perpetrated by leaving games legitimately downloaded to the box on the box that did the download to begin with. Or am I missing something here?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Thomas_Joseph

I don't know why Nintendo can't strike on a somewhat fair compromise, like Apple did with iTunes media. You can register your consoles (they're tied into an account, not a machine) in your name, and the games are playable on that system. You get a new system, you have to deregister the other, and once it is deregistered, the games will not play. This way, if your console dies and you buy a new one, you can register the new one and play your games immediately after redownloading them. I also don't think it's all that unreasonable to allow people to register a second machine under the same name.

How do Sony and MS handle their downloadable games? Are they tied into the account or the machine?

Edited on by Thomas_Joseph

Currently playing: Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), Infinite Space (NDS)

Friend Codes
Monster Lab: 4511-9376-9582; Water Warfare: 3781-7983-7040; TMNT Smash Up: 2064-0130-4425
[strong]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: 2149-9558-3085 (Deuce); Conduit: 3782-0434...

Sean_Aaron

I think they're tied to an account (fairly certain that's true with Xbox; not as sure about PS3). I agree Nintendo really should have gone with the account method, although the way they've done it does take into account the more local multi-user focus of the system. I don't think they'd have as much success trying to get people online if they then had to register an account of some kind in order to download extra content -- possibly they could somehow support both methods?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Odnetnin

theblackdragon wrote:

Viral wrote:

the first game I'm buying when I get that money in hand is New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

good choice. maybe it'll take your mind off of things. :3

I agree with thebirthdaygirl. I'm sorry about your predicament, but the best game on Wii (especially in multiplayer) should soften the blow.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Ramandus

Odnetnin wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Viral wrote:

the first game I'm buying when I get that money in hand is New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

good choice. maybe it'll take your mind off of things. :3

I agree with thebirthdaygirl. I'm sorry about your predicament, but the best game on Wii (especially in multiplayer) should soften the blow.

I usually agree with you Odnetnin, but I have to say that Brawl is still the winner at best game and best multiplayer game.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

Pikamander2

You could always use the Savegame Manager, but you would have to install the Homebrew Channel.

Pikamander2

Odnetnin

@Ramandus Ditto, I usually agree with you too. And Brawl was easily my favorite Wii game, even one of my favorites of all time, until NSMB Wii came along. Brawl has impressed many unforgettable memories of late night matches with friends and such into my brain, and it is quite possibly the most replayable game ever. I bought NSMB unsure of what to expect, and was at first underwhelmed by the game (World 1-1 is extremely bland and easy, etc.). Farther into it, it slowly climbed up my list of epic single-player experiences on Wii. Then my cousins came over for an all-night and morning NSMB marathon, during which we soldiered through the entire second half of the game. It was hilarious, it was nerve-wracking, it was intense, and we had a time limit (they had to leave at 10:00 AM on Saturday and they didn't arrive til after 8:00 PM Friday night). Every level was filled with memorable deaths and trials, and we made it to the game's final boss before they had to say farewell. Incomparable, Brawl and Mario Bros., maybe, but unless you were there, you have no idea of the utter joy I experienced with my cousins that night and morning, and how we even bonded amidst it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Mabbit

bye a SD card and you can transfer them over, it may take a long time to do that though...like an hour

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.