Forums

Topic: VC games after a reformat...

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Whopper744

I know this has probably already been asked, but...
My Wii will say that the system files are corrupt every once in a while when I turn it on, and it tells me I need to reformat.
I have a ton of VC games downloaded though, some to the console and some to SD card. Can I re download those after a reformat?
Also, does anyone know a fix for this error, or a crazy way to backup SSB Brawl, Mario kart wii and Animal Crossing data?

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Whopper744

Has anybody ever seen this error before? I really don't' want to have to reformat if there is a way to fix this!! Can I re download those games?

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

JustAnotherUser

You should be able to re-download them from the Wii Shop Channel if you don't delete the Shop account.
I don't know any "technically" legal way. Sorry.

JustAnotherUser

Whopper744

That's what I thought. Thanks for letting me know that. I feel a little bit better knowing that I can get those VC games back...just sucks that I'd lose Brawl, Kart, and AC data...and our Mii's...I wonder what caused that stupid error

Dizzy_Boy

the problem with reformating your wii is that you will lose all saved data and everybody on your friends list, and you can`t use any save files or games backed up on your sd card.
you can re download all wii shop games for free as you`ve already payed for them, but it`s a long boring task to do so.
what might be usefull is if you rang or emailed nintendo, they may offer to look into the problem if you sent your wii to them as they can reset your wii, and restore all saved files. this maybe the better option if you don`t want to lose anything you`ve put alot of time amd effort into. although, nintendo may charge you for doing this, and you`ll be without your wii for about 10 days.
if you do decide to send your wii to nintendo, write down your wii`s serial number (on the side of the wii) just incase they send back the wrong wii. it`s unlikely, but mix up`s do happen and nintendo can send back the right wii or a raplacement if something goes wrong if you can quote the serial number.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Whopper744

my_point_is wrote:

the problem with reformating your wii is that you will lose all saved data and everybody on your friends list, and you can`t use any save files or games backed up on your sd card.
you can re download all wii shop games for free as you`ve already payed for them, but it`s a long boring task to do so.
what might be usefull is if you rang or emailed nintendo, they may offer to look into the problem if you sent your wii to them as they can reset your wii, and restore all saved files. this maybe the better option if you don`t want to lose anything you`ve put alot of time amd effort into. although, nintendo may charge you for doing this, and you`ll be without your wii for about 10 days.
if you do decide to send your wii to nintendo, write down your wii`s serial number (on the side of the wii) just incase they send back the wrong wii. it`s unlikely, but mix up`s do happen and nintendo can send back the right wii or a raplacement if something goes wrong if you can quote the serial number.

Sounds like a good idea. But did you say you can't restore save files that you copy to the SD card?? Why even back them up to the card then?
Thanks again for the advice though.

theblackdragon

whoa whoa whoa, you can copy VC save-files from the SD card — you have to have redownloaded the game(s) in question first, though. Otherwise it thinks that game hasn't been downloaded before and gives you an error message.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Whopper744

theblackdragon wrote:

whoa whoa whoa, you can copy VC save-files from the SD card — you have to have redownloaded the game(s) in question first, though. Otherwise it thinks that game hasn't been downloaded before and gives you an error message.

Ok. Sorry I think I read into it wrong.
Thanks.

Captain-N

There is also a nasty rumor I can't confirm, that you will lose any save data on your system, after sending it in for repair. Now, I don't know this to be fact. But, I have heard of it happening to ppl. Perhaps it only happened to ppl who hard/soft modded their systems? I don't know, but I just thought I'd make you aware. However, yes if you can be assured the intact-ness of your data, then send it in to Nintendo. Maybe, & this is just me being optimistic, you can ask Nintendo about keeping your data in one piece, during, & after their repair? It's worth a try. I hope you can get your problem settled.

Edit: As has already been pointed out, there is a difference to formatting your Wii system, & Wii Shop Account.

Edited on by Captain-N

Captain-N

DarkEdi

Is there another form to do this without sending my Wii via mail? I´m from Mexico and Nintendo doesn´t do service here and it is sad.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.