Forums

Topic: Updated Mii Channel In Need

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Modern_Legend

I take the stance that wii need an updated mii channel. I say we need more hairdos, we need to be able to change the color of our pants (excluding wifi and and favorites) freely, along with our shoes. And finally we need to have t-shirts as an option! Maybe we can even make a little big planet with them LOL (forget animal crossing! ). Hehe, would you guys say this would be a sweet update?

PSN ID: MixedMajik
Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

AlexSays

DaDun wrote:

Hehe, would you guys say this would be a sweet update?

I'd say the exact opposite.

How much time do people actually spend on the Mii Channel anyway?

AlexSays

Oath

I think..... clothes should in no way be updated into the channel, if anything just facial and overall head things, just to make the Mii resemble you.

Oath

TJtheHeretic

they should make it look like ps3 home and let us have houses and let us do other tnings with friends

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

theblackdragon

AlexSays wrote:

DaDun wrote:

whenever I go in to muck around with some Miis, I'll usually spend at least an hour on it. I don't know why... it's like, I'll look up at the clock again, and an hour will have passed and I didn't even realize i'd spent so long fighting to get (insert detail here) to look juuuuuuuust right. o_O

it would be nice for them to update the Mii Channel with some new facial features/details so that it's not quite so hard to get some things to look right, but on the other hand, i like going into the Check Mii Out channel to see what creative (and sometimes obscene) things people have come up with just with what's there already. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Modern_Legend

AlexSays wrote:

DaDun wrote:

Lol i actually use to spend tons of time making miis of celebs and people i know cuz i love creating caricatures (ask my neighbour, i spent almost an hour just creating my own fighter in UFC) so id say i have spent a lot of time on it. I deleted a lot after realizing i had a full 100, so i got rid of 60 to free up space since there is no style (thanks to nintendo) that distinguishes miis after you have too many xD

EDIT to blackdragon I know what you mean by spending a lot of time getting one thing right, its really fun to tweak angles and stuff. Also, on your other point, IMAGINE how much cooler the miis would be in the check mii out channel if the creators had more tools at their disposal

Edited on by Modern_Legend

Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

Stevie

The only update needed is fingers. I have never been able to grasp how they can hold a golf club or a bowling ball without fingers. (Unintentional pun)

Ravage

I do think they need more hair styles...and...i don't know...the Mii channel is really just a Mii creator so it doesn't need houses or that other crap.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Modern_Legend

__Stevie wrote:

The only update needed is fingers. I have never been able to grasp how they can hold a golf club or a bowling ball without fingers. (Unintentional pun)

Ya along with arms...miis really need to get those lol

@Ravage ya i realize that was a little excessive, my bad xD, got carried away
@Ricardo I agree, nothing more i can say

ToadFan

If you buy Personal Trainer Walking you can make a mii on your ds and your mii's can have difrent outfits and put the mii on the wii.

Also couple days ago I was playing Mario Kart Wii on Nintendo Wi-Fi and on Cocunt Mall I saw a girl mii wearing a T-shirt and carpries. How can you do that?

Edited on by ToadFan

ToadFan

HappyHappy

I would like to see new hair, clothes, headgear, and pants.

So many good games, so little money to spend.
3DS FC: 2148-8542-0062 Name:Ram-Z
Add me if you dare!
3DS Games:
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Twitter:

MuljoStpho

I'm not into the hacking scene so I'm just going off what I remember reading on the subject a while back, but the reason why we haven't seen any updates to the Mii format is because they can't update it. When they designed the Miis they crammed meaning into every last bit possible in the format of the Mii's save file. There are pretty much no unused bits in there that they can associate with any additional features. They can't add anything to the format without changing the format completely and breaking compatibility with all existing Mii-compatible titles.

However, I think they can update them easily enough by creating a separate data file for the new information. They do it already for Mii compatible games like Wii Sports anyway. (The information about your scores is tied to a specific Mii but it is stored in a file associated with the game.)

So say they add a new section to Check Mii Out that allows you to pick costumes and accessories and maybe even change other things like add extra arms or change the shape of the body to an animal shape. Things added to a Mii this way would not show up in the Mii Channel (unless they alter it it to check for this information) and it wouldn't show up in old Mii compatible games, but future games could be designed to check for Check Mii Out data for each Mii it detects on the system. (And if you don't have Check Mii Out it could still just show the regular Miis.)

Toad+Fan+101 wrote:

Also couple days ago I was playing Mario Kart Wii on Nintendo Wi-Fi and on Cocunt Mall I saw a girl mii wearing a T-shirt and carpries. How can you do that?

I'm sure that was specific to that game. Nothing's forcing them to use the same body or clothes as the Mii Channel. Miis wear sports clothes in the games in Wii Sports.

Edited on by MuljoStpho

MuljoStpho

ToadFan

@MuljoStpho No it was not I was playing as a mii. And I wathched her for more than 5 coures.

ToadFan

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.