Wii Forum

Topic: Good Games You Might Not Be Aware Of (Look at Post #1)

Showing 81 to 100 of 126

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

81. Posted:

kkslider wrote:

random stuff

None of this has anything to do with my question. lol

One day you will post something that isn't completely biased and actually contributes to the discussion at hand, I swear. Just keep working on it.

Again, someone name a genre on the Wii that has more critically acclaimed games than the other consoles. This should be easy since the Wii is all about diversity and the other consoles are one trick ponies, am I right bronies?

I don't care about everyone's opinions. Of course you all think the other consoles completely suck, this is a site tailored towards Nintendo fanboys. But when you say a library is a lot more diverse, you have to at least back it up. That's not an opinionated statement.

pixelman wrote:

Short answer: The Wii does have some good games, some exclusive masterpieces, a lot of terrible games, and its versions of multiplatform games are usually crappy and dumbed down.

/thread

I can live with this conclusion.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RogueBologna

82. Posted:

Mabbit wrote:

EIectricmastro wrote:

Nick-Clegg wrote:

2010 was the year of the Wii.

[/div]

[/div]

Who says it was ONLY 2010?

[/div]

Cause year is singular.

:O I have not seen you in a long time. WB. :)

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

83. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Wait a second. From what I understand the PS3/360 only have grey brown shooters with Balde space marines but what are these.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

[/div]

Whatever that game is in the 2nd screenshot looks amazing.
And Viva P for the 360 is possibly one of the most gorgeous and beautifuly-creative titles I've ever played....I don't actually 'like' the game game, as it's not my cup of tea but the world that it's set in and the pinata creatures are just amazing......I'd throw the game on just to have on as a screensaver on my big HDTV. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

84. Posted:

Short answer: The Wii does have some good games, some exclusive masterpieces, a lot of terrible games, and its versions of multiplatform games are usually crappy and dumbed down.

/thread

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

85. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

kkslider wrote:

random stuff

[/div]

None of this has anything to do with my question. lol

One day you will post something that isn't completely biased and actually contributes to the discussion at hand, I swear. Just keep working on it.

Says the person who constantly changes the discussion of a topic so that he can attempt to start another Wii VS. 360/PS3 or Nintendo VS. Sony/Microsoft argument.

Again, someone name a genre on the Wii that has more critically acclaimed games than the other consoles. This should be easy since the Wii is all about diversity and the other consoles are one trick ponies, am I right bronies?

I don't care about everyone's opinions. Of course you all think the other consoles completely suck, this is a site tailored towards Nintendo fanboys. But when you say a library is a lot more diverse, you have to at least back it up. That's not an opinionated statement.

Backing something up doesn't mean people have to use your rules. Sometimes games receive a completely different reception from gamers than they do from the critics. Take the Tales of series for example. The user score on metacritic for games in this series is (almost) always higher than the the metascore as critics rarely give the series the appreciation it deserves. Even so, I'll answer your question, platformers.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

86. Posted:

@Waveboy

Yep VP and Banjo nuts and bolts are probably two of my ravorote games visually speaking this gen. Thats what I want from rare and nintendo next gen. Lots of charm and color.

The other game is fez which is one of my contenders for goty this year. I still havent beat kt yet but its just a joy to play.

Untitled

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

87. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Says the person who constantly changes the discussion of a topic so that he can attempt to start another Wii VS. 360/PS3 or Nintendo VS. Sony/Microsoft argument.

Well if people on this site could have a thread without needlessly bashing the other companies, I wouldn't have to defend them constantly.

I realize asking for impartial opinions on a site is a bit of a stretch, but seeing as how I have no brand loyalty, I'll always jump in and defend whoever is getting attacked for no reason.

People easily could have avoided dismissing the other consoles in this thread.

Backing something up doesn't mean people have to use your rules. Sometimes games receive a completely different reception from gamers than they do from the critics. Take the Tales of series for example. The user score on metacritic for games in this series is (almost) always higher than the the metascore as critics rarely give the series the appreciation it deserves. Even so, I'll answer your question, platformers.

My rules? The rules of using an impartial third party rather than falling back on the Nintendo fanboy motto, "But, but everything is opinion!" that's great and all, but also horribly convenient when there are no numbers in your favor. Lol

Thank you for actually answering the question though. It did come after the apparently mandatory speech on my posting style, but we have an answer nonetheless. I feel as if this is a big step for all of us.

Now once I rest up and am on a more convenient platform for list creating, we will take a detailed look at your answer. So I hope you are looking forward to it.

For everyone else, more genres would be greatly beneficial to your point here. After all, if the Wii only has more games in one genre, that would mean it has fewer in all the rest. Ie. not very diverse. So I'm expecting a list of genres to refute when I get back. As well as the usual comments on how my posting style does not fit the typical stereotype for this site, which I am fine with I promise.. lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

88. Posted:

Yes, the Wii has good games. I would say that the majority of the critically "Good" games on the Wii are masterpieces. However, people say that the Wii "has no good games" because of a select few reasons. One of them is that there was no consistency in quality game releases. About every two months there was some big-profile game being released for the Xbox 360 or PS3. With the Wii, most people had to wait 3-7 months before we got something well worth playing. There's also the fact that the Wii didn't have a wide range of titles from each genre. I'm sure there is at least one good game in every genre for the Wii, but the problem is that those games usually remained the only competitors on the console. And finally, I think the last reason is that the Wii just did not have many FPS/War games. Whether you like it or not, the market is basically saying that they want games with guns and going against market trends usually means alienating the majority of audiences.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bonesy91

89. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Wait a second. From what I understand the PS3/360 only have grey brown shooters with Balde space marines but what are these.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I know they don't just have shooters lol (I own a PS3). But usually when I go into a talk about either system, all I here is talk of shooters... and if you go to look up top games for either system (not downloadable like 3 of those 4 are) the lists usually contain about 70% shooters, 10% OK Rpgs, and 20% other.
and those shooters and Rpgs (at least the american variety) usually include Generic Tough Main character... but everyone has their own reasons to like/dislike a system.

and you forgot this.

Untitled

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

90. Posted:

bonesy91 wrote:

and you forgot this.

Untitled

Like he was trying to put together a definitive list of colorful, non-shootery games. :P

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

91. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Well if people on this site could have a thread without needlessly bashing the other companies, I wouldn't have to defend them constantly.

Last I checked, multi-million dollar corporations don't need to be defended from the blatherings of blatant fanboys, least of all from you, a random nonaffiliate. Not to say there's anything wrong with pointing out the fact that someone is clearly misinformed, but you really don't need to make it out like it's your job or something. You're not their bodygaurds, and it's not like anyone here is suddenly gonna change thanks to your 'advice'.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

92. Posted:

Can someone please explain to me the point of this thread? Because I don't see anything going on in here aside from nitpicking, complaining, bickering, and fingerpointing. No one outside of this site is going to bother with this thread (and if they do they'll just shake their head at it), and the people who visit the site regularly probably don't need to be convinced that there are fun games to play on Wii.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenbro

93. Posted:

@pixelman, they'll be deciding that for themselves, anyways.

If bias PS3 and X-box 360 fans visit this site with the intentions to troll the threads with their bigoted perspective's, they already know what type of reactions they will likely incite. NLife has designated threads specifically dedicated to the discussion of PS3 and X-box 360. This type of discussion shouldn't really even be occurring in the first place.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

94. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Can someone please explain to me the point of this thread? Because I don't see anything going on in here aside from nitpicking, complaining, bickering, and fingerpointing. No one outside of this site is going to bother with this thread (and if they do they'll just shake their head at it), and the people who visit the site regularly probably don't need to be convinced that there are fun games to play on Wii.

The ultimate intention of this topic was to explain to people who underestimated the Wii's ability to have great games aside from just first-party titles.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV), and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

95. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Last I checked, multi-million dollar corporations don't need to be defended from the blatherings of blatant fanboys, least of all from you, a random nonaffiliate.

This is all that needs to be said. It's like people's opinions are theories to some of you, and it's your duty to disprove them at every given moment.

Just let it be.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

96. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Last I checked, multi-million dollar corporations don't need to be defended from the blatherings of blatant fanboys, least of all from you, a random nonaffiliate.

[/div]

This is all that needs to be said. It's like people's opinions are theories to some of you, and it's your duty to disprove them at every given moment.

Just let it be.

Thank you for this logic in a world of insanity.

Both of you. Kudos.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

97. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Last I checked, multi-million dollar corporations don't need to be defended from the blatherings of blatant fanboys, least of all from you, a random nonaffiliate.

This is all that needs to be said. It's like people's opinions are theories to some of you, and it's your duty to disprove them at every given moment.

Just let it be.

Thank you for this logic in a world of insanity.

Both of you. Kudos.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument is an exchange of ignorance.”

  • Robert Quillen

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV), and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super-Mario-Fan

98. Posted:

There are so many people I know who think that the Wii is horrible or has bad games and that gets me mad because they never even played the Wii. I dont get why everyone hates the Wii its a good console.

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

99. Posted:

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

There are so many people I know who think that the Wii is horrible or has bad games and that gets me mad because they never even played the Wii. I dont get why everyone hates the Wii its a good console.

Well, even though the Wii has sold the most units, just for the sake of comparison, but without any arguments, what are the most popular games on Xbox and on PlayStation...

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV), and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Koos

100. Posted:

It is because people don't know the games that are on. Some of them hardly even had reviews. Heavy gamers who already played all the previous consoles and the VC needed a more steady flow of games so they wandered to other consoles and paid less attention to the wii. Relatively Casual or lack of time gamers just assumed that the Wii had only motion sport party games and bought the big name games on other consoles. So people who had the good fortune to play games on the Wii (other than the more super casuals) are either Nintendo fans or drawn to innovation, the VC, the unique charm and so on.

Edited on by Koos

Koos

Sorry, this topic has been locked.