Forums

Topic: The Wii is MUCH way smaller than other game consoles, WHY?

Posts 41 to 48 of 48

vio

theblackdragon wrote:

@vio: not cool, man FYI, our profiles all show what country we're from. hulklol is from Costa Rica, so I'd assume that English is, in fact, not his first language.

Sorry, I was in a really bad mood when I wrote that. I'll delete the post.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Mandoble

Well, yeah, I always wondered why is the DS much way smaller than Wii ...
And now Im wondering why these portable tamagochu things are way smaller than a DS ...

Mandoble

dumpweed

Becuase it doesn't have a hard drive for one reason. It's about the same power as a Gamecube and that was nearly 6 year old technology when it came out. It should be smaller

dumpweed

Sean_Aaron

dumpweed wrote:

Becuase it doesn't have a hard drive for one reason. It's about the same power as a Gamecube and that was nearly 6 year old technology when it came out. It should be smaller

Given the size of the optical drive and the inclusion of Gamecube controller ports and memory card slots I really don't see how you could make it smaller. If you open one up you'll see it's jammed tight in there like an Apple product.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

breegullblaster

its small so that it can fit in those tiny japanese rooms without taking too much space : )

Maybe...Godzilla is inside each one of us.

Stuffgamer1

@Sean Aaron: The PS3 is convex, not concave. I admit that's a bit awkward, but I disagree about the looks of the unit as a whole. That comes down to personal tastes. I wouldn't say it's bad console design to make the thing properly ventilated unlike the 360, though. If they jammed it together like you say the innards of a Wii are, it'd overheat in no time due to the high-power processing in the system.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Sean_Aaron

I still confuse convex and concave even all these years later. If the PS3 were concave like the Xbox, it would definitely improve it!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Aviator

@Sean Concave caves in.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.