Forums

Topic: The Super Guide Humiliation Thread

Posts 21 to 27 of 27

Trevor_Fox

@Kid_A

You can always go back and replay the level without using the Super Guide, and everything'll be okay. Red flashing levels are incomplete, Red levels are levels beaten using a Super Guide, and Blue levels are levels the play has completed without any help from the Super Guide.

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

Bakajin

I was having trouble getting the 2nd world 1-fortress star coin so I triggered it to see if Luigi would go for star coins. Then I think it riggered involuntarily a couple of times on worlds 7 and 8, but I never hit the box. Games like this I never both too much about things like 'trying not to die,' so if I'd been more focused I probably could've avoided that annoying beeping green box. Luigi does go through the levels slow-as-molasses.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Kid_A

Trevor_Fox wrote:

@Kid_A

You can always go back and replay the level without using the Super Guide, and everything'll be okay. Red flashing levels are incomplete, Red levels are levels beaten using a Super Guide, and Blue levels are levels the play has completed without any help from the Super Guide.

[sigh of relief] thank goodness for that!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

Bakajin wrote:

I was having trouble getting the 2nd world 1-fortress star coin so I triggered it to see if Luigi would go for star coins. Then I think it riggered involuntarily a couple of times on worlds 7 and 8, but I never hit the box. Games like this I never both too much about things like 'trying not to die,' so if I'd been more focused I probably could've avoided that annoying beeping green box. Luigi does go through the levels slow-as-molasses.

Yeah I know what you mean. If I would've been more careful I probably could've ended the game with 99 lives, but I always try to get fancy with my platforming, which usually ends in disaster.

And yes after doing the super guide once I knew I would never do it again--Luigi takes his friggin' time doesn't he?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Stevie

I'm on 8-5 now and have had the super guide pop up twice, although I did not use it. I can't understand all the complaining about it when it was announced, all I can assume is that people jumped to conclusions and thought the game would automatically take over from the player and complete a part of the level which is not the case. It is a helpful addition for people who struggle with the game and completely avoidable for the rest. The only thing about it that annoyed me was the beeping sound that it made.

Edited on by Stevie

Paperclip

Just got this game, it's so much awesomeness. I'm actually surprised it didn't come up yet. I remember dieing a lot in a row, guess just not eight times. Then again, I'm only just starting World 5.

Check out my classy comics.

Trevor_Fox

I've gotten the Super Guide. ='(
Now I'm Super Sad. ='((( Level 7-6 is killin' me. But, I am trying to get all the bonus coins in the level. Has anyone played this level yet?

SPOILERS

This level is filled with para-buzzies (right name?) and eventually the ground run out, and the player is forced to jump from para-buzzy to para-buzzy for the remainder (majority) of the level. Luckily, Yoshi is included, but trying to get those coins....Argh! I get to the very last one, and grab it! Yes! Now I just have to make two more jumps and I'm back on land! But...I guess I get too excited because right in mid jump, Mario spins off of Yoshi. No! Yoshi plummets into the abyss, while I'm left shaking the remote frantically, trying to buy enough air time to get Mario onto the next Para-buzzy's back. So far I have been unsuccessful. Again. ='(

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.