Forums

Topic: the reality for the wii!!!

Posts 101 to 105 of 105

CheifThunder

Fanboy is some one who thinks a console is perfect and buying shite games claiming its justifed by a brand name,and see no wrong which makes them arrogant.

Edited on by CheifThunder

console/wii speak:Cheif 1946-8010-7975-7566 *MarioKart:Cheif 1162-1932-4851
*COD Reflex:NWC-Cheif 2258-6973-0031 *Tatsunoko vs Capcom:CHEIF 1376-9439-0913
*The Conduit:NL]Cheif 0389-1238-5809 *SSBBrawl:CHEIF 4941-7979-0037

mnementh

liammiller18 wrote:

I'll be frank, the only decent games the Wii has left are Nintendo games and occasional third party stuff, reminds me an awful lot of the Gamecube.

This is really interesting to me. I wasn't playing at all last generation and I've been trying to find out if this is true. People sometimes say that third party support for Gamecube was bad, but when I tried to find old titles to play, I found quite a lot of 3rd party games to play. So was it bad or not? Can anyone list me games that could have been multiplatform but weren't, last generation? Games that didn't appear on the Gamecube? For example I noticed that Baldur's gate I was on NGC but Baldur's Gate 2 wasn't. What are some of the other games?

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

Matt_B

Third party support on the Cube wasn't bad; there are plenty of great games for it. It just wasn't what it could have been. Just look down the list of good PS2 games; there's very little that was technically beyond the capabilities of Nintendo's machine. In general it was a lot more powerful and, for multiplatform games, the Cube was more often than not the machine of choice. However, when Sony were outselling them by five to one, there just wasn't much money in ports and the PS2 was the obvious place to go for exclusives.

The Wii has rather different issues. It's got tons of third party games, some of which are selling very well, but it's technically incapable of doing a decent job when it comes to ports of the best 360 and PS3 games. Whilst some people point to a HD edition of the Wii as means of fixing this, the problems are as much to do with a lack of processing power and RAM, so a graphical upgrade alone would not solve that particular issue.

Matt_B

mnementh

thanks. can you list specific games that were made for xbox and ps2 but not for cube? unfortunately, I have lost faith in any (action) multiplatform game to be on the wii... everytime it's the same story, except a few. but it wasn't like that with the cube? i know it shouldn't be because it was the most powerful but then people say it was the same.

Edited on by mnementh

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

toby_bob3

liammiller18 I'm gonna clarify what really rules on the console with out being developed by Nintendo
little king story
zack and wiki
okami
punch out
de blob
monster hunters 3 (judging by Japanese reviews)
madworld
resi4

Edited on by toby_bob3

i keep being blocked ?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.