Forums

Topic: The Last Story

Posts 281 to 300 of 424

SKTTR

I beat it a few days ago, was LV70 and played 42 hours (compared to Xenoblade's 170 hours).

I have started the Newgameplus (LV99 now, chapter 32, 999999G, maxing out all items, weapons and gear) and I play online to get the online-only items.

A few comparisons to XB:
TLS has better characters, pace and story and online, and it doesn't feel very "Japanese".
XBC has more content/game length, more exploration, more overall depth and stuff to fiddle around with.

Both are about equal with their very good graphics and outstanding soundtracks and their simple and fun battle systems.

I give em both 10/10 because, well they deserve it.

Personally I like TLS better. Simply because I was glad when XBC was over (it was too long, too epic, too stretched), and I cried a tear when TLS was over (I dunno, there was something touchy about it compared to the confusing ending of Xeno) so I had to start a NewGame+ which is better in TLS also as you transfer just everything over to a new story.

And I like the unlimited inventory of TLS. I mean XBC had lots of space in the backpack, but you couldn't collect everything because there's not enough space. Unfortunately. So TLS is the better hunters&collectors/completionists/perfectionists game as well.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Henmii

I fear I am totally stuck. I just can't beat the boss called Lesser shade, the boss found in the shady (I did that on purpose) tavern. Every time when Dagran shouts: "Don't let him replenish his health", he already has done it! Maybe I just am to weak. Maybe I don't have the right equipment. Someone on youtube did beat him in just a few moments. Since it looks like I can't leave the area, I think I am screwed!

Henmii

voulg160

what lv are you all you need to do (from memory) is get yurick to case fire everywhere to make it damageable then when he takes over someone difuse the girls magic circle to heal them

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

Megatron2000

Bad news everyone apparently The Last Story is going to be a very limited release because Xseed thinks there isn't much of a market for The Last Story D|

Here's the source
http://www.wiiwarewave.com/t1961-the-last-story-will-see-a-ve...

I'm a member at the following forums
https://www.nintendolife.com
http://www.wiiwarewave.forumotion.com
http://www.gamefaqs.com
Looking forward to the WiiWare RPG Star Guardian Bankai 64 |D

voulg160

They thought that with radiant Historia as well but looked what happened

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

Henmii

"what lv are you all you need to do (from memory) is get yurick to case fire everywhere to make it damageable then when he takes over someone difuse the girls magic circle to heal them"

Easier said then done! Yurick does cast fire, and there are fire baskets around that you can kick into the boss. But that doesn't do it for me. I can't beat him!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

voulg160

Try diffusing them then And then lay into him with syrren and daggren if you stuck watch an example on YouTube or just give it a break
Also i finished it today and in my opinion its deserves Game of the year

Backloggery
fc is 2750-1120-9537

FonistofCruxis

voulg160 wrote:

Try diffusing them then And then lay into him with syrren and daggren if you stuck watch an example on YouTube or just give it a break
Also i finished it today and in my opinion its deserves Game of the year

Isn't it a bit early to be saying that? Unless you mean Wii GOTY then I can understand that as its unlikely that we'll see any announcements of new Wii games and out of the remaining Wii games to come out Pandora's tower looks like the only one that has a chance of being better than TLS but I think TLS looks like the better of the two.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

voulg160

No I meant in general yet again my opinions are likely to change when more games come out and I agree it probably will get WII G.O.T.Y unless something new comes out (unlikely)

Backloggery
fc is 2750-1120-9537

Nintenbro

@voulg160, you believe, "The Last Story," deserves, "Game of the Year," more so than, "Xenoblade Chronicles"?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Nintenbro

Oops...

Well, it'll be battling with, "Xenoblade Chronicles," for that title in North America.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Whopper744

Hm.. This game looks pretty nice. I haven't played many RPG's though...I think the only ones I've really beat (and I've beat alot of games) is Super Mario RPG, and the Paper Mario games.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

voulg160

G4L wrote:

@voulg160, you believe, "The Last Story," deserves, "Game of the Year," more so than, "Xenoblade Chronicles"?

I be honestly i haven't played xenoblade yet ive heard at lot of great news about it though and I'm planning to pick it up sometime this year

Backloggery
fc is 2750-1120-9537

SKTTR

Xenoblade gets 2 awards from me: "Best Soundtrack 2011" and "Best RPG 2011", but "Best Game 2011" is Skyward Sword. It wasn't as long as XBC, but it had more innovations and more different things to do.

Though it's early, I think The Last Story has good chances for "Best RPG 2012". I liked it more than XBC tbh, mostly because XBC dragged on too long sometimes with a flood of repeating sidequests and endless exploration (searching for a specific person/enemy/item showing up at a certain time in a certain place in a huuuuge area) prolonging the game. XBC is the excellent choice for rpgamers who want to spent hundreds of hours of times with their game. TLS is much shorter, more compact and at a better pace imo, and the story isn't as confusing, and the battle system is amazing although XBC's one is great as well.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

FonistofCruxis

@SKTTR Xenoblade chronicles gets all three of those awards from me if ports don't count but if they do then they all go to Tales of the Abyss but then again I haven't played Skyward sword yet. I agree with you on the sidequest, they did seem like they were more quantity over quality but I didn't do all of them. As for the story, I didn't find it that confusing until the ending. There are quite a few plotholes because of the ending.

Henmii

@voulg160,

I think I just give it a break for now. I'll try it again in a couple of weeks or so.

Henmii

kkslider5552000

well in North America, GOTY wouldn't surprise me...for me. But there's tough competion from Bioshock Infinite and Assassin's Creed 3.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Nintenbro

XSeed is only producing 25,000 copies for North America? That has to be a joke, right? You know, why even give the game any type of chance to sell successfully.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.