Wii Forum

Topic: The Last Story

Showing 161 to 180 of 425

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

161. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Heres the first European trailer for the game:
It definitely doesn't sound as good as the Japanese version but I think its ridiculous that in some of the comments on youtube people are making assumptions that the game as a whole will have bad localization just because of that.

which is ridiculous. it will have good localisation like xenoblade chronicles and plus, up to 4 players can play this game, and if this is true, then it is fantastic.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

162. Posted:

I just found out that they're doing some pointless name changing with the European version of this game. The main character Elza, is now being called Zael and Ruli island and Ruli city will now be called Lazulis island and Lazulis city. They may have made some name changes in XBC but those were only for characters with weirder names like changing Fiorung to Fiora and Carna to Sharla. I don't see whats wrong with the name Elza or the names Ruli island and Ruli city.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

163. Posted:

Because they are better names?

Ruli? Wow, that's bad. Really bad. Whoever named that city should be ashamed.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Linkstrikesback

164. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Ruli island and Ruli city will now be called Lazulis island and Lazulis city.
I don't see whats wrong with the name Elza or the names Ruli island and Ruli city.

http://jisho.org/words?jap=ruri&eng=&dict=edict

Ruri = the Japanese word for Lapis Lazuli. As in the colour/precious stone. They just translated it so, you know, it'd actually make sense to people who can't read japanese.

Edit: And, Elza is a female name in english. That'll be why they're changing it.

Edited on by Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

165. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I just found out that they're doing some pointless name changing with the European version of this game. The main character Elza, is now being called Zael and Ruli island and Ruli city will now be called Lazulis island and Lazulis city. They may have made some name changes in XBC but those were only for characters with weirder names like changing Fiorung to Fiora and Carna to Sharla. I don't see whats wrong with the name Elza or the names Ruli island and Ruli city.

they should've kept the original names for those characters. to me elza is elza, not zael. just because they are localising this game for western audiences in english, why change the names at all? it's just not necessary.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

166. Posted:

Linkstrikesback wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Ruli island and Ruli city will now be called Lazulis island and Lazulis city.
I don't see whats wrong with the name Elza or the names Ruli island and Ruli city.

http://jisho.org/words?jap=ruri&eng=&dict=edict

Ruri = the Japanese word for Lapis Lazuli. As in the colour/precious stone. They just translated it so, you know, it'd actually make sense to people who can't read japanese.

Edit: And, Elza is a female name in english. That'll be why they're changing it.

Thanks, I didn't know about either of those. I can understand the former but if they can have a male character called Jade in Tales of the abyss and a male character called karol in Tales of Vesperia with the names remaining the same in the English versions then I think they should have kept Elza's name the same when its a pretty obscure name.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

167. Posted:

I'm looking forward to it.
Don't care about names being translated. Whatever. Just glad the game is coming.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

168. Posted:

Eauuuguhhhghhghhhhghhhhuhguhuhguhhh. The humming at the end... so... bad... :cringe:

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

169. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I just found out that they're doing some pointless name changing with the European version of this game. The main character Elza, is now being called Zael and Ruli island and Ruli city will now be called Lazulis island and Lazulis city. They may have made some name changes in XBC but those were only for characters with weirder names like changing Fiorung to Fiora and Carna to Sharla. I don't see whats wrong with the name Elza or the names Ruli island and Ruli city.

To be honest, I really couldn't care.
As long as the game's good, I don't care too much what the characters are named.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Linkstrikesback

170. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Linkstrikesback wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Ruli island and Ruli city will now be called Lazulis island and Lazulis city.
I don't see whats wrong with the name Elza or the names Ruli island and Ruli city.

http://jisho.org/words?jap=ruri&eng=&dict=edict

Ruri = the Japanese word for Lapis Lazuli. As in the colour/precious stone. They just translated it so, you know, it'd actually make sense to people who can't read japanese.

Edit: And, Elza is a female name in english. That'll be why they're changing it.

Thanks, I didn't know about either of those. I can understand the former but if they can have a male character called Jade in Tales of the abyss and a male character called karol in Tales of Vesperia with the names remaining the same in the English versions then I think they should have kept Elza's name the same when its a pretty obscure name.

I can understand why they're changing the town names, but to be honest, I don't think it's a good reason to be changing Elza/Eruzas name, but it was the only one I could come up with.
I really didn't know it was a female name in english without looking it up, and realistically, I don't think it'd have been a problem leaving it as Elza. It's really not uncommon for rpgs to change to more...English friendly names for no apparent reason,

Linkstrikesback

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

171. Posted:

It's just a name.

The character doesn't change at all, just a name.

Calm down, the are other things in the world to worry about.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iamthezenmaster

172. Posted:

I'm gonna buy and play this game,
Hyped about the multiplayer part

Fire Emblem Awekening, Project X Zone, League of legends, Diablo 3,

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JGMR

173. Posted:

My guess is that it won't be as groundbreaking as Xenoblade is, yet I'm very curious about this game.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

174. Posted:

Word on the street is that the AI in this game is really bad, which makes the game far less appealing to me. That's not the only problem I've heard either, just the only that stuck out to me.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

175. Posted:

My hopes are high. Lost Odyssey was one of the best console RPGs this gen. (not like that was hard to do when all the good stuff is on handhelds.)

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

176. Posted:

This article from Gonintendo mentions a special edition that contains an artbook and sountrack CD, the CD only has 7 songs from the game though. Also, The last story seems to be doing pretty good on Amazon's list of upcoming games as it got into the top 10 but is now in the top 20.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

edhe

177. Posted:

I'm waiting for GAME to put this up on the preorder list.

Alas, all we currently have for preorder is Deepak Chopra's Leela and 7 different wii dance/sing titles...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

edhe

178. Posted:

The GAME preorder is now live.

It's been up on amazon.co.uk for a while now, but I can use my loyalty card to preorder it now!

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wheels2050

179. Posted:

I'll have to look into the Last Story a bit more - I read a bit about it last year when it got released in Japan, but have lost track of it since. However, since I'm a real sucker for collector's editions, I'll probably end up grabbing it on release.

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

180. Posted:

inintendo gave this game 99 out of 100 http://inintendo.net/Nintendo%20Reviews/Wii/TheLastStoryImpor...

i'm intrigued by this game more and more.

misswliu81