Forums

Topic: The Last Story

Posts 161 to 180 of 424

FonistofCruxis

I just found out that they're doing some pointless name changing with the European version of this game. The main character Elza, is now being called Zael and Ruli island and Ruli city will now be called Lazulis island and Lazulis city. They may have made some name changes in XBC but those were only for characters with weirder names like changing Fiorung to Fiora and Carna to Sharla. I don't see whats wrong with the name Elza or the names Ruli island and Ruli city.

kkslider5552000

Because they are better names?

Ruli? Wow, that's bad. Really bad. Whoever named that city should be ashamed.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Linkstrikesback

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Ruli island and Ruli city will now be called Lazulis island and Lazulis city.
I don't see whats wrong with the name Elza or the names Ruli island and Ruli city.

http://jisho.org/words?jap=ruri&eng=&dict=edict

Ruri = the Japanese word for Lapis Lazuli. As in the colour/precious stone. They just translated it so, you know, it'd actually make sense to people who can't read japanese.

Edit: And, Elza is a female name in english. That'll be why they're changing it.

Edited on by Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback

misswliu81

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I just found out that they're doing some pointless name changing with the European version of this game. The main character Elza, is now being called Zael and Ruli island and Ruli city will now be called Lazulis island and Lazulis city. They may have made some name changes in XBC but those were only for characters with weirder names like changing Fiorung to Fiora and Carna to Sharla. I don't see whats wrong with the name Elza or the names Ruli island and Ruli city.

they should've kept the original names for those characters. to me elza is elza, not zael. just because they are localising this game for western audiences in english, why change the names at all? it's just not necessary.

misswliu81

FonistofCruxis

Linkstrikesback wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I don't see whats wrong with the name Elza or the names Ruli island and Ruli city.

Ruri = the Japanese word for Lapis Lazuli. As in the colour/precious stone. They just translated it so, you know, it'd actually make sense to people who can't read japanese.

Edit: And, Elza is a female name in english. That'll be why they're changing it.

Thanks, I didn't know about either of those. I can understand the former but if they can have a male character called Jade in Tales of the abyss and a male character called karol in Tales of Vesperia with the names remaining the same in the English versions then I think they should have kept Elza's name the same when its a pretty obscure name.

SKTTR

I'm looking forward to it.
Don't care about names being translated. Whatever. Just glad the game is coming.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

retired_account

Eauuuguhhhghhghhhhghhhhuhguhuhguhhh. The humming at the end... so... bad... :cringe:

retired_account

BenAV

mariofanatic128 wrote:

To be honest, I really couldn't care.
As long as the game's good, I don't care too much what the characters are named.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Linkstrikesback

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Linkstrikesback wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Thanks, I didn't know about either of those. I can understand the former but if they can have a male character called Jade in Tales of the abyss and a male character called karol in Tales of Vesperia with the names remaining the same in the English versions then I think they should have kept Elza's name the same when its a pretty obscure name.

I can understand why they're changing the town names, but to be honest, I don't think it's a good reason to be changing Elza/Eruzas name, but it was the only one I could come up with.
I really didn't know it was a female name in english without looking it up, and realistically, I don't think it'd have been a problem leaving it as Elza. It's really not uncommon for rpgs to change to more...English friendly names for no apparent reason,

Linkstrikesback

Aviator

It's just a name.

The character doesn't change at all, just a name.

Calm down, the are other things in the world to worry about.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

iamthezenmaster

I'm gonna buy and play this game,
Hyped about the multiplayer part

Smash Bros. 3DS,
Diablo 3 season 1,
Dragon Quest 9 DS,

Wii Friend Code: 4227 2156 8355

JGMR

My guess is that it won't be as groundbreaking as Xenoblade is, yet I'm very curious about this game.

With kind regards,

JGMR

CanisWolfred

Word on the street is that the AI in this game is really bad, which makes the game far less appealing to me. That's not the only problem I've heard either, just the only that stuck out to me.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

My hopes are high. Lost Odyssey was one of the best console RPGs this gen. (not like that was hard to do when all the good stuff is on handhelds.)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

FonistofCruxis

This article from Gonintendo mentions a special edition that contains an artbook and sountrack CD, the CD only has 7 songs from the game though. Also, The last story seems to be doing pretty good on Amazon's list of upcoming games as it got into the top 10 but is now in the top 20.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

edhe

I'm waiting for GAME to put this up on the preorder list.

Alas, all we currently have for preorder is Deepak Chopra's Leela and 7 different wii dance/sing titles...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

edhe

The GAME preorder is now live.

It's been up on amazon.co.uk for a while now, but I can use my loyalty card to preorder it now!

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Wheels2050

I'll have to look into the Last Story a bit more - I read a bit about it last year when it got released in Japan, but have lost track of it since. However, since I'm a real sucker for collector's editions, I'll probably end up grabbing it on release.

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

BenAV

Just noticed that apparently this is coming out in Australia one day before it comes out in Europe.
That's a pleasant surprise.

Can't wait to pick up my copy in three weeks from today then!

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.