Forums

Topic: The Last Story

Posts 141 to 160 of 424

Cia

Gamekult gave this game a 6/10, and Xenoblade 8/10. Not that any of that matters, since they give every game a bad or mediocre score regardless of platform or quality. (so in real life 6/10 is 9/10 and 8/10 is 11/10)

Edited on by Cia

Cia

Neon-Afro

MmBuddha wrote:

Who else on Nintendo Life is really exited about The Last Story? Of course all we have to go by is the development website, all in Japanese, but something about the name, the music, the concept art and Satoru Iwata's comment that Mistwalker are seeking to create "a new form of RPG by choosing the universal theme of human emotion" all adds up to this seeming like something special indeed.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/slsj/

I'm not excited for this game runs for hills like a f*cking madman

School is just like having a job except you don't get paid.

WiseGuy3683

kkslider5552000 wrote:

...I feel so hypocritical signing this.

spread the word I'm desperate

It's not the funnest thing to sign it however it gets people aware. Maybe it will also get people messaging Nintendo via twitter, email, etc and start getting the word out for both of these games! They said during E3 they believe the Wii separated the hardcore and casual, I however believe that there are many "hardcore" fans that own a Wii as well as other systems and like to buy good games no matter the system. When a quality RPG comes along for the Wii, a genre that hasn't seen as many good titles this generation across all platform, and its developed by known groups, it gets us excited. We have to let Nintendo know, hey, we want this game too!

R9 3900X | 5700XT | 32GB 3200 Mhz ; GPD Win Max
Also have a 60GB PS3, PS4 S, 360 S, XSX, Wii, Wii U, Switch, New 3DS XL, Vita, PSTV, Ouya, and DC

WiiWareWave

I just signed the petition.....
I hope The Last Story gets released,but Xenoblade has already been confirmed for release in the west,so I'm not worried too much about Xenoblade Chronicles not being released

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Meta-Rift

kdognumba1 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

...I feel so hypocritical signing this.

spread the word I'm desperate

It's not the funnest thing to sign it however it gets people aware. Maybe it will also get people messaging Nintendo via twitter, email, etc and start getting the word out for both of these games! They said during E3 they believe the Wii separated the hardcore and casual, I however believe that there are many "hardcore" fans that own a Wii as well as other systems and like to buy good games no matter the system. When a quality RPG comes along for the Wii, a genre that hasn't seen as many good titles this generation across all platform, and its developed by known groups, it gets us excited. We have to let Nintendo know, hey, we want this game too!

I really want The Last Story and Xenoblade localized, but if Nintendo doesn't want to do it, a petition won't change their mind. "Hardcore" doesn't mean anything anymore, but I think the issue is that the game's target audience would be much larger on other platforms. It still seems strange that they wouldn't go for an international release, considering how easy it would be to market. At least Xenoblade is confirmed for Europe, so I can import that.

Meta-Rift

FonistofCruxis

@kdognumba1 As others have mentioned, nintendo confirmed that Xenoblade chronicles would be released in Europe and on of the voice actors said it would be release in NA and also said that its out in EU in September. The last story is also confirmed for an EU release but an NA release is yet to be confirmed.
After reading the review that Tealovertoma posted a link to, I'm looking forward to this even more than I already was.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis

An American trademark for this game has been found so theres still a chance that Americans will be able to play this as well as Europeans. Source

Lan

mariofanatic128 wrote:

An American trademark for this game has been found so theres still a chance that Americans will be able to play this as well as Europeans. Source

Golly. Games sure are great. WHERE'S MY DAMN MONSTER HUNTER G, NINTEN-- CAPCOM??

Did people freak out over MHG only being released in Japanland? I'm tired.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

RudysaurusRex

It looks better than Xenoblade, that's for sure. It looks like new Final Fantasy (VII and beyond) mixed with old Final Fantasy (I-VI).
Graphics (New) Actual Fantasy game (old)

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

FonistofCruxis

AlexHighwind wrote:

It looks better than Xenoblade, that's for sure. It looks like new Final Fantasy (VII and beyond) mixed with old Final Fantasy (I-VI).
Graphics (New) Actual Fantasy game (old)

Its not really like Final fantasy, especially not the older ones. For example there is no overworld, just one big town so the side quests are either doing jobs for people round the town or being transported to a dungeon similar to the ones in the main chapters after talking to someone. To progress the story and play the main chapters of the game, there will be someone on the town to talk to that will lead to the next chapter. I've heard that its very easy until you're nearing the end but if you do need to grind you can call on groups of enemies to grind with in certain rooms. These rooms are often before a boss fight. I found some of this disappointing but it still looks like a really good a game but not as good as Xenoblade chronicles, that game looks epic.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

kkslider5552000

a lot of people has said it's Final Fantasy XII without some of the problems of Final Fantasy XII

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Wheels2050

A bit of news - The Last Story has been rated by the Australian Classifications Board, so looks like it'll be getting an official release here!

Source: http://www.vooks.net/story-20482-The-Last-Story-classified-fo... (and the board site is http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/find.nsf/d853f429dd0... )

I'm interested to know more about it - reviews of the Japanese version have been very favourable, but the feeling of people who have played it seems more mixed.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

BenAV

I'd be surprised if it didn't make it to Australia considering it's it's coming out in Europe.
And even if it didn't, I couldn't really care less because I'd just get it off eBay or something.

Really excited for this game.
Out of the three 'Operation Rainfall' games, I was initially most excited for this.
But since playing Xenoblade Chronicles for over 80 hours and not being done with it, I'm very doubtful that it'll be able to top the love I have for that game.
If it can, it'll be quite close to my favourite game ever, but as I said, I doubt I'm going to like it more than Xenoblade.
Expecting a pretty amazing game either way so I can't wait.
At the least it should be my second favourite RPG that I've ever played.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

FonistofCruxis

I think that the people who are hyping this up so much probably haven't looked into the game that much. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to it but I doubt that it will come close to beating the amazing Xenoblade chronicles and I don't think the critical reception will be as good. I don't think I'm far enough to decide on how I would rate XBC (currently at Valak mountain) but when I am It seems like a game that I would rate as a high 9/10 or maybe even a 10/10 whereas The last story looks like a game worthy of a high 8/10 or a low 9/10 from what I've seen.

BenAV

Too early for The Last Story I guess, but we'll find out next year when it's released in Europe/Australia.

I finished Xenoblade Chronicles and I'll soon be starting my second run of it so I can complete a lot more of the side quests and such and the game completely surpassed the expectations I had of it.
Personally, it's one of my favourite games of all time.
The gameplay is fun and all the user friendly features they added means nothing ever really gets frustrating or boring.
The story is compelling and keeps you interested from start to finish and it has a great soundtrack to go with it.

I feel like playing it now, but it's 3:50 in the morning so that'll probably have to wait till later.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

FonistofCruxis

Heres the first European trailer for the game:
[youtube:Bydhea7AE1c]
Most of it doesn't have any examples of the localization but the humming at the end sounds different to the way it sounded in the original Japanese trailer so that must be how it will sound in the European version. It definitely doesn't sound as good as the Japanese version but I think its ridiculous that in some of the comments on youtube people are making assumptions that the game as a whole will have bad localization just because of that.

misswliu81

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Heres the first European trailer for the game:
It definitely doesn't sound as good as the Japanese version but I think its ridiculous that in some of the comments on youtube people are making assumptions that the game as a whole will have bad localization just because of that.

which is ridiculous. it will have good localisation like xenoblade chronicles and plus, up to 4 players can play this game, and if this is true, then it is fantastic.

misswliu81

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.