Forums

Topic: The Last Story

Posts 101 to 120 of 424

Cia

Maybe we should all just sell our Wiis and buy some other console. Seriously, this is infuriating. Why couldn't they tell us this a year ago, and save us the trouble of waiting uselessly.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

HolyMackerel

@Faron Did you buy your Wii just for The Last Story? Um.

No plans doesn't mean never. It just means they are focusing on the Japanese release, which makes a lot of sense considering the size of the project. However it would be a pretty stupid move to release such a high budget, high exposure title exclusively in Japan because they would make a heck of a lot more money if it came out in the west as well.

I just think this means they're completing the game and releasing it in Japan first, and afterwards maybe setting their sights on international release. I'm glad that for once they're making a game for the Japanese market rather than trying to tailor it for western audiences. Still, here's hoping this doesn't turn out to be another Wii disappointment like Zangeki no REGINLEIV.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Cia

^ No, i didn't buy my Wii for just The Last Story, Xenoblade or Tales of Graces. I seriously doubt that they bring any of those games outside Japan. Why is beyond me.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

HolyMackerel

As we just discussed in the other thread, Xenoblade is definitely having a western release. Tales of Graces, I have no idea. They seem to release some of the Tales games and not others.

And like I said, "no plans" doesn't mean never, it just means they haven't thought about it yet. Understandable since they've been so busy making the game, lol.

But hey, a bunch of seemingly Japanese-only games have been released on Nintendo consoles these past years so we should keep our hopes up, especially for a high profile title like this. Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter Tri, 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and all those Shin Megami Tensei games all didn't seem like they would make it in the west but here they are.

HolyMackerel

Cia

^ I really hope that you're right and it's nice to know that we get at least Xenoblade =)

Cia

Cia

vonseux wrote:

Faron wrote:

^ No, i didn't buy my Wii for just The Last Story, Xenoblade or Tales of Graces. I seriously doubt that they bring any of those games outside Japan. Why is beyond me.

How about Sales? i think Tales of Symphonia 2 and maybe Arc Rise Fantasia had disincouraging numbers

The Last Story will propably (hopefully) get a lot better reviews than those games, and better reviews means better sales. This game is also clearly more ambitious than any Wii RPG before it, and has more hype surrounding it.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

Cia

You mean it's a mediocre /bad game with great sales? Everything involving MJ sells good...

Cia

CanisWolfred

Gamesake wrote:

Faron wrote:

If Last Story doesn't leave Japan, don't be too surprised. It's shaping up to be another genre bending RPG for the Wii, and not the Final Fantasy substitute many are desperate for.

THAT'S WHY WE WANT IT!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HolyMackerel

Mickeymac wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

Faron wrote:

If Last Story doesn't leave Japan, don't be too surprised. It's shaping up to be another genre bending RPG for the Wii, and not the Final Fantasy substitute many are desperate for.

THAT'S WHY WE WANT IT!

Yeah, who said they wanted a Final Fantasy substitute?

HolyMackerel

DarkTitanII

Hello, I’m the Founder of the petition, Michele Larini. I’d like to notice you the important events of these days. First We reach an important achievement, the 7000 signs, a great result in less than a week. And this has been possible only with your help, thank you^^ Second I report you that now, Mr Sakaguchi and the Mistwalker know the petition and our support to him, to the company and to the game. This is the proof of Sakaguchi sama on twitter and there is another from the mistwalker (Gianluca Gus I a man who still work with me for the petition) http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8352/sakaguchiaboutlaststo...
Third I notice you that also with your help many video games website report the news. Only for quoting some website, many of the most important website in Italy, Spain and German. And now gonintendo, vg247, some important blog like destructoid and many more. Now we want reach the achievement of publishing the petition on IGN and more important international website. Fourth we reach each place in the world: Germany, Spain, UK, France, Portugal, US, Greece, Russia and Arabian Countries, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, ecc… Then I ask you some more things to help us again: Sign the petition, if you didn’t do it first, publish again and everywhere you can the petition and contact to sign it everyone you know and try to contact website for the publication of the petition link. I remind that this is the link of the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/TLSWR/petition.html
And I remind also the link where you can find all the place where the petition is published: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gruppo-Localizzazione-JRPG-JRPG...
And, if you want spread this message.

DarkTitanII

HolyMackerel

@DarkTitanII Wow, it's incredible that you got a response from Mr. Sakaguchi, even if it was just a brief thank you message. I hope this is good news for an eventual western release. Thanks for your efforts on this Michele.

Though I never doubted a western release of The Last Story. It's such a high profile title that it simply must come to the west!

HolyMackerel

SMEXIZELDAMAN

DarkTitanII wrote:

Hello, I’m the Founder of the petition, Michele Larini. I’d like to notice you the important events of these days. First We reach an important achievement, the 7000 signs, a great result in less than a week. And this has been possible only with your help, thank you^^ Second I report you that now, Mr Sakaguchi and the Mistwalker know the petition and our support to him, to the company and to the game. This is the proof of Sakaguchi sama on twitter and there is another from the mistwalker (Gianluca Gus I a man who still work with me for the petition) http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8352/sakaguchiaboutlaststo...
Third I notice you that also with your help many video games website report the news. Only for quoting some website, many of the most important website in Italy, Spain and German. And now gonintendo, vg247, some important blog like destructoid and many more. Now we want reach the achievement of publishing the petition on IGN and more important international website. Fourth we reach each place in the world: Germany, Spain, UK, France, Portugal, US, Greece, Russia and Arabian Countries, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, ecc… Then I ask you some more things to help us again: Sign the petition, if you didn’t do it first, publish again and everywhere you can the petition and contact to sign it everyone you know and try to contact website for the publication of the petition link. I remind that this is the link of the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/TLSWR/petition.html
And I remind also the link where you can find all the place where the petition is published: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gruppo-Localizzazione-JRPG-JRPG...
And, if you want spread this message.

Cool

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Kid_A

Man I really hope this petition pays off. The game looks incredible; I'm not even into RPG's, but I'd definitely pick this one up.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ItsFuzzyPickles

Signed the petition Michele made. This is easily my most anticipated Wii game for 2011 and a game I would buy as soon as possible. The game just looks so good that I absolutely must get my hand on it.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.