Forums

Topic: The Death of G4

Posts 41 to 60 of 60

greyelephant

Tony wrote:

greyelephant wrote:

I tried to get into X-Play and Attack of the Show, but found both to be lame. X-Play focuses way too much on games that hold little or no intrest to me.

Attack of the Show is a bunch of nothing. That girl on there just gets on my nerves anymore. She's a joke.

That's Olivia Munn and I don't care for her either. The old X-play used to focus on PS2, XBoX, and Gamecube equally but now its so focused on X360 that they hardly ever talk about anything Nintendo anymore. Pretty much leaves no reason for me to watch it as I could care less about Gears of War tips and strategies

Yes, Olivia. Shes a douche. You can tell she has no real skills other than dressing and acting like a slut.

I agree, X-play focuses way too much on the shooters. I swear they'll do a review on GTA each and every show no matter if they've covered it yet or not.

Edited on by greyelephant

Mario Kart code, 4854 6869 0410 "Tim"
Animal Crossings City Folk Code:1119-1011-8429 , Name: Emily, Town: Peachy

Ravage

I remember watching it a bit when we got free previews (I think it happened twice) and kind of wanting it, but all it really had was constant re-runs and I didn't even really like X-play. I watch electric playground (EP now) and Reviews on the Run. I miss Tommy I remember watching reviews on the run when it was a short segment in electric playground. Now Tommy is busy doing Video Games Live, which is great, but I miss seeing him on the show. There's no one left to see if a device fits in his pants, or to call vic a melon head

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

brooks83

I liked X-Play back when it was called Gamespot TV, and then Extended Play. I can't remember the name of the original co-host. She was a lot cooler than Morgan though.

brooks83

The_Fox

greyelephant wrote:

Yes, Olivia You can tell she has no real skills other than dressing and acting like a slut.

And yet you say that like it's a bad thing.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

kokiriboy99

Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb are horrible, horrible people. And they seriously think they're all that. They probably eat babies.

Im going to defend Attack of the Show, though. That sh*t's hilarious. But i agree that Olivia always seems braindead. At least it's friendly and doesnt take itself too seriously, unlike Xplay.

Edited on by kokiriboy99

kokiriboy99

Ricardo91

jbrodack wrote:

tech tv was pretty good. never was into g4. tv about gaming never particularly interested me.

I liked Tech TV as well. One could actually learn something from that...

I used to like G4, but they're a joke now. Outside of X-Play, Web Soup, and (sometimes) Attack of the Show, all the other shows on thaty network are crap, and they hardly show anything video game-related anymore. I suppose video game TV was just not meant to be...

brooks83

I know people like to rag on Adam Sessler, but I think he's a pretty good guy. He really doesn't come off like he has a huge ego, he seems pretty down to Earth.

brooks83

Kid_A

G4 sucks. What's left to be said?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

vio

Did anyone watch the Cnet Central shows back in the late 90s? They were much like the TechTV shows in that they focused on computers and technology and actually tried to teach you something. They never catered to idiot Frat boys who don't even know what HTML stands for like G4 does. Oh, and Daphne Brogdon was hotter than any of those bimbos on G4.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Old_School

V8+Ninja wrote:

(Rant Warning!)
People, if you're just going to rant/talk about a game instead of proposing a question or statement that people will answer/debate on, get a blog! I've seen about 12 so far, and that's a ridicules amount! Just knock it off!
(Rant Warning!)

As for my opinion on G4, I never watched it, so I don't care.

Why not address the issue you have with this post with a moderator instead of playing the vigilante?

Vegeta: Just...just...transform damn you...
Bulma: We are going to have a penthouse sweet...and he'll drive a corvet...and we will make love every single...
Zarbon: (transforms)
Bulma: KILL IT WITH FIRE!

JusticeColde

the worst parts of g4 is:

that they fired layla kayleagh (think i just spelled her last name wrong) she was sexy during the feed

they show numerous marathons of cops & cheaters (both of which should be banished from g4) always blocking out new episodes of x-play & aots

and the x-play comedy writers just make too many dirty jokes (like saying that tyler perry is fake in one skit) and their list of nintendo jokes outwheighs the list of master chief jokes (those xbox loving a-holes)

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

The_Fox

supersepiroth wrote:

and their list of nintendo jokes outwheighs the list of master chief jokes (those xbox loving a-holes)

What?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

JusticeColde

The+Fox wrote:

supersepiroth wrote:

and their list of nintendo jokes outwheighs the list of master chief jokes (those xbox loving a-holes)

What?

they make more mean jokes at nintendo characters than they do at master chief (halo series [xbox-xbox360]) and kratos (god of war series [ps2-ps3-psp])

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

G4 used to be enjoyable to watch. They had Icons, Judgment Day, Cinematech, and another show I liked but can seem to remember. And then Tech TV had X-Play. When they merged the stations, I just thought that meant I wouldn't have to channel flip. Instead, it meant I had to channel change. It was tragic, I used to love watching TV shows about video games, it was such a fun alternative (like listening to talk shows on the radio, instead of music).

Edited on by

The_Fox

supersepiroth wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

supersepiroth wrote:

What?

they make more mean jokes at nintendo characters than they do at master chief (halo series [xbox-xbox360]) and kratos (god of war series [ps2-ps3-psp])

I got, but it just seems to be an odd thing to worry about. One of their characters is an obese pink puffball that has a special ability Freud would have a field day with. Oh, and the Pokemon games revolve around badly drawn animals with speech impediments forced into cockfighting by sociopathic 8 year old kids. There's plenty to make fun of there. Not not you can't find plenty of Sony or Microsoft characters to make fun of, but come on.

I should add that by making fun of them doesn't imply they're of poor quality.

-President John Adams

suburban_sensei

I really don't like G4...it was good back in the days of Judgement Day (Tommy and Victor were awesome), Arena, and a few other shows...it felt like REAL gamers television. Now, they just seem to take more advantage of the "nerds" by trying to show sexy girls who know nothing about technology. I think my final straw was when I watched the Comic-Con coverage of the Star Wars Spectacular. I am a Star Wars fan, and they way the supposed "nerd-friendly" channel hosted the event was appalling. Instead of just giving news, they had tons of cheesy jokes, and were almost talking down to the fans. Seriously, Olivia Munn is hot, but she is SO obnoxious, and was just an attention whore on stage. It's sad that it will never go back to the way it once was...G4 R.I.P.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Atlantis1982

brooks83 wrote:

I know people like to rag on Adam Sessler, but I think he's a pretty good guy. He really doesn't come off like he has a huge ego, he seems pretty down to Earth.

I agree as well, but G4 still sucks. Only time I do bother to watch it is during E3.

Atlantis1982

Egg_miester

g4 died years ago and now with only 1 game show that doesn't even take vdeogames serious its sad i do love the show web soup and ninja warrior but thats all i watch g4 for or i did

overturn code: 3266 3667 6901

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.