Forums

Topic: The Conduit - 61070 Error Code

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

Lugas

Hi all!

I've been trying to connect the Nintendo WFC to play the Conduit online (just got it yesterday) but it keeps on giving me a 61070 error code and telling me to consult support.nintendo.com. Unfortunately, that website is a tangly circular mess.

I've also tried with Tetris Party, but the same thing happens.

And here's the big shock: other parts that require the internet (Shopping/News etc) are working!

Any help will be much appreciated!

Currently playing:
Red Steel 2
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Pokemon HeartGold

toby_bob1

Error Code: 61070

Our experience shows that error messages within this range are typically caused by an unstable network connection. The issue could be with your connection environment, your friend's connection environment, or a temporary issue with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Our servers may be trying to handle an unusually high amount of traffic (especially if you are trying to play online with a recently-released or popular game, or if there is a new Wii system update). Please retry your connection later

If you have waited a few hours and are still experiencing issues, try the following:

1. How are you connecting online? The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is only compatible with Cable, DSL, and Fiber-optic internet connections. If you are connecting via Satellite, EV-DO (cellular), Dial-up, or other types of connections, then you should try to use an alternate type of connection. Contact your Internet Service Provider if you are not sure what type of internet connection you have.
  2. The error may be caused by a basic setting on the router that needs to be adjusted (such as the channel). Please review our general router troubleshooting.
  3. Some games may need certain settings on your router enabled or disabled to allow a successful connection with other players. This can include UDP and firewall settings that will vary from router to router. You can view our router pages by clicking here. If your router is listed, check to see if there are any special notes that may help. If there is no information for your particular router or you need further assistance, check out Nintendo's Tech Support Forums. Other users may have already found the solution you're looking for.

If you have tried all of the steps above with no success and you have been encountering the error for a period of at least a few hours, please call 1-800-255-3700. Our representatives are available between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.

yoyo

Lugas

I've seen that. But I didn't find it helpful at all.

Currently playing:
Red Steel 2
Pokemon HeartGold

theblackdragon

@Lugas: here's the condensed not-so-wall-of-text version, then:

• The problem could be on Nintendo's end, especially while trying to play online with a newly-released or very popular game, or if there has been a new Wii System update recently. Please try again later, when traffic may have slacked off.
  • You can only connect via Cable, DSL, or Fiber-Optic internet connections. Anything else (Satelite, Cellular, Dial-Up, etc.) will not work.
  • You may need to switch the channel setting on your router.
  • Some games may require certain settings to be changed on your router, including UDP and firewall settings. You'll need to search support.nintendo.com for the list (just look up your error code again and it'll be inline linked in the answer). You may also want to check out Nintendo's Tech Support Forums (also available via support.nintendo.com); other users might be having the same problem and a solution may have already come up in a thread there.

If you have tried all of the above and you are still encountering the same error for a period of at least a few hours, call 1-800-255-3700 between the hours of 6a and 7p Pacific Time, seven days a week for help from Nintendo.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Lugas

The thing is, I'm using an iMac (apple computer) with airport on to get the internet on my Wii. So I don't really know what to do.

Currently playing:
Red Steel 2
Pokemon HeartGold

theblackdragon

i believe someone else had problems re: airport on an iMac and connecting to the internet via Wii or DSi a while back here on the forums. there's information in the support.nintendo.com forums re: airport issues here, check it out (or ask them and see what answers they have for you :3).

there's also information on support.nintendo.com here re: Apple's airport routers and the specific settings you may need to change in order to get online with your Wii.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Lugas

I've tried various channels (1 and 11) and I'm still getting the same error (with tetris party).

Currently playing:
Red Steel 2
Pokemon HeartGold

Lugas

Interesting piece of information I have found:
http://matdonline.free.fr/img/firewall-US-2.png
If the Firewall is resoponsible, I could do that above or close it completely?
Any responses?

Currently playing:
Red Steel 2
Pokemon HeartGold

Sean007s

The conduit Servers suck basically.
thats the only reason it could be not working.
However...i know its dumb but when i had the same problem with my Call Of Duty World At War game not working online,i disabled the Firewall on my network and now it is working pretty good!^^

But remember to switch it back on when your done playing!
hopefully that will help.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

castlehominid99

Conduit servers suck. My game always lags and one time it made me leave the game

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Sean007s

Sorry to hear that...I think Nintendo Need to seriously...put it up a notch with their online service.
I mean...MArio Kart Wii.....that was perfection.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Modern_Legend

Lugas wrote:

The thing is, I'm using an iMac (apple computer) with airport on to get the internet on my Wii. So I don't really know what to do.

I do the same and i have no problem like that so that is very strange

PSN ID: MixedMajik
Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

Lugas

That is strange.

I would like to find a solution that doesnt disable the firewall. Is this a viable solution? http://matdonline.free.fr/img/firewall-US-2.png

Edited on by Lugas

Currently playing:
Red Steel 2
Pokemon HeartGold

Lugas

No one has anything to say?

Currently playing:
Red Steel 2
Pokemon HeartGold

theblackdragon

I tried in a couple of posts before to direct you to people who CAN help you (Nintendo's own tech support forums) and things you CAN try (since you're having problems, there's a toll-free number to get help straight from Nintendo) as opposed to continuing to ask here, because we're not all tech support gurus, nor do we all use an Airport router (and some of us who do have not had the same problems you have). Allow me to try the blunt approach this time (and please don't take this badly, it is frustrating to see someone asking the right questions in the wrong place and not getting the answers they need):

You are obviously not getting the help you need from this thread. Please try asking your questions on a forum specifically for tech help (like http://techforums.nintendo.com/nins/, Nintendo's own tech support forum made specifically for questions like the ones you have) OR, as you have tried a couple things and are still having issues, contact Nintendo themselves at 1-800-255-3700 between the hours of 6a and 7p Pacific Time, seven days a week, and they will help you.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.