Forums

Topic: The Conduit 2 Details Revealed

Posts 361 to 372 of 372

Chrono_Cross

Kirby's Air Ride is very good but still just a poor man's Mario Kart. Conduit 2 is one of the two best FPS games on the Wii (Goldeneye being the other one) with online multiplayer that surpasses Halo 3 due to the much better controls.

You forgot Black Ops. Which is by far more superior than GoldenEye.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Kirby's Air Ride is very good but still just a poor man's Mario Kart.

how the hell is Kirby's Air Ride like Mario Kart? 2 of the 3 modes are nothing like anything Mario Kart has ever done and even if you're talking about the most similar mode, the controls are faaaar more basic, it has a good twist on the use of attacks, it has the checklist to unlock things, the vehicles can glide, not to mention having unlockable vehicles long before Mario Kart did, the rails, etc.

also defending what even most defenders call a fairly typical game and then calling something else a poor man's anything is pretty amusing

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BulbasaurusRex

kkslider5552000 wrote:

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Kirby's Air Ride is very good but still just a poor man's Mario Kart.

how the hell is Kirby's Air Ride like Mario Kart? 2 of the 3 modes are nothing like anything Mario Kart has ever done and even if you're talking about the most similar mode, the controls are faaaar more basic, it has a good twist on the use of attacks, it has the checklist to unlock things, the vehicles can glide, not to mention having unlockable vehicles long before Mario Kart did, the rails, etc.

also defending what even most defenders call a fairly typical game and then calling something else a poor man's anything is pretty amusing

They're both fantasy racers with special attacks. Being far more basic to control (and Mario Kart is already pretty basic to control) doesn't make it better. Players usually want some depth in the controls, too. So the vehicles glide. That's mostly a cosmetic difference. It didn't help the Sonic Riders games. Mario Kart's Battle Mode is nothing like anything Kirby's Air Ride does. Whatever the other modes in KAR are, most people agree that Mario Kart: Double Dash does fantasy racing quite a bit better.

A typical game? Most people agree that Conduit 2 is a very good game, and its defenders call it a great game.

Basically, both games deserve a 7 to 8 out of 10 when judged by their consoles despite their aggregate scores in the 60's, therefore Kirby's Air Ride is clearly not "much better" for its console.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

BulbasaurusRex

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Kirby's Air Ride is very good but still just a poor man's Mario Kart. Conduit 2 is one of the two best FPS games on the Wii (Goldeneye being the other one) with online multiplayer that surpasses Halo 3 due to the much better controls.

Alright, one of the three best, although I doubt it's "far more superior than Goldeneye" when Goldeneye's aggregate score is actually a couple of points higher. Yes, I know aggregate scores have flaws, but they're good enough to use in this situation with you claiming "far superiority."

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

TheBaconator

I traded this game in about two weeks ago because the online was not anything near the quality of a good shooter on any other system, and in campaign I ran into a glitch where a door wouldn't open even when I restarted the level, and I watched walkthroughs online and I imitated them, but I still got stuck. Also the game kept freezing on me making a super loud screeching noise and I kept falling through the floor to my death. Had anyone else ran into these problems; I'm just wondering if these are common problems people ran across.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Chrono_Cross

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Alright, one of the three best, although I doubt it's "far more superior than Goldeneye" when Goldeneye's aggregate score is actually a couple of points higher. Yes, I know aggregate scores have flaws, but they're good enough to use in this situation with you claiming "far superiority."

I don't care what the score is. If you played both of the games you would know what I'm talking about.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Retro_on_theGo

ballkirby1 wrote:

I traded this game in about two weeks ago because the online was not anything near the quality of a good shooter on any other system, and in campaign I ran into a glitch where a door wouldn't open even when I restarted the level, and I watched walkthroughs online and I imitated them, but I still got stuck. Also the game kept freezing on me making a super loud screeching noise and I kept falling through the floor to my death. Had anyone else ran into these problems; I'm just wondering if these are common problems people ran across.

You always seem to have the worst kind of luck when it comes to buying something new.

kkslider5552000

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

[They're both fantasy racers with special attacks. Being far more basic to control (and Mario Kart is already pretty basic to control) doesn't make it better. Players usually want some depth in the controls, too. So the vehicles glide. That's mostly a cosmetic difference. It didn't help the Sonic Riders games. Mario Kart's Battle Mode is nothing like anything Kirby's Air Ride does. Whatever the other modes in KAR are, most people agree that Mario Kart: Double Dash does fantasy racing quite a bit better.

Ok, popularity is not an argument. Don't use it as an argument.

But that's beyond the point, that does nothing to show how the game is similar, which was the entire point. (hell, you gave me something that shows how Mario Kart is different. Thanks.)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheBaconator

@Retro
Yup, when I bought Mortal Kombat on the 360 on launch day, I beat the story mode and a few days later my story mode progress deleted itself along with everything I unlocked, but I still had the Kredits. However, all my Kredits magically disappeared a week ago along along with my Ladder progress.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

BulbasaurusRex

ballkirby1 wrote:

If that campaign glitch was on the first level, I believe it's already been patched. If it hasn't been patched yet, then it eventually will be. Personally, I haven't encountered any glitches like that.

Most players, myself included, agree that the online multiplayer is great. Like I said, it's basically Halo 3 with lower resolution graphics and much better controls. What about it don't you like (keeping in mind that things like glitches and hacking can and will be patched if not already patched)?

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex

kkslider5552000 wrote:

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

[They're both fantasy racers with special attacks. Being far more basic to control (and Mario Kart is already pretty basic to control) doesn't make it better. Players usually want some depth in the controls, too. So the vehicles glide. That's mostly a cosmetic difference. It didn't help the Sonic Riders games. Mario Kart's Battle Mode is nothing like anything Kirby's Air Ride does. Whatever the other modes in KAR are, most people agree that Mario Kart: Double Dash does fantasy racing quite a bit better.

Ok, popularity is not an argument. Don't use it as an argument.

But that's beyond the point, that does nothing to show how the game is similar, which was the entire point. (hell, you gave me something that shows how Mario Kart is different. Thanks.)

Um, when it's used relatively like this, yes it is. If most people like one game better than the other, that's the biggest indication possible that the game is better.

Yes, I did. They're both fantasy racers with special attacks, so they're in pretty much the same genre. That's all the similarity you need. I only brought up Battle Mode to counter your argument that having extra modes made KAR better.

BulbasaurusRex

Oh, a new patch (June 1) was recently released that tones down the stacking of speed upgrades (no more super-fast teleporters), fixes the Carbonizer and Phase Rifle ammo exploits, and gives us a new round of Double XP and an ASE Basketball promotion for the NBA Finals.

For reference, here are what the other patches released so far have done:

First 3 Patches (up to April 25):
Double experience added and removed.
First level gate glitch fixed.
Two different spawning glitches fixed.
Objective glitch fixed.

April 28:
Bug keeping players from sometimes being able to be revived was fixed.
In Online Team Multiplayer, one deathmatch mode will always be available.
You can no onger get stuck with negative credits.
You can no longer melee attack through a wall.
Shrieker is nerfed.

May 5:
Map spawning issue fixed.
Receiving negative credits from blueprint reimbursement bug fixed.
"Conduit Master" achievement will now always activate (only when you earn it, of course).
"Reverse Damage" upgrade now works in Invasion Mode.
"Helmet" upgrade now works.
Headsets will now always work between rivals.
Gamebreaking China level bug fixed (and affected profiles fixed).
Team rebalancing bug fixed.
Shrieker damage slightly increased to counter over-nerfing in previous patch.
Warp pistol strengthened.
Network improvements.

May 17:
More spawn glitch fixes.
Attempted to exit the Serenity map by going under the stairs will now kill you.
Bug preventing progression after bomb in Washington D.C. fixed (and affected profiles fixed).
You will no longer get booted if a loading screen takes longer than usual.
Fixes incorrect "Tie Game" announcements in team matches.
Lower bandwidth usage in certain ASE objective modes.
Attempts to fix Invasion crashes.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.