Forums

Topic: The biggest Nintendo hoax (System/Game) ever!

Posts 21 to 22 of 22

skywake

jayo wrote:

skywake wrote:

Super Mario 128 was a tech demo and it wasn't replaced with Sunshine. The most obvious thing that it turned into was Pikmin

SM128 is just a prototype, not a hoax! It was really intended to complement, not replace Sunshine(though I still consider Sunshine to be SM128)! Pikmin may have had some of its elements, but really, the most obvious thing it turned into was Super Mario Galaxy(personally, I like to consider Galaxy to be Super Mario 256, but that's me)!

that's what I was saying read the Original Post

and call me crazy when I think a tech demo showing 128 Marios on a platform at once seems to have been a bigger influence on a game where you are followed by 100 Pikmin than it did on than it did to a game where you control 1 Mario in space. If the demo was primarily trying to show Mario with interesting gravity it would have been called "Mario in Interesting Gravity" and not "Mario 128". Watch the video again. They have a whole bunch of Marios carrying boxes and throwing them off the edge, its Pikmin all over!

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

StarBoy91

Kirby NextGen!!!
Note to Developers/Publishers: if you post pictures of your currently made game, make sure that you release the game between five months and a year after you post those pictures!!!! Don't just leave us hangin'!

To each their own

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.