Forums

Topic: System Update 4.2 kills Wii consoles!

Posts 41 to 57 of 57

RJay

I heard system update 4.2 causes worldwide hunger and cancer as well!!!

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

Storm_Owl

will updateing to 3.4 to 4.2 brick my wii?

This account is dead move along please.

Magi

Vendetta wrote:

The thread title betrays a bit of sensationalism, IMO. I haven't seen the mob taking to the streets with pitchforks... yet.

They're too busy with the H1N1 paranoia.

Magi

invmat

Wow, is this news?
For the 99999# time no.
If you overwrite something you Wii needs when booting, and you turn off your Wii during overwriting it's very obvious that Wii's will brick. But fotunately, this is the only update that will cause so many bricks.

invmat

jayo

Played a few more games on my Wii, no issues so far!

jayo

The_Fox

Magi wrote:

Vendetta wrote:

The thread title betrays a bit of sensationalism, IMO. I haven't seen the mob taking to the streets with pitchforks... yet.

Well, of course the idiotic mob with pitchforks are busy. They're called tea baggers, and they're busy at the moment. They'll be more than willing to schedule a gathering of against Nintendo soon, though. They don't really have anything else to do.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

WaLuigi1982

I have had no problems thus far.

WaLuigi1982

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

If the update finishes, you are home free. There is no bricking after the update, only during it.

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Once again, no problems here.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

ItsFuzzyPickles

The+Fox wrote:

Magi wrote:

Vendetta wrote:

Well, of course the idiotic mob with pitchforks are busy. They're called tea baggers, and they're busy at the moment. They'll be more than willing to schedule a gathering of against Nintendo soon, though. They don't really have anything else to do.

If that happens, Nintendo will be done for. Who would want that to happen?

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Toon_Link

How can you tell if you have 4.2?

Toon_Link

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Toon+Link wrote:

How can you tell if you have 4.2?

Go into the Wii settings menu.

Toon_Link

I just checked and I have 4.2 and I've had it for like a week, and I haven't had any problems.

Toon_Link

Blue_Protoman

Toon+Link wrote:

I just checked and I have 4.2 and I've had it for like a week, and I haven't had any problems.

In that case, you're fine. You no longer need to read this thread.

Brawl: 4468-0656-5286 (Jesse)

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Yup, the brickification occurs when the boot program is being updated. That ONLY happens during the update. If it happens, your Wii is dead. There is no "partial" or "latent" bricking. It's either completely dead or completely healthy. So if you made it thru the update (which the vast majority of people have), there is nothing more to worry about. You can sleep easy at night.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.