Wii Forum

Topic: Super Mario Galaxy VS Super Mario Sunshine

Showing 21 to 40 of 56

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

21. Posted:

Both games are spectacular, with Galaxy edging out Sunshine because...well...it's Super Mario Galaxy!

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

22. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine gives you more to do, and has more openness and exploration to its levels, and the gameplay gives you more options. IMO, Super Mario Galaxy is by far the lesser game.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link-Hero

23. Posted:

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario 64
3. Super Mario Sunshine
4. Super Mario 64 DS

Super Mario Galaxy is by far my most favorite 3D Mario game. I love the gameplay, music, and the unique graphic style. I also really like the other Mario games I listed, but they just don't compare to Galaxy.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks really impressive that it might be even better then it’s predecessor, but we'll have to see that when I receive my preorder from Gamestop.:)

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMarioFan96

24. Posted:

Both are great, but Galaxy is absolutely fantastic. I like Sunshine, but it just feels defferent and not like a Mario game. I like FLUDD, but I perfer Mario without it. And, the levels were pretty repetitive, pretty much all being island themes. But as I said, I love them both.

Hoping that Galaxy 2 can out-do them both! I'm currently convinced that it can be, but I guess I'll just have to wait...

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MetalMario

25. Posted:

Galaxy. But 64 is better than all of them. Sunshine is really good though.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

26. Posted:

Sunshine all day, every day. Galaxy is a masterpiece, don't get me wrong--I just think Sunshine is...MORE of a masterpiece.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

27. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

But I dont think we can say Luigi levels makes Galaxy harder because its not part of the ´main game´

It's as much a part of the main game as any unlockable hard mode is part of the main game. It's optional, yes, but when people complain about the game not being difficult enough for them, it's kind of silly that they aren't utilizing it.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Raylax

28. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

moomoo wrote:

vonseux wrote:

  • Sunshine
    pro: hard
    cons: awful camera, fludd, bugs
  • Galaxy:
    pro: Great camera, controls and design
    cons: easy

Search Youtube for many many video-comparisons

How can difficulty be classified as a pro or a con? Some games work better because they are easy, and some games don't work because of how hard they are. Unless, of course, if you're talking about multiple difficulties, which is definitely a pro, but neither games have that.
Also, I'm pretty sure you've never played the Luigi Purple Coin challenge in Mario Galaxy. That was insanely hard.
Also, Mario Sunshine had one of the best hub-worlds in a video game (thus a pro.)
I personally believe Galaxy is the better game.

I havent... tough ive got it all with Mario.
But I dont think we can say Luigi levels makes Galaxy harder because its not part of the ´main game´

I don't think he was talking about purple coin challenges about Luigi, I think he was referring to the level "Luigi's Purple coins" in Toy Time Galaxy:

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CharlieRod

29. Posted:

I thought the purple coin thing was easy, I beat it on a 3rd try. At first I thought that I had to get ALL the coins, but then I realized there was like double of what I had to get.

Wii #: 2251-9414-6049-5297/MKW#:2364-9185-0872/SSBB#:3739-3462-6792
PSN: Rodriquez608
Get up. You'll be ok-
The brightest light is in the darkest of surroundings.
If you could rearrange, change, or delete your memory, would you?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

30. Posted:

Wiil there be an Super Mario Sunshine 2

cuz there Mario 64 Ds
and Super Mario Galaxy.2

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

31. Posted:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

And, the levels were pretty repetitive, pretty much all being island themes.

What where you expecting from a game set on an island? A farmland? ;)

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

32. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

vonseux wrote:

But I dont think we can say Luigi levels makes Galaxy harder because its not part of the ´main game´

It's as much a part of the main game as any unlockable hard mode is part of the main game. It's optional, yes, but when people complain about the game not being difficult enough for them, it's kind of silly that they aren't utilizing it.

We cant say a game is hard just because the levels 200 / 220 are. you can say the game have some hard levels (after you complete it)

The "Luigi levels" aren't just levels 200 - 220. You play the entire game again as Luigi, whose reduced traction causes a significant increase in difficulty...especially in the race levels, and on-rails purple coins levels.

But, again, it's not really fair to say the game isn't hard enough when there IS an optional harder mode that you choose not to explore. To each his own, but surely you have to see why that's not much of a complaint.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TLink9

33. Posted:

Link-Hero wrote:

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario 64
3. Super Mario Sunshine
4. Super Mario 64 DS
Why would the DS version be lower, it was portable and more stars, better graphics, better controls, and more caracters. :(

Super Mario Galaxy is by far my most favorite 3D Mario game. I love the gameplay, music, and the unique graphic style. I also really like the other Mario games I listed, but they just don't compare to Galaxy.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks really impressive that it might be even better then it’s predecessor, but we'll have to see that when I receive my preorder from Gamestop.:)

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Newton show!
GoldenEyeFC:318406336572
3DS FC: 3308-4551-3937

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

34. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

moomoo wrote:

vonseux wrote:

  • Sunshine
    pro: hard
    cons: awful camera, fludd, bugs
  • Galaxy:
    pro: Great camera, controls and design
    cons: easy

Search Youtube for many many video-comparisons

How can difficulty be classified as a pro or a con? Some games work better because they are easy, and some games don't work because of how hard they are. Unless, of course, if you're talking about multiple difficulties, which is definitely a pro, but neither games have that.
Also, I'm pretty sure you've never played the Luigi Purple Coin challenge in Mario Galaxy. That was insanely hard.
Also, Mario Sunshine had one of the best hub-worlds in a video game (thus a pro.)
I personally believe Galaxy is the better game.

I havent... tough ive got it all with Mario.
But I dont think we can say Luigi levels makes Galaxy harder because its not part of the ´main game´
Ofcourse difficulty can make a game or not, what makes Contra and Megaman so appealing? what makes many many modern games so boring?
The right thing to do is to dose the Challange and the Accomplishment.
The main problem i have with Sunshine are Bugs that makes things difficult not by challange. Like at the final level when we have to cross the lava in a Boat. The mechanics are so awlful that you must have Luck to go trough. The same for some Hotel levels. And the boss with dirty tooth = the camera can go wild in that one

What makes Megaman and Contra so appealing are their simple and fun gameplay mechanics, not their difficulty. All that does is make the game seem longer to make up for the content.
Have you ever played the first Lost Winds? I don't think anyone could say that was a hard game, unless you couldn't figure out some of the puzzles. That didn't get rid of any of its charm though. The reason why you say so many modern games aren't fun isn't because of the difficulty, it's because they aren't fun to play. Many gamers actually complain about a game being too challenging, because it gets rid of any sense of progression due to not being able to beat anything within the game.
You've got to keep in mind, many people that played the first Galaxy couldn't even get past the first level. Not everyone is a seasoned gamer.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

35. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine is the only Mario game I don't have or never really played. I remember renting it back in the GCN days, but it just never did it for me for some reason. I'm surpised, because it looks fantastic based on the several YouTube videos I've seen. I love the beautiful tropical island and huge expanded open worlds, it looks enormous in scale. It would be great if NIntendo released it as a 'New Play Control' game, since the Wii Remote would be superior when aiming the Fludd :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link-Hero

36. Posted:

TLink9 wrote:

Link-Hero wrote:

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario 64
3. Super Mario Sunshine
4. Super Mario 64 DS
Why would the DS version be lower, it was portable and more stars, better graphics, better controls, and more caracters. :(

Super Mario Galaxy is by far my most favorite 3D Mario game. I love the gameplay, music, and the unique graphic style. I also really like the other Mario games I listed, but they just don't compare to Galaxy.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks really impressive that it might be even better then it’s predecessor, but we'll have to see that when I receive my preorder from Gamestop.:)

Because I did not like the choices they made with all the characters. I did not like having to hunt down a cap or leave a level to go to one of their rooms for a specific character just so I can get to a certain area or use a power-up. It was just very annoying to me. The original N64 version did not do that, so it’s a better game because of it.

Sure, SM64DS has better graphics, more levels, and more stars to collect, but those reasons alone doesn’t help make it any better than the original.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage
Avatar

jaw51

37. Posted:

I personally loved them both, but I always liked Sunshine a little better. It had an incredible hub world and the general atmosphere of the game is just fantastic. The FLUDD wasn't great, but I don't think it made the game worse in any way. However, I haven't played it in around 4 years, so maybe if I played it now I would have different feelings. Super Mario 64 is still my favorite 3D Mario, though.

There is no spoon
Welcome to die!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

38. Posted:

Link-Hero wrote:

TLink9 wrote:

Link-Hero wrote:

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario 64
3. Super Mario Sunshine
4. Super Mario 64 DS
Why would the DS version be lower, it was portable and more stars, better graphics, better controls, and more caracters. :(

Super Mario Galaxy is by far my most favorite 3D Mario game. I love the gameplay, music, and the unique graphic style. I also really like the other Mario games I listed, but they just don't compare to Galaxy.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks really impressive that it might be even better then it’s predecessor, but we'll have to see that when I receive my preorder from Gamestop.:)

Because I did not like the choices they made with all the characters. I did not like having to hunt down a cap or leave a level to go to one of their rooms for a specific character just so I can get to a certain area or use a power-up. It was just very annoying to me. The original N64 version did not do that, so it’s a better game because of it.

Sure, SM64DS has better graphics, more levels, and more stars to collect, but those reasons alone doesn’t help make it any better than the original.

The original also has Analog control which makes a huge difference. And you know, the N64 analog felt more complex to use rather than the analog sticks we have of today. The N64's stick was stiffer and it was easier to make Mario slowly walk, creep, run ect ect, it had more precision. Nintendo makes the best analog sticks, and while I love the nuncuck analog stick, it's still not as good as the N64 stick. If anything Sony makes the WORST analogs. Talk about loose...It might as well just be a d-pad.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Funky_Gamer

39. Posted:

Well, it is not an easy choice, that is for sure.
Both are great games, and have made it into my favorites. Galaxy was very clever and fun, and different from the others. I mean come on. NO ONE had ever thought of space for a game. On the other hand, Sunshine abandon us on a strange island with a little device. Galaxy was definitly too easy, but Sunshine was too hard for the blue coins. I felt that Galaxy could have done better, but was extremely good already. The only problem with sunshine were those dumb camera angles, and those dumb blue coins. I felt that the bosses in Galaxy were funner and more interesting, but hte final boss was a FAIL. Sunshine was the exact opposite. You basically faught the exact same bosses over and over, but the final boss was awesome.
Personally I have to go with Galaxy as a better game, but Sunshine as a better challenge.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WildMan

40. Posted:

It's actually quite hard to choose. Sunshine is great because I have great memories growing up with it and it has a superior hub. On the other hand, Super Mario Galaxy has a far superior story, superior graphics and a WAY BIGGER variety for levels(Sunshine had only tropical places). I don't know which to choose.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852