Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 566

Philip_J_Reed

I'm somewhere in world 3 right now, and while I admit it's not challenging for the main stars, there have been a few optional ones (and Comet Coins) that have gotten me killed while trying to reach. I have to imagine that later Comet Coins are going to be downright brutal to get...and I look forward to that.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

SuperMarioFan96

Just got to world 5 and still loving it. I loved NSMBW, but most of the 2D levels in Galaxy 2 are, IMO, better than most of the ones in NSMBW. I just feel wowed with every new galaxy I visit. It's like nothing I've ever played before.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

MetalMario

I've been getting a bunch of Prankster Comets. They're loads of fun though so I don't mind.

So far I'm at 70 Stars and 30 Comet Medals.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

nothankyou

It's REALLY annoying that you can't save how many lives you have.

Current Status: 45 stars, 15 comet medals, World 4.

nothankyou

MetalMario

SpriteKing wrote:

It's REALLY annoying that you can't save how many lives you have.

Current Status: 45 stars, 15 comet medals, World 4.

You couldn't do that in the first, either. But at least you can get a whole bunch on the Starship.

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Kizzi

Very fun

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

turtlelink

Question. How do you use items on Starship Mario? I have the Cloud Flower and Rock Mushroom in there and i don't know what they're for.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

weirdadam wrote:

I don't know why you require an arbitrary number of differences, but the main differences are the obvious ones:
Yoshi, new power-ups, the world map, Starship Mario, and the purple Luma (replacing Rosalina as your guide to the game).

I'll get it this summer, I guess.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

MetalMario

turtlelink wrote:

Question. How do you use items on Starship Mario? I have the Cloud Flower and Rock Mushroom in there and i don't know what they're for.

Well, I don't know for sure, but I think they are for show. I got a Cloud Flower outside as well earlier.

MetalMario

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

OK, from what I observe, here are the changes:

1. Yoshi- he makes everything better.
2. co-op- good when you can actually get a partner
3. Larger worlds- what's really excited me is the lack of planet hopping. You actually stay on each planet for awhile!
4. influences from NSMB- that's going to be interesting
5. Linear map- actually makes things better, since you're not maniacally running back and forth between worlds.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Chrono_Cross

I'm 64 stars into this game right now (since I've been taking a break from MH3), and I have to say that this is quite possibly one of the best games I've ever played.
The reviews were right!

How far are you guys?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Adam

I was excited when Luigi appeared, and even more excited when it saved his ghost after playing a level. Being able to race your ghost makes even a boring level kind of fun. But then I got to the next level, and no Luigi. I guess he just appears in certain levels?

Also, I got to the level where you stand atop that rolling marble thing, and the controls were super unresponsive. I don't know what's up with that because it worked fine for me in the original Galaxy. Damn finnicky motion controls, they got no place in my Mario game.

MetalMario wrote:

And I really don't see how having the pointer up on the screen as Yoshi messes up how you sit in relation to the TV.

Obviously some places are easier to point at the screen than others. I like to play lying down in bed, which means having to hold my arm up awkwardly and having to point around my admittedly clown-shoe-sized feet. And when I'm sitting up, it's usually from the floor, as my only chair is not that comfortable, and from there I have to lift my arm much too high for comfort to register. So my two most comfortable positions are out.

Not only this, but my TV is in such a position that I can't really sit directly in front of it, and being at an angle makes the IR a little more difficult.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kid_A

weirdadam wrote:

Also, I got to the level where you stand atop that rolling marble thing, and the controls were super unresponsive. I don't know what's up with that because it worked fine for me in the original Galaxy. Damn finnicky motion controls, they got no place in my Mario game.

Really? That's weird, man--I was super impressed with how responsive the controls were for that level. They were motion-plus good.

Anyway, what's everybody's favorite level so far? For me it's a toss-up between the Fluffy-Bluff galaxy and the Puzzle-Plank Galaxy

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

RandomWiiPlayer

Kid_A wrote:

Anyway, what's everybody's favorite level so far? For me it's a toss-up between the Fluffy-Bluff galaxy and the Puzzle-Plank Galaxy

I prefer the Starshine Beach Galaxy. It think that's what it's called, anyway.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

pikku

i love the Fluffy Bluff Galaxy

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

nothankyou

My favourite Galaxy so far is probably the Wild Glide Galaxy. It is SO much fun riding that bird!

nothankyou

Collinhall

What I meant was, if 5% are old planets, which ones are just recycled planet from the original galaxy

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

Collinhall

Yes, I belive the assist is on every level, (not sure about boss battles though) You have to die several times to get the assist though, so your gonna be doing ALOTTA dying if u want the assist on all of them! Plus, the star is the less valuable bronze star, so your friends will know you slacked off.

Does anyone know if there are any levels that have Mario Sunshine music remixes? Any other things from sunshine that are in SMG2?

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

theblackdragon

diego_pmc wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

This is a question best suited for the SMG2 hype thread, my friend. please continue the discussion there :3

So now we got to ironically calling everyone who dares not be impressed by SMG "friend"?

i don't care if you're impressed by the game or not... if you have a question about hype, you ask in a thread that's all about the hype. there was no need for a separate thread about it since your answers are far more likely to be found in this one.

also, no... i genuinely thought we were at the 'friend' level, considering i've seen you around plenty of times and i'm sure this hasn't been the first time we've directly interacted. apparently i was mistaken

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.