Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 566

Kid_A

Collinhall wrote:

I get my copy tommorow, but I was wondering, does SMG 2 still have big main worlds for you to explore, eg honeyhive galaxy, or is it just hopping from planetoid from planetoid

There's more big worlds than little planetoids thus far (I'm on world 2) and they're much more interesting, if you ask me. My favorite is probably the Fluffy Bluff Galaxy. It's a really interesting treetop town with these strange block-of-wood inhabitants. Plus, you get to play around with the cloud Mario suit, which is also boss.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Funky_Gamer

Quick question:
If you die enough times that the cosmic rosalina apears, but you don't have her show you the way, it is still going to be a gold star right?

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

SuperMarioFan96

Funky+Gamer wrote:

Quick question:
If you die enough times that the cosmic rosalina apears, but you don't have her show you the way, it is still going to be a gold star right?

Yes.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

Kid_A

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

Funky+Gamer wrote:

Quick question:

Yes.

The first time she popped up it scared the hell out of me

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

cheetahman91

One thing I like about the game is that you can play as Luigi on certain levels. Sure he doesn't act much different than Mario, but it's nice to have a little change-up.

Also, the music is fantastic.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

ASDFGHJKL

I got it early today. Got 41 stars. My mind cant handle it anymore. It is extremely good. If it continues the same, this just might be my new favorite game.

ASDFGHJKL

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

So are the galaxies any different from the old ones?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

ASDFGHJKL

StarFox wrote:

So are the galaxies any different from the old ones?

They are completely different. Well there is one that is not necessarily the same galaxy, but will strike you very familiar.

ASDFGHJKL

LzWinky

GALAXY 2 IS ZEH AWEZOMENESS!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Funky_Gamer

I got 28 stars today! Already over 10%... Iits going by to fast

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I just watched a bit of a walkthrough, and it looks very similar. I don't get what all the excitement is about.

LzWinky

StarFox wrote:

I just watched a bit of a walkthrough, and it looks very similar. I don't get what all the excitement is about.

Of course the basics are like the first one. You actually have to play it to see awesome it is

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

All right, I'll get it this summer when spring quarter ends.

HolyMackerel

Someone sell me on this game. I've never liked 3D Mario games much, so I want to know what I'm missing out on with SMG2. I don't have SMG1 either. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy SMG2 or just leave it on the shelf.

HolyMackerel

LzWinky

HolyMackerel wrote:

Someone sell me on this game. I've never liked 3D Mario games much, so I want to know what I'm missing out on with SMG2. I don't have SMG1 either. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy SMG2 or just leave it on the shelf.

Plenty of fun 2D segments. And http://wii.nintendolife.com/reviews/2010/05/super_mario_galax...

theblackdragon

HolyMackerel wrote:

you can always try a demo version at your local Gamestop or Best Buy (if they've changed it over from NSMBW). I'd say if you didn't like SMG, though, you probably won't like SMG2 either, considering it's more of the same so far (but in a great way). :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Aviator

Need. To. Import.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Machu

I miss the days when the internet was in it's infancy. I miss the days when a game was released elsewhere, but you'd hear nothing or see nothing of it until it reached your shores. We used to receive games months after US launch, and it wasn't that difficult to bare. These days, 18 days can seem like an eternity.

Rawr!

irken004

Kid_A wrote:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

Funky+Gamer wrote:

Quick question:

Yes.

The first time she popped up it scared the hell out of me

I haven't died enough times yet to see her. I'm already through to the 4th world, with no signs of the challenge picking up. Maybe I'm too good.

SuperMarioFan96

Galaxy 2 just passed Galaxy on Metacritic and now has a 98 score due to an A from The Onion (AV Club) and a 10/10 from Eurogamer. The only other games on Metacritic that have a 98 or higher are GTA 4 (for both systems), Soulcaliber (Dreamcast), Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Playstation), and Ocarina of Time (N64, of course). Ocarina of Time is the only one that has a 99.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.